2019 VFRD Memorial Spring Ride

• Forum CEO

*****2019 VFRD MEMORIAL SPRING RIDE****
                             May 2-5, 
                 Microtel Inn Franklin NC
                        828-349-9000

Rates M-Th $69, Fri-Sun $89 +tax
   Event cost -$55, beverage, shirt, dinner & fun included. VFRD Eventbrite page will be set up for you to sign up and pay. This year plan to contribute to the swag.  Any questions contact Bob Ealy or Benjamin Ealy.

FB_IMG_1538023367831.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone I’m getting this thing kicked off. Sorry for the delay in posting this, and huge thanks to Miguel for creating a thread for this years ride. The basics are covered above in that post. Here you’ll find the link to the Eventbrite page where you can register and pay the fee as well as choose to add extra dinner tickets and T-shirt’s for significant others, friends, and family. Dad and I are super excited to see everyone in May and we hope for beautiful weather and a week full of rubber down riding. Hurry and register as the cut off is April 1st! If there are any questions or concerns please reach out to me directly. 

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-vfrd-memorial-spring-ride-tickets-55192317708

-PRB

• 4 weeks later...
I'd like to go, but will be in NC in June for a wedding; can't swing the trip twice.

Having been there for a wedding and the SpringRide, I can honestly say ... you should do both. That was a close one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about these two? Trace and Norm have gone missing. I bet they have some stories to tell after missing a couple of events.

four.JPG

• Member Contributer

Hmm. Never had any ability to do this when in CA.

But now in Raleigh, and need to see some decent roads before I go nuts. Haven't seen a turn since I moved here.

A few questions:

-Anybody riding out there from Raleigh/durham/CH or coming through here?

-Are there rides for small groups of experienced riders or are these "group rides" with many levels?

But now in Raleigh, and need to see some decent roads before I go nuts. Haven't seen a turn since I moved here.

A few questions:
-Are there rides for small groups of experienced riders or are these "group rides" with many levels?

There aren’t usually organized rides. The groups are mostly five to seven. We all try to help new folks find a good group fit. It is a memorial ride so we always try to respect that. Come on and join us.

4 hours ago, Brown81 said:

A few questions:

Count me in. 

• Member Contributer

Hawkgirl and I are of course, in. I'll book our room this week and eventually get around to the eventbrite registration. As always, can't wait to see all you degenerates again. 

I don't see ticket options for the go kart track. What's up with that?

Haven’t seen you and your dad for a bit. Y’all are due an appearance.

• Member Contributer
On 2/18/2019 at 6:44 PM, Sweeper said:

There aren’t usually organized rides. The groups are mostly five to seven. We all try to help new folks find a good group fit. It is a memorial ride so we always try to respect that. Come on and join us.

Thank you. Just want to ride some twisties as much as possible.

I do respect what it is about and remember the original event and the reason for it. But had been off the forum for a few years.

On 2/18/2019 at 10:25 PM, YYZ said:

Count me in. 

Nice. I'll keep in touch. And if you are ever riding in this area and have any routes you would like to share, please let me know.

I am hosting an FZ1 event here at home that weekend.  Shame we can't be at two places at one time.  Well probably not as I couldn't afford the tire expense anyway.

Y'all behave, have fun and ride smart.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I'm in! I just finished my Eventbrite registration. I'll be there Friday and Saturday I won't be staying at the Microtel as the wife and dog are coming with me. We will be at a cabin close to Highlands that I have never stayed at before. What time should I be at the hotel in the morning to find a group to ride with? Is 28 from Highlands to Franklin best route to take to the hotel?  Looking forward to seeing everyone and some great riding.   

• Member Contributer

I would say 28 is the best route to go. Depending on the time, it may be crowded, but it’s the easiest way to go. As for time, I’d say 9 am would be a safe bet. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 3/2/2019 at 7:45 PM, zeer0 said:

I would say 28 is the best route to go. Depending on the time, it may be crowded, but it’s the easiest way to go. As for time, I’d say 9 am would be a safe bet. 

Thanks Zero, I missed last year can't wait to get there and ride some twisties.  Florida roads are so boring. 

• Member Contributer

Registered. Will be at Hotel Fri/Sat but in the area earlier - maybe doing pre-ride with Rob Power et al or if not just aimlessly riding which is never a bad thing :). Coming solo this year as i am back down a few weeks later for annual vacation riding with the wife ( have a bit more leave then she does ). 

Archived