1986 Vfr Track Bike Out Of Parts

Captain 80s

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Thing of beauty. Did the F2 mod to my  86 VFR700 back in the day. I never corrected the geometry completely like you did. I lusted after a RWB CBR900r another riding buddy had so really appreciate the body work mod you did. Brilliant work. See avitar photo for reference. I ended up selling my 86 to a friend and bought a 98 VFR800. I thought it interesting that 86 and 98 are the same numbers when you turn them upside down. 

• Member Contributer
On 12/16/2017 at 6:36 PM, Veefer800Canuck said:

That looks great. 

Will confuse plenty of people wondering what it is! 

That's what I'm hoping for!

• Member Contributer
On 12/17/2017 at 7:01 PM, VFR Capt.Bob said:

Thing of beauty. Did the F2 mod to my  86 VFR700 back in the day. I never corrected the geometry completely like you did. I lusted after a RWB CBR900r another riding buddy had so really appreciate the body work mod you did. Brilliant work. See avitar photo for reference. I ended up selling my 86 to a friend and bought a 98 VFR800. I thought it interesting that 86 and 98 are the same numbers when you turn them upside down. 

Me too regarding the 900RR.  This is the best of both worlds for me.  This thing handles like it should too, I am very pleased.  Wish I could afford the final real paint job, but I have 2 other bikes I am building right now (another 86 VFR700, custom VTR250),  rebuilding a crashed VF1000R for another rain bike, adding a Sudco 4-1 and Comstars to a 84 VF750F (eventually a 1000R upper and 41mm VF1000F forks), on top of the maintenance on the fleet.  I'm an idiot.

I have to say I feel much alike, to many projects going on same time (if only one VFR) and Limited time/funds.

On the CBR900RR, I feel much the same, after testing one -93, way to much power for keeping you diriver licens safe (even a bit so whit a stock VFR750F! )

I do like the look of it, spechally the faring (like the RC30 also), and I can clearly see why you think your build is the best of both worlds, the stunning 2 headlight top faring whit the tourgue V4 as the nice looking tail of the RC24/26. And the wheel/fork upgrade to make it handel even better (Even I might not need that?)

I have to say you have created what I mostly like to have, so I hope its OK if I might build a copy of it some day.....

:wub:

full?d=1511141402

• 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Got out for some road miles in the new livery finally.  Some nice roads along the Snohomish River.   This bike is so capable it's rediculous.  Need to dial the suspension repeating the same secluded bumpy twisty road soon.  full

• Member Contributer

RWB's remain a thing of beauty..... :beer:

Yours clearly is in the category:

"All VFR's are beautiful, but some VFRs are more beautiful than others"

-George Orwel

Here 2 regular pigs...  :tongue:

IMAG0227.thumb.jpg.ae6a0c0f268bdd34af2ca55c050cc3d5.jpg

Archived