1200 Exhaust

VICARA

5th gear is speed limited to 155... So yes 5th gear is limited as well. 4th gear is the only unlimited gear.

Correction, fifth gear redlines at 155 and 10,000 RPMs, but a soft limiter steps in at 148mph and starts closing the throttle plates.

Bealive me or not but Im also suprised. I really dont care about his max power but Im about his gain.As we all know dynometer differs.

For exampe German Motorrad magazine, rear wheel horspower...

MRD_VT-Honda-VFR_5_2010_%24%7B10262378%7

107 PS equals 105.5 HP which is ridiculous for a vfr800....

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

The Belgian VFR800Fi 2000 does 115HP, and I can assure you, it's fast, the new models are crap.

However, after a Guhl Racing-Flash the 1200 does a nice 160WHP (190CHP) with standard exhaust (flap open, servo removed).

It will pass 180 without problems (theoretical, so far I know nobody that dared to get there), we know from dynoruns it will do it.

You can not compare the Guhl-Racing-ECU to a default-Honda-ECU.

And dude. PS is the same as HP :cool:

• Member Contributer

I hope everyone who replaced their exhaust with an aftermarket slip on took the time to start their motorcycle while the exhaust was off. What a glorious sound.

5th gear is speed limited to 155... So yes 5th gear is limited as well. 4th gear is the only unlimited gear.

Sorry but I must say this - you have completely no idea what are you talking about.

First of all 5th gear has no speed limit, 6th does - pls stop, this is bullshit.

107 PS is a German rated DIN horsepower and the chart shows 2014 VFR800...which is chain driven and with a new chain

you can expect the losses around 3-5% so its not ridiculous at all.

And again, EU has different fuel, different norms, different emissions thus different ECU soft.

Even the horsepower has the different meaning and rules for taking a measurements are different.

You cant compare them!

Few more hints for you my friend, in a case you will accuse me of trolling on you only:

Measuring the power output with the gear which has factor .16 more then 1:1 ratio will actually increase measuring power

thus it can not be reliable. To say this straight when you are using the 4th gear you need to minus 16% from the result,

when 5th only 3%. But since the gear ratio increase is not linear but resultant you cant just plus and minus few %.

He measured his power after removing ALL the limitations so 4th gear should be used no matter which imaginations you have here.

PS is not the same as HP.

Difference between SAE and DIN horsepower was mentioned in this very same thread before. Anyways you noticed, which is good because some do not.

It meas the same, one is English second is German abbreviation. HorsePower and PferdeStärke. However they do not equal with math.

Pls read here:

http://ateupwithmotor.com/terms-technology-definitions/din-horsepower/

• Member Contributer

We are both right.

We use Din(Metric)HP = PS (german) = PK (dutch), all the same word meaning horsepower.

But the English use Imperial HP and that is a different value.

However, entire Europe is standardized on Din-HP as secondary value to KW, except for the UK.

PS translates as HP, and PK (paardenkracht) also.

Japan also uses HP as we do and mean metric.

Sadly nobody knows where to use what, so KW is a better way of putting it, but then again, nobody used that :beer:

In Europe HP means the same, except for the UK :wacko:

We are both right....

You are probably right, we all should use the kilowatts instead arguing whom HP is better, meaner and faster.

No wonder all vehicle manufacturers use kW as the first value.

Hi to all, new to the forum, new bike (no.19) with a new exhaust. Trying to add pics.

Steve

Have seen this muffler on ebay along scorpions, arrows and other. Any chance for a sound clip?
BTW, you forgot to blur your license on the last pic :fing02:

Thanks for that. :blush: Will try for a sound clip. Would add it came with a cone shaped baffle which I left out, too loud I think. Put it in tomorrow.

Steve

cd629f64-4818-4af4-bff3-54e6411a15ca.jpg

• Member Contributer

Thanks for that. :blush: Will try for a sound clip. Would add it came with a cone shaped baffle which I left out, too loud I think. Put it in tomorrow.

Steve

cd629f64-4818-4af4-bff3-54e6411a15ca.jpg

That does look very nice.

• Member Contributer

Yes Skids I am pleased. Purchased from the UK sent to Australia in 6 days and great price.

The people were great to deal with, unreal service.

Steve

Not heard of GPR before but they have some gorgeous looking pipes for both 6th & 7th Gen.

Are you happy with the product? Quality? Sound? How does it affect engine performance?

Sorry but I must say this - you have completely no idea what are you talking about.

First of all 5th gear has no speed limit, 6th does - pls stop, this is bullshit.

107 PS is a German rated DIN horsepower and the chart shows 2014 VFR800...which is chain driven and with a new chain

you can expect the losses around 3-5% so its not ridiculous at all.

And again, EU has different fuel, different norms, different emissions thus different ECU soft.

Even the horsepower has the different meaning and rules for taking a measurements are different.

You cant compare them!

Few more hints for you my friend, in a case you will accuse me of trolling on you only:

Measuring the power output with the gear which has factor .16 more then 1:1 ratio will actually increase measuring power

thus it can not be reliable. To say this straight when you are using the 4th gear you need to minus 16% from the result,

when 5th only 3%. But since the gear ratio increase is not linear but resultant you cant just plus and minus few %.

He measured his power after removing ALL the limitations so 4th gear should be used no matter which imaginations you have here.

PS is not the same as HP.

Difference between SAE and DIN horsepower was mentioned in this very same thread before. Anyways you noticed, which is good because some do not.

It meas the same, one is English second is German abbreviation. HorsePower and PferdeStärke. However they do not equal with math.

Pls read here:

http://ateupwithmotor.com/terms-technology-definitions/din-horsepower/

Wow you're mad huh?

• Member Contributer

Are you both talking different bikes? US 1200 vs Euro 1200? Are there some differences; fuel, ECU???

Either way.....surely we can disagree without resorting to name calling or slagging off?

Yeah I know right?? He got really upset and called me names and hurt my feels :(

But anyways I would love to see any vfr800, fifth or sixth gen, rated at 115hp by Honda; because that would be news to me lol.

I'm not upset Candy Boy. I'm surprised how stubborn and uneducated you are?

Ok, lets assume I'm stupid here so lets educate together!Weeeeee, gotta make the world better!

Using some math, I know that may be to much for you Candy Boy but Ill give a try anyway:

Honda VFR1200 - according to all gearing ratios at 10k RPM using the 5th gear, you will hit 155MPH. I will not ask how do you want

to ride faster because its clearly a problem to you. Or maybe you have a rpm limiter set around 13k -I would not be surprised if you don't know.

The fact DynaJohn mentioned a power starting to fall around 148mph is a FACT you are hitting the soft rev limiter which works just

before hard limiter which in this particular bike is set at 10300rpm. This simply means there's no any limiter there besides the REV limiter.

More to say even, the peak power of this engine is located around 9700rpm so around 149 mph using the 5th gear.

So why the freaking hell the power starts to drop at 148mph using the 5th gear? BECOUSE IT SUPOSE TO.

I shall not discuss this with you anymore because I might start telling you the words I would like not to use here.

Take care.

If we're talking different ratings like din hp versus sae hp, I'll go with it.

But I am sticking to what I said, nothing is special about the Belgian or any other random euro country vfr800fi. The 49 state US VFR800fi had just as much power as any other vfr800fi. Yes our California models were down on power slightly due to milder cams, but the 49 state models were making as much power as any other factory vfr800fi out there.

Honda didn't go out of their way to make special one off custom race cams for the Belgian bikes and then stick the rest of the world with softer cam timing, lol but that is funny though...

"Yes honda could I order one set of your Belgian race cams and race ECU please? thanks!"

I'm not upset Candy Boy. I'm surprised how stubborn and not educated you are?

Ok, lets assume I'm stupid here so lets educate together!Weeeeee, gotta make the world better!

Using some math, I know that may be to much for you Candy Boy but Ill give a try anyway:

Honda VFR1200 - according to all gearing ratios at 10k RPM using the 5th gear, you will hit 155MPH. I will not ask how do you want

to ride faster because its clearly a problem to you. Or maybe you have a rpm limiter set around 13k -I would not be surprised if you don't know.

The fact DynaJohn mentioned a power starting to fall around 148mph is a FACT you are hitting the soft rev limiter which works just

before hard limiter which in this particular bike is set at 10300rpm. This simply means there's no any limiter there besides the REV limiter.

More to say even, the peak power of this engine is located around 9700rpm so around 149 mph using the 5th gear.

So why the freaking hell the power starts to drop at 148mph using the 5th gear? BECOUSE IT SUPOSE TO.

I shall not discuss this with you anymore because I might start telling you the words I would like not to use here.

Take care.

Wow you're still really upset? Lol

Oh and you mean "uneducated*" not "not educated" ;)

Is there a soft limiter that steps in early in fourth gear? Because I would like to see the soft limiter in fourth gear to prove your point that you are getting all worked up and upset over... :)

Are you both talking different bikes? US 1200 vs Euro 1200? Are there some differences; fuel, ECU???

Either way.....surely we can disagree without resorting to name calling or slagging off?

Hes clearly trolling here. I believe a moderator should chime in. Don`t feed the troll.

Answering you question about ECU. Yes, they differ a lot. First able we have a higher octane fuel here and by this a different ECU

soft, different emission regulations so, again different software. Its not the first time we have higher numbers in EU.

Also DIN regulations about measuring the power are more restricted. You can expect a few HP+ with every vehicle in EU.

• Member Contributer

Yeah I know right?? He got really upset and called me names and hurt my feels :(

But anyways I would love to see any vfr800, fifth or sixth gen, rated at 115hp by Honda; because that would be news to me lol.

My 5th gen 800 is rated by Honda at 78KW = 106.158 Din-HP/PK/PS, it's not that hard to tune it to 115HP.

My DAM exhaust is enough to do it.

My 5th gen 800 is rated by Honda at 78KW = 106.158 Din-HP/PK/PS, it's not that hard to tune it to 115HP.

Yes exactly my point. The vfr800fi is rated at 106, not 115. But no sorry you are not going to get 9 horse power from a slip on lol.

Hes clearly trolling here. I believe a moderator should chime in. Don`t feed the troll.

Answering you question about ECU. Yes, they differ a lot. First able we have a higher octane fuel here and by this a different ECU

soft, different emission regulations so, again different software. Its not the first time we have higher numbers in EU.

Also DIN regulations about measuring the power are more restricted. You can expect a few HP+ with every vehicle in EU.

Lol I'm trolling because you are really upset that you can not make a valid point or have an intellectual discussion like an adult, with out loosing your temper and throwing a fit? Lol okay bud :P

If you knew anything at all about the US or Euro VFR800's factory tuning, you would know that there is zero ignition/fuel/throttle restrictions at peak horse power. If you had done any ignition tuning to a vfr800 whatsoever you would know that this. But you have not, so you are just speaking from hearsay and not from any actual real life experience.

All power to be gained with fuel and ignition tuning to a vfr800 is in part throttle and midrange. The peak power of a vfr800 is restricted from hardware, I.e. mild camshafts, intake, exhaust, porting, throttle bodies, not in tuning. Now if you can show me how a physical Belgian part like a camshaft that is more aggressive or that the cams were degreed more aggressively on Belgian models etc than a 49state us model, I will take your word for it.

The chart I have uploaded before had 107HP rear wheel clearly posted its a 2014 vfr800.

The chart I have uploaded before had 107HP rear wheel clearly posted its a 2014 vfr800.
That is simply just variances in one dyno to another and different HP rating systems from one country to another. Sorry the euro 2014 vfr does have any more power than the us version.

0c8fabfacf5383a1b5f866d8741c31dd.jpg

This is a full race ignition map making ignition advance changes on top of a standard us vfr800 map. Notice how no timing is being added at the vfr800 horsepower peak....

ee8cefa2603c65320c1f78cde10a6998.jpg

9fd63b46efac71927c0fc148dbfb5840.jpg

Archived