1200 Exhaust

VICARA

Hi every body, I just want to share some pics of mi exhaust pipe, I'm looking forward for other members to share pics of their cans, specially yoshimura and if some have video, I will load some video later.

post-28303-0-09453900-1416170239.jpg

post-28303-0-07796700-1416170362.jpg

post-28303-0-05955800-1416170412.jpg

post-28303-0-94495500-1416170588.jpg

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi every body, I just want to share some pics of mi exhaust pipe, I'm looking forward for other members to share pics of their cans, specially yoshimura and if some have video, I will load some video later.

what pipe is that ???

what pipe is that ???

That's a Delkevic stubby.

• Member Contributer

This is the only Yoshimura I've seen on a VFR 1200. It's a one-off made by the owner himself. I only know the bike and the exhaust have been sold. But I kept the picture...

attachicon.gifVFR 1200 YOSHIMURA BEST SHOT.JPG

That is a very good looking exhaust. Shows off the single sided swingarm/wheel nicely.

-Dan

That is a delkevic it's for a 250cbr but I modified the mid-pipe and it fit!! Wow this thing is really loud, I have been working long hours but will take a video over the weekend.

This happen while going from Texas to California, I don't know how long it took, I was tired and rest my feet on the passenger peg, but not to long.

post-28303-0-94440000-1416534419.jpg

post-28303-0-30560200-1416534535.jpg

i like the Akrapovic because it isn't loud...it is actually street legal !! it has the flapper valve in it but i didn't hook it up....i have the silencer in it and it sounds just right,...much beefier than stock, but not too loud....i work crazy hours and don't want to be waking up the neighbors all the time.....very happy with the Akro....more money than some, but it looks like it should be

This happen while going from Texas to California, I don't know how long it took, I was tired and rest my feet on the passenger peg, but not to long.

Man, you ride in a Nike sneakers? LMAO

i like the Akrapovic because it isn't loud...it is actually street legal !! it has the flapper valve in it but i didn't hook it up....i have the silencer in it and it sounds just right,...much beefier than stock, but not too loud....i work crazy hours and don't want to be waking up the neighbors all the time.....very happy with the Akro....more money than some, but it looks like it should be

+1 to that. Have Akrapovic as well. Theres no other better looking muffler for vfr1200 at his moment.

As you mentioned, this muffler comes with street legal certificate which for some in EU is a MUST to have.

For me it sounds just like a stock exhaust until you hit 6k rpm.

I love akrapovic on an R1, but I don't like how they look on the VFR... they obscure too much of the wheel, IMO.

I'd almost suggest the R1 forum standard practice of cutting down the can on most of the aftermarket stuff :P

• Member Contributer

Man, you ride in a Nike sneakers? LMAO

+1 to that. Have Akrapovic as well. Theres no other better looking muffler for vfr1200 at his moment.

As you mentioned, this muffler comes with street legal certificate which for some in EU is a MUST to have.

For me it sounds just like a stock exhaust until you hit 6k rpm.

"Theres no other better looking muffler for vfr1200 at his moment."? Matter of personal taste I suppose and for me the DAM still looks best on the 1200 and also works with the OEM luggage.

EhViffer

Matter of personal taste I suppose and for me the DAM still looks best on the 1200 and also works with the OEM luggage.

Agreed. I like brunettes :goofy:

Looks like it works with panniers but its significantly shorter then OEM and Akrapovic muffler which brings on mind

my worries about "grilling" the content inside the pannier.

Akrapovic comes with full EU approval. Does DAM comes with this as well?

http://az79640.vo.msecnd.net/akrapovicbppmultimedia/2c790a5805894281bf1c5fafdb9881e7.pdf

• Member Contributer

Matter of personal taste I suppose and for me the DAM still looks best on the 1200 and also works with the OEM luggage.

Agreed. I like brunettes :goofy:

Looks like it works with panniers but its significantly shorter then OEM and Akrapovic muffler which brings on mind

my worries about "grilling" the content inside the pannier.

http://az79640.vo.msecnd.net/akrapovicbppmultimedia/2c790a5805894281bf1c5fafdb9881e7.pdf

According to the DAM website, yes they do but they don't publish the certificate.

Cool looking factory too.

ScreenShot197_zps6bdcbfaa.jpg

And that affects looks how? lol

It's okay to have different opinions guys :)

(but for the record, I think the DAM looks better as well)

And that affects looks how? lol

It's okay to have different opinions guys :)

(but for the record, I think the DAM looks better as well)

Affects the looks? Not at all!

But I wonder what affects the forbearance tho? A fact that in EU in some countries you cant just saw your hardley pipe off

and hang a few chicks on your loud straight bad ass hollow freakin pipe, speaks for itself. And affects me and my appearance as well.

Archived