Picture Thread

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/01/2018 at 12:29 PM, adprom said:

I went for a ride today. First one for 2018. I like riding my VFR so it was time for a ride. A few bits of imagery that some in this thread may like.

Melbourne was mid 20s (degrees Clausius throughout this post) today. Yea (north was going to be 40. But I like the pies in Yea. I was hungry, so I went to Yea. It was at least 40 in Yea.

It was hot in Yea. That's 106 in the old scale.

6LX01MH.jpg

That's why no one was in Yea. Except for a couple of fools. Actually it didn't feel that hot, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

lYub8rc.jpg

So then I decided the Eildon-Jamison road looks good. Let's go to Jamison. 

Jamison wasn't much cooler.

McJ3So2.jpg

But my bike found some shade.

Mg1QZug.jpg

So then I went up the mountain thinking it might be cooler there. It was, a little. But the view was spectacular.

3lRDBiP.jpg

I also like my bike. A lot. So here is a photo of it at the lookout.

LRtEzK1.jpg

I did tell you that I like it a lot.

baPeUi2.jpg

I then managed to race a couple of harleys down the mountain. That was fun. The riders were pretty good too.

Then it got cooler, and I found another mountain. So I thought I would take a selfie with the mountain.

uve9kAM.jpg

Back through the Black Spur. Melbourne being typical Melbourne thought well if 40 wasn't enough before, you need some rain now. That provided some cooling at least.

OOC62Of.jpg

There weren't some bad views there either.

kbtzvxf.jpg

zuG6QIJ.jpg

iwaVBii.jpg

It was a fun ride. Did I mention it was hot?

Yay beautiful ! 2017 friend !

20171202_164605.jpg

20171014_163848.jpg

20171001_151022.jpg

20180114_160956.jpg

20171023_233252.jpg

20171014_124824.jpg

20171001_150247.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 3:29 AM, adprom said:

uve9kAM.jpg

Back through the Black Spur. Melbourne being typical Melbourne thought well if 40 wasn't enough before, you need some rain now. That provided some cooling at least.

It was a fun ride. Did I mention it was hot?

What is the device you have mounted between the handlebars?

• Member Contributer
On 2/25/2018 at 9:13 AM, VifferJ said:

factory luggage options on and off...

IMG_6159_zpsbqvqk5ac.jpg

IMG_6162_zpsikrwyq5o.jpg

IMG_6102_zps5n6cz0by.jpg

IMG_6168_zpss1la8ygo.jpg

The mounting hardware on this is quite well integrated. I do like that. What are the two round black things on the left rear fairing?

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

The mounting hardware on this is quite well integrated. I do like that. What are the two round black things on the left rear fairing?

Agreed!

Those are inputs for my heated gear to plug into, the temp control knobs are on the left mid inner panel in that same pic, works great!

• 2 months later...

Palomar Mountain - Also known as the highway to the stars.

I did a few decent runs up and down before this shot was taken.  My last real good tear on the bike before I put her away for my deployment to the pacific.

23800030_10155226335617153_706375188812720850_o12.thumb.jpg.78c86ac0c33024082b0f05b467f3d34f.jpg

And also,  her at the moment.

32454403_10204799234897619_6627128507593916416_n.jpg.21294528450d93557903508c51b67d9f.jpg

• Member Contributer

Autumn in Bright, Victoria Australia. My regular riding fix for scenery, mountains and a few twistys! Usually head there for a couple of days at a time, its 375k's from where I live.

Cheers..

IMG_6424_Low_Res.jpg

IMG_6446.JPG

• Member Contributer

First trip of the year, I'm currently making my way home, great long weekend of riding through OR, WA, ID. Watch out for the toll roads passing through WA... 😢

IMG_6527_zpsb15bbkpb.jpg

IMG_6538_zpsz6on880x.jpg

IMG_6530_zpsnmdterdn.jpg

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, VifferJ said:

First trip of the year, I'm currently making my way home, great long weekend of riding through OR, WA, ID. Watch out for the toll roads passing through WA...

IMG_6530_zpsnmdterdn.jpg

Nice photos Viffer. Weren't over stretching the throttle cable a little were you? :wheel:

:beer:

• Member Contributer

All that luggage for a long weekend!

I did 2 weeks from San Francisco to Seattle and back through the Yakima valley with a 10 & 20 Kriega tail packs

• Member Contributer

Hmmm.....  nice touring setup, 'cept for that tankbag....  🤢

Granted, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it does not look safe to me... 

(I have a couple of decades of experience with magnetic tankbags....)

She deserves better your bike, she really does... :tongue:

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Hmmm.....  nice touring setup, 'cept for that tankbag....  🤢

Granted, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it does not look safe to me... 

(I have a couple of decades of experience with magnetic tankbags....)

She deserves better your bike, she really does... :tongue:

Thanks Dutch. I'm actually really enjoying the tank bag, it's magnetic so I can put it exactly where I want, (thank you Honda for the metal tank, I hate that so many bikes now have the tank under a plastic panel), it was awesome for laying on cranking out miles across beautiful countrysides, I had a nice little pocket behind the Puig windscreen. Fits a water bottle on each side pocket, another removable pocket at the crotch for small things, and an expandable main compartment which makes a great touring pillow, and map pocket. The only downside is it's not waterproof, I sprayed it with some waterproofing and keep what's in the main compartment in a roll top waterproof bag. A tremendous value IMO for new $50 shipped, I bought 2 and use the other as a tail bag, it has 4 loops the work perfect to carabiner to the 4 loops underside the rear seat, here's a pic from last year before I had the rear trunk.

IMG_5501_zpsf7gvsk6y.jpg

Archived