Time to crank up the SuperCharger.

WackenSS

• Member Contributer
On 7/11/2020 at 10:46 AM, WackenSS said:

So took another day studying what Dimsport have done to the mapping on the different generations just to educate myself.

5th gen is the same across the board as expected. 6th gen however has lots of added ignition on both above and below the vtec transition point. i can not see any other reason for this than the vtec was conservative on the ignition table from the factory.

Pistons have a different PN but the rings are the same and compression is at 11.6 on both. visually googling the pistons does not reveal any differences on the piston top. might be that they are lighter with less mass in the piston crown and that might also be the reason why the 6th gen rev a little higher as rods are the same on both. There is a whooping 4 degree difference with 5th gen at only +1 @ 7300rpm...

WOT @ 12000rpm the 5th have +1 and vtec has -1

in the low range the 5th gen has lots of added fuel up to 3700 at throttle roll-on and roughly the same after.

I dont know why RB starts at 1600rpm and sets upper limit at 12200 in their blocks.

Vtec has a narrower valve included angle.

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
On 7/8/2020 at 7:57 PM, WackenSS said:

One thing I have been thinking I should have done is to see the actual pressure from the plenum. Im curious to see if the rotrex is causing a restriction below where it starts spinning enough to make positive pressure. it's around the 5000rpm mark - I guess 200 below. That would furter explain the fueling tables being subtracted with the pulleys I'm using.

The simple answer here would be to fit 2-stoke reed valve blocks into the plenum, thus if at any point the plenum chamber is at less than atmospheric pressure then they will open & allow air in !

• Member Contributer
On 7/8/2020 at 8:54 PM, WackenSS said:

For the experts out there - any point in fitting an EGT in the collector?
It's to far away right?

It will never be turbo temps for sure and if might even be totally wasted moneys, but I love numbers like this emoji846.png

You could always use 2-stroke IR EGT sensors, one per header. 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
On 7/11/2020 at 10:46 AM, WackenSS said:

So took another day studying what Dimsport have done to the mapping on the different generations just to educate myself.

5th gen is the same across the board as expected. 6th gen however has lots of added ignition on both above and below the vtec transition point. i can not see any other reason for this than the vtec was conservative on the ignition table from the factory.

Pistons have a different PN but the rings are the same and compression is at 11.6 on both. visually googling the pistons does not reveal any differences on the piston top. might be that they are lighter with less mass in the piston crown and that might also be the reason why the 6th gen rev a little higher as rods are the same on both. There is a whooping 4 degree difference with 5th gen at only +1 @ 7300rpm...

WOT @ 12000rpm the 5th have +1 and vtec has -1

in the low range the 5th gen has lots of added fuel up to 3700 at throttle roll-on and roughly the same after.

I dont know why RB starts at 1600rpm and sets upper limit at 12200 in their blocks.

5th gen was RC45 engine fitted with 180 crank +2mm added stroke. They were tuned to max ignition advance. Max I have been able to add up to 6k rpm is 3degrees on high octane fuel. 

The 6th gen revs to same as 5th gen rpm, 11,750 red line & 12,200 ignition rev limiter cut off.

6th gen has narrower included valve angle so valve pockets are cut at a different angle. Otherwise AFAIK pistons are the same. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Mohawk said:

5th gen was RC45 engine fitted with 180 crank +2mm added stroke. They were tuned to max ignition advance. Max I have been able to add up to 6k rpm is 3degrees on high octane fuel. 

The 6th gen revs to same as 5th gen rpm, 11,750 red line & 12,200 ignition rev limiter cut off.

6th gen has narrower included valve angle so valve pockets are cut at a different angle. Otherwise AFAIK pistons are the same. 

Great intel - thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 2:08 PM, WackenSS said:

Det høres kjent ut emoji846.png

Vfr800"fi" is the factory name on the European version, of course the fi was short for forced induction...

Its been absolutely trouble free after the initial bugs mentioned earlier where worked out.
I've worn out 2 belts, and both bearings in the PTO. Still have that same sprocket and chain as pre charger actually.

My goal is putting the 200ish crank hp directly on the wheel.

@WackenSS do you have a part number handy for the belt? I'd like to order a spare

16 minutes ago, Sweeper said:

As I read this, it hit me that I know three people with supercharged VFRs! What are the odds of that?😀

Well, you have made some right choices in your life 🙂

I seem to remember 11 sold...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Today I had the time to sneak the vfr past all my projects and in to the shop.

It's a wierd feeling because I am super excited to find the cause of the loudest supercharger i ever heard - and I've been at top-fuel dragster shows many times!

I have this diseases that finds pleasure in mechanical faults, even on my own stuff... It's a great feeling to finally tear a rotrex down as i e been itching to se how it's made.

Time to spend mad amounts of USD, again...

IMG_20220502_170213.jpg

IMG_20220502_172534.jpg

IMG_20220502_181352.jpg

IMG_20220502_182732.jpg

IMG_20220502_182742.jpg

IMG_20220502_184713.jpg

IMG_20220502_182758.jpg

IMG_20220502_184717.jpg

IMG_20220502_184847.jpg

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, WackenSS said:

Time to spend mad amounts of USD, again...

Better than parking your pennies on a savings account no? :tongue:

image.thumb.png.da1042089c2044fc9998f9cec6f225f9.png

supercharger on your vfr ??

bike will overheat easily, and the clutch might not be able to handle the extra power.

RAEVA MI VERKER !

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, squirrelman said:

bike will overheat easily, and the clutch might not be able to handle the extra power.

RAEVA MI VERKER !

:laughing6-hehe::laughing6-hehe::laughing6-hehe::laughing6-hehe::laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

image.png.1dd71e17538d8a32d66a2577836f751a.png

Does this still hold true?

Back in 2016 I kept this in the back of my head...

IMAG4488.jpg

I hate riding a motorcycle at posted speeds! I'd propose that there should be a separate limit for motorcycles. Maybe I'll run for public office?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Sweeper said:

I hate riding a motorcycle at posted speeds! I'd propose that there should be a separate limit for motorcycles. Maybe I'll run for public office?

Just promise to cancel all motorcycle debt - you'll win for sure!  :wink:

21 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Better than parking your pennies on a savings account no? :tongue:

image.thumb.png.da1042089c2044fc9998f9cec6f225f9.png

I saw this last year at the bank, put it all in crypto instead - that makes these numbers look great in retrospect 😅

18 hours ago, squirrelman said:

RAEVA MI VERKER !

It's hot for sure, but Norway's not!

This clutch myth is surely diehard. I'm well over 30k km supercharged and almost 70k km total on a clutch from 99' only stronger springs.

Du mangler Æ i alfabetet ditt 😅

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dutchy said:

image.png.1dd71e17538d8a32d66a2577836f751a.png

Does this still hold true?

Back in 2016 I kept this in the back of my head...

IMAG4488.jpg

No, there is nothing true about it. The salary is approx double and the ticket price is based on how fast in km/h over the current speed limit. You can go to jail an be considered a criminal, but that's full send/all beans i guess.

I've had zero tickets on 2 wheels 👍

5 hours ago, Sweeper said:

You go to office and fix this stupid rule!

I'm ashamed! She does not look pretty without her clothes!

Let's see what we can do about this...

I've made some research and tried to analyze the charger failure.

There might be some very interesting information coming up for us rotrex guys as a result of this blown piece of danish technology.

IMG_20220502_154608.jpg

19 hours ago, WackenSS said:

I've made some research and tried to analyze the charger failure.

There might be some very interesting information coming up for us rotrex guys as a result of this blown piece of danish technology.

What do you have cooking? I'm interested to hear your findings.

I am aware that the newer iteration of the C15 does not use a shaft oil seal, and so all the oil needs to be located below the centerline of the shaft. I've taken that into account with my current installation. I've also added an oil cooler for the Rotrex oil.