Vfr800 Vs Ducati 848

klrtovfr

not technically racing but it was a pretty good match up at a trackday at road america. Rider was about equal weight so his bike was 100lbs lighter and about 15 more horsepower. I had +2 45 rear sprocket which helped quite a bit. I may even drop a tooth in front next time. I was surprised to see us129 photos there. They did an amazing job.

post-5100-0-67688400-1434101944.jpg

post-5100-0-12878000-1434101958.jpg

post-5100-0-87251400-1434101979.jpg

post-5100-0-72001100-1434102027.jpg

post-5100-0-42188500-1434102085.jpg

post-5100-0-93877000-1434102114.jpg

post-5100-0-30885000-1434102444.jpg

post-5100-0-74586900-1434102464.jpg

• Member Contributer

Sweet vid, its always better to rock up as the under dog & match or beat people with the latest hot poop :)

Not really a good comparison between the ability of the bikes, it is all about the rider........and you are a better rider than he is. On a slower, tighter track, he wouldn't be able to keep up with you. Good job! I've always wanted to ride that track.

Great footage. You seem to better coming out of the corner, his extra power gaps you a little going down the straight

• Member Contributer

Nice vid. HP is great down the straight - but cornering is where it's at. You were reeling him in on every turn. Looks like a great day at the track!

• Member Contributer

Nice!

Your in the Novice Group???

My thoughts exactly!

Nice vid.

• Member Contributer

Wow! That is fabulous! I've ridden that track (Spectator Tour laps only) and it was great to see it done properly. You were great.

So much fun to watch. Thanks.

• Member Contributer

It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it! Very Cool!

Nice!

Your in the Novice Group???

Ya. I could be in Intermediate I just need to get it safety wired. I dont mind being in the first group of Novice. I usually get a couple clean laps before catching the last group.

At the end of the video there is a 98 vfr on the left for his first track day which I was happy to see. My buddy and his girlfriend in front was riding a gsxr 750. I believe he was doing consistant 2:54 on the gsxr with mushy brakes in intermediates so I was pretty happy with a 2:56

Good job, the guy on the Duc had some bad form in a couple of turns.

Roll On ..

Yes he was definitely crossed up most of the time looking at the pictures. I was wondering how he was taking some of the turns at the same speed when I was fully hanging off in addition to near max lean angle, There must be a pretty big difference in max bike lean angle on the 848.

• Member Contributer

At the end of the video there is a 98 vfr on the left for his first track day which I was happy to see. My buddy and his girlfriend in front was riding a gsxr 750. I believe he was doing consistant 2:54 on the gsxr with mushy brakes in intermediates so I was pretty happy with a 2:56

Good job, the guy on the Duc had some bad form in a couple of turns.

Roll On ..

Yes he was definitely crossed up most of the time looking at the pictures. I was wondering how he was taking some of the turns at the same speed when I was fully hanging off in addition to near max lean angle, There must be a pretty big difference in max bike lean angle on the 848.

Oh yeah about the lean angle. Me and you have now have followed a Duc 848. At the Dragon I have followed a bunch of them, they are impressive bikes for sure. The one thing I dont like is there MPG's and I know there not supposed to be get good MPG's. I like being able to run hard and still get right at 40 mpg's but the DUC's are somewhere's around 30mpg's or less.

Roll On ..

Archived