New Vfr Owner In San Diego

01ragtop

Hello all. Just got back from the dealer a little while ago with my new (holdover) 2014 VFR Deluxe . I worked the whole deal over the phone, drove up to Huntington Beach after work, and rode the 100 miles back home. Probably passed 4 or 5 Honda dealerships on the way, but only one was letting me out the door for $12,100.

I also own a ZX7R and a HD Wideglide, but the Harley is up for sale. Mrs. 01ragtop and I have enjoyed a couple of long trips, and several day trips on it, but I am just losing interest in cruisers. We hope to enjoy some day and overnight trips on the new VFR soon.

If the VFR is as good in the canyons as I hope and hear it is, the ZX7R will go soon too.

I only have one pic so far. Me outside the dealership.

IMG_4728.jpg

• Member Contributer

Congratulations on your new bike and welcome to VFRD from across the pond :beer:

Next will be a picture from you 2-up on the bike??? :unsure:

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the forum.

Really great bike, I'm sure you'll have many happy rides with her. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Welcome Aboard! Funny, before I even read where you bought it, I recognized the dealership! Good move selling the HD, you won't need it anymore, take that money and put it into the VFR for the "touring" extras, top case, saddle bags, etc. Next ride we take down in SD area, we'll make sure to post up a notice so you know when/where you can join us!

Thanks for all the welcome notes. I can't wait to get this thing broken in so I can ride it the way it was intended to be ridden. There are a couple of twisty roads near my house, and as I rode through them tonight, I could tell this is going to be a fun motorcycle. Handling feels really light for a bike that weighs as much as it does.

Break in is going great! Rolled past 300 miles on odo a little while earlier today. Haven't really been able to open her up,but I did ease it through the Vtec transition a couple of times up in the twisties. It handles better than I expected, and even though it might not have the lean angle capability that my ZX7R has, it might be just as nimble. Going out again tomorrow with a couple of friends that ride sport bikes; should be interesting.

Last night, Mrs 01ragtop and I took it out 2up for the first time. Great news: she loves it, and stated that it was really comfortable. More great news: I am comfortable with her on board as well.

If I'm honest, I had some apprehension about buying the VFR, but this bike just keeps checking all the boxes that are important to me. I'm more excited about having it now than I was the night I bought it.

Camera and Go Pro are making the trip tomorrow, pics to follow.

Okay, Go Pro got stuck on photo instead of video, so no video until the guy behind me on the GSXR-750 uploads his video. I know you've all seen the new VFR, so I wanted to post some different pics. Let me know what you think.

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

What did the dealer charge you in prep fees? Freight is 350 according to Honda, but I'm curious what a fair price for prep fees are? I'm working on buying one as well. The dealer in Temecula has a DLX listed for 9999, but they want 1760 in prep and freight. Seems high for the prep. Thanks for your help. 12,100 OTD was a good price.

Archived