1200 Exhaust

VICARA

Why can't you? An inflated measurement does not necessarily have to be off by a standard amount?

Nothing is saying the system is reading a specific number higher (10hp, say), it could be a percentage higher, in which case the "error" is proportional to the power applied (10% error at 150hp is 165hp, 10% at 175hp is 192.5.5hp)

I'm not saying I'm an expert on someone else's dyno, but there are many different ways error can be introduced into a system.

What I will say is it is unlikely you got 9hp from a slipon.

Either way, if all you're interested in is a higher number on paper, go with whichever machine reads highest :)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, lets say we have to take off 10% for error... 152-10% =136 rwhp 160.8-10%=144Hp... what is the result??

and as i said before, these are numbers what i dont really feel, biggest difference is in 1.2.3 -6000tr

• Member Contributer

First of all, I am not calling you a liar, but 160bhp at the wheel with a standard exhaust system, is just not possible, sorry. If you could see the restriction in the standard silencer, baffles etc, and the smaller dia pipe going into the silencer, which is welded onto it, then you have the cat, which is a big restriction, regardless of what you have been told. Put your bike onto another dyno, then come back with the results, you never know, you might have a one off VFR1200, but I very much daunt that, you can expect a maximum of 3 to 4 bhp difference, between all VFR1200's, at the back wheel. Which is between 148 to 152 bhp.

First of all, I am not calling you a liar, but 160bhp at the wheel with a standard exhaust system, is just not possible, sorry. If you could see the restriction in the standard silencer, baffles etc, and the smaller dia pipe going into the silencer, which is welded onto it, then you have the cat, which is a big restriction, regardless of what you have been told. Put your bike onto another dyno, then come back with the results, you never know, you might have a one off VFR1200, but I very much daunt that, you can expect a maximum of 3 to 4 bhp difference, between all VFR1200's, at the back wheel. Which is between 148 to 152 bhp.

How do you thik Honda rated power with this motorcycle? Seems the Japaneese manufacters use JIS - Japanese Standards Institute which is the same as ISO.

I bealive the dynometer he used was also ISO. The usual loss of a drivtrain is expected to be 15%. Simple math and you have 146. Do you think hes first run was also to high?

Honda claim 170bhp at the crank, - 12% loss through transmission etc, gives you 149.6bhp at the wheel.

127kW (173HP) at 10.000rpm - DIN to be precisely.

Because 4th gear on the vfr1200 isn't restricted unless youre in one of the 100hp countries. Also almost all tuners use 4th gear for tuning as its the most accurate.

Because 4th gear on the vfr1200 isn't restricted unless youre in one of the 100hp countries. Also almost all tuners use 4th gear for tuning as its the most accurate.

3rd, 4th and 5th - are not restricted.

Also almost all tuners use 4th gear for tuning as its the most accurate - wrong. They use the gear which is close to 1:1 ratio. 4th gear ratio - 1,16, 5th gear ratio 1,032.

Thats why 5th should be used.

• Member Contributer

Satariel666, personally I think 15% loss through the drive train, is a little high with modern oil's and the tolerances being a lot tighter than they use to be, needless to say that you can now with modern lubricants. Anyway you are correct offcourse if you detract 15% from the crank, I was trying to be kind. I just don't understand where the 160bhp comes from, whether the operator was using 4th gear or 5th gear. As far as I understand it the restrictions were lifted in 1st 2nd and in some cases 3rd gear, so I can't see where the re-flash would of made a difference in 4th or 5th gear. But that still does not answer the 160bhp at the wheel. Here in the UK, some standard bikes have read as little as 145bhp, but not many, we use DIN in the UK and most are within 4 bhp difference, average 150bhp at the wheel.

No one mentioned that before and it is something which should be mentioned. In EU we can expect the higher numbers then the same motorcycles in US.

Stop comparing US and EU numbers becouse they shall and they are different of a lot.

• Member Contributer

After the ECU has been done by Don is has an racing mapping.

It's nowhere near the original EU of US numbers.

Whereas Belgium has 173HP, Germany 164HP and the UK 170HP.

The bikes are not the same everywhere in the EU, the thing is that the EU itself gives max values on sound and CO2, but the different states can use more strickt laws.

As such the numbers do vary a lot.

What Don does is something compleetly different, he turns the ECU into a racing-ECU, as such the bike becomes a much higher HP and torck and more cooling,

After Don tinkered with it, you can compare the tinkered bilkes when the EU-bottles in the airbox are removed, the valve-pairing is killed and the exhaust flap is opened permanently (or if you have the same hardware).

When all that is done the bikes can be compared as they should be the same when the same parameters are programmed.

Comparing stock bikes is useless as Don doesn't make it a full-power-stock thinggy but an optimised racing ECU. (if you asked for that)

And sorry, a PCV can not remove the different country restrictions, Don does. (if you ask for it)

I've got a 2010 with a K&N filter and a arrow slip on. Needs to be tune but I'm happy with the gain over stock

147 at the wheel

Goto Don with your ECU and you easily reach 160HP or more at the wheel, meaning 190HP crank.

There is no way to overcome the limitations Honda set without getting a racing-ECU (if Honda sells them, they do/did for the CBR1000RR) or Don turns it into that.

Archived