Motogp 2016 Season....with Spoilers

Mattie660

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I might bump into Iannone during the MotoGP at Assen so will ask if I get the chance....   :-)

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Dutchy said:

I might bump into Iannone during the MotoGP at Assen so will ask if I get the chance....   :-)

I'd put more on money on Iannone bumping into you! Just saying.

• Member Contributer

You can ask him if it's all part of some kind of Mafia conspiracy... :unsure:

Btw, my wife's take on Iannone (she's Italian) is that he doesn't sound very bright when he speaks.  Could explain his not seeming to learn his lesson... 

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Click here or read below: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2016/june/motogp-motogp-boss-webb-explains-iannonelorenzo-incident/

MotoGP boss Webb explains Iannone/Lorenzo incident

With both Jorge Lorenzo and Andrea Iannone arguing over their own versions of the incident that saw the Italian spear the world championship leader out of last weekend’s race at Catalunya, MCN sat down with the man in charge, race director Mike Webb, to get his factual account of exactly what happened when the two came together.

“When I first spoke with Iannone the first thing he said was that his data showed that he braked at the normal place and that Jorge was very slow and he couldn’t avoid him – so I looked at data from both bikes.

“Actually, what it showed was that they both braked at their normal braking points. We looked at all the laps, and they both braked in a normal manner. Iannone is telling the truth, but Jorge also did nothing unusual. Quite obviously, he was having a problem with front feel – but he was doing it all race!

“Iannone made a mistake in that he arrived faster than he thought he would to Jorge – but it’s his responsibility to avoid the guy in front, hence the penalty.”

And, while Lorenzo might have been left criticising race direction for what he deemed to be an inadequate penalty for Iannone, Webb says that the punishment awarded was standard procedure.

“Jorge put his point to me and I understand what he said, but the Stewards Panel believes we made the right decision. Iannone was given a smaller grid penalty for his crash in Argentina, because it was irresponsible riding.

“Our stated procedure this year is that repeat offences will always attract a higher penalty. He admitted he made a mistake – the same excuse, the same error, so I’m sorry but the penalty is higher – and we believe that back of the grid is sufficiently high to deter him in the future.

“Jorge believes it’s not serious enough, Andrea believes it’s vastly too severe, and we’ve landed somewhere in the middle. We’re trying to strike a balance, taking into account history, severity and intention.”

• Member Contributer

Dovi took pole at Assen!

The Doctor #2!!

Good karma from the Dutchies at Assen today?

Saw Lorenzo zipping past on the back of a scooter in the paddock, heading for the clinica mobile for a check...

• Member Contributer

crazy crazy crazy weekend at Assen.........................

IMAG4215.jpg

• Member Contributer

Full of excitement...and disappointment.  :wacko:

But, congrats to all three first-time winners on that crazy day!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

IMG_0761.JPG

Ok ok, we were there on the Saturday only.....

IMG_0762.JPG

I got to get really close with this guy...

IMG_0769.JPG

Had him sign a few pictures I'd printed too...

Can you sign please???

IMG_0770.JPG

P6250152.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

start.jpg

P6250318.JPG

P6250325.JPG

P6250169.JPGP6250187.JPGP6250201.JPGP6250207.JPGP6250220.JPGP6250240.JPGP6250244.JPGP6250250.JPGP6250269.JPGP6250318.JPG

P6250345.JPGP6250348.JPG

P6250370.JPGP6250373.JPG

• Member Contributer

mamsus.jpg

mamdutch.jpg

Pictures taken by my neighbour at "De Bult"  (bottom left of circuit

circuit-Assen.jpg

• Member Contributer

Rider is Mamola

pillion picture 1 is my wife

picture #2 is yours truly :goofy:

• Member Contributer
5 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

Rider is Mamola

Sweet! :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

250kmh I had done myself prior  (at Sepang they hit 300 2-up, but de Veenslang not long enough) , but such late, hard braking and lean angles..  no....

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Rider is Mamola

Awesome!  I want to do it myself but ever since Laguna was removed, it's Europe only now. And Laguna was star only. 

• Member Contributer

Wow, cool stuff!  HOW did you arrange it?  I didn't even know the two-seater bike still existed...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I arranged nothing, we were invited by people who know we like bikes (and life is not always fair..)

And yes the bikes exist, full spec engine so ~250 horses and ~170kg for the 2 seater.  Brakes not ceramic but metal.

I was asked not to post pictures online "from inside", so I won't, not mention the "sponsor" either. 

The above 2 action shots were taken by my neighbor who knew we would be coming round.... 

Compliance by trade (still) doesnot wash off easily...

But for more images, simply google "assen 2014 Moto X2" or something; for some folks decided to post anyway in the past

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Pasta con ragu e fromaggio

Birra

GO ROSSI!!!!

IMAG4347.jpg

Archived