New Canadian Member

winvfr

• Member Contributer

Win, welcome to this board! There is a ton of information and frankly the very best members of any cycling fraternity frequenting this home. Congratulations to you on the new VFR, however you've gone and spoiled yourself now for any other bike. I look around and still nothing entices me to sell - VFR's are true keepers.

Dave

• Member Contributer

Welcome Aboard! Looks like you picked a winner...or did you? Pics or it's only hear say.

• Member Contributer

Welcome! To paraphrase a line from Seinfeld..."It's real and it's amazing..." Perhaps, but we need some pics to verify...and yes, I'm still pissed about the Thrashers/Jets.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. We don't even know if it's the fastest color. But your intelligence shows.

• Member Contributer

Once you get a taste for the VFR it is VERY hard to go back to anything else. LOL.

Welcome to the last bike you may ever want to own, and WELCOME to the Discussion from another fellow Canuck.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond eh? :goofy:

Picture!

• Member Contributer

Welcome and you have landed in the right spot to find out more about your bike and help for your questions and challenges. Having been through Winnipeg many times on my VFR my only advice is get cruise control or a throttle lock if you head west and keen eyesight when you head east (deer and more police honey traps than you can ever imagine). Check out the police compounds of some of these small towns - new boats, snow mobiles, SUV's, chase cars, motorcycles (off road and on) - all the toys paid for by very aggressive speed enforcement. Just some observations.

• Member Contributer

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I've owned a lot of bikes and have been riding for a few decades but the VFR represents a lot of firsts for me... first Honda, first non-inline engine, first fuel injection, first bike with single sided swing-arm. All I can say is the bike is impressive all around.

As requested, here's a pic of the bike:

gallery_35495_7800_869753.jpg

Archived