1200 Exhaust

VICARA

I also think DAM is the best looking exhaust and I'm getting the side panniers so I'm getting new pipe soon as an excuse that delkevic was only $40.00 at local Craigslist and gives me time for the long waiting time to get the DAM and if I didn't want the panniers I really like this cheap fix.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone knows wht pipe gives best engine results??? if i look i see i can find pipes from 300till 1000€... what is the effect in Hp of those pipes iff i m not wrong akra gives +13Hp... other pipes +-9a10 Hp, is this proven?

No slipon is going to give you anywhere near 13hp.

Akra gives 4kw aka 5.3hp (http://www.akrapovic.com/#!/motorcycle/product/road/311?brandId=30&modelId=139&yearId=618)

Two Bros is 5.02hp (http://www.twobros.com/sku/005-28704/exhaust/Hon-VFR1200_SO_10.html)

a FULL system might give you 10-15hp, but no slipon will.

• Member Contributer

After market slip-on, will give you around 5 bhp, the removal of the cat, will give you approx. 10 bhp. The Honda Headers are very good, no need for a full aftermarket exhaust system. Remove the cat and use either the Akropovic LeoVince, 2 brothers or similar, the longer the slip-on, the better. Then get a map tailor made to suit, on a dyno, with either a PCV, or a Bazzaz fueling modual. I have since done 6 VFR1200's, and on average they have gained 18bhp, and the torque is up to around 95-96 lbsft.

Dyno my bike original. got 152rwp+15% seems pretty close to specs of the bike original. Now after flash with knn filter else no mods. I got 160.8. You can discuss the accuracy off the bench but aldo i i gaind 9hp...or am i wrong

Hey ho, if that's what you believe, that's fine, so with the mods on average 18bhp, = 178bhp at the rear wheel, No chance.

I've seen something like this happened before. It depends how the engine was brake-in.

Must also admit hes result seems to be "too lucky".

Are all 10 of these runs done on the same dyno machine? If so, there's your answer. Not all dyno's return the same results. Go have a run done on a different brand of machine, I bet the numbers are different.

Altitude, humidity, air density, temperature. All have a factor in dyno runs. Also some synod run differently. Mustang dynos run consistently lower than others. We are not calling you a liar, we are saying that your numbers are off somehow.

The problem is he did the run before with the good and resonable result. Then he used the same dyno and got what he got. I would not discreditate him completely folks...

Hes numbers may be HIGH but the increase can not be questioned. He gained the 8-9HP but was it 140 or 150 stock we shall never know.

Seems like all the driveshafts generate averagely 15% of drivetrain loss. 150HP on average, is what every bike test or magazine got during the test.

Again, hes first result seems to be ok since everyone else have had the same.

Seems resonable when you do a simple math. 115% from 150HP gives 172,5 as the crank result so getting the 180 crank power after just a reflash

works for me and , I supose for everyone else. The fact the other got 8hp even more after removig the cat seems also resonalbe.

Maybe 170 wheel is an absolotely max power which you can get using the stock injectors, stock intake assembly and stock headers?

Maybe those of you who reached the 167 will never go further with stock components?

technically i belive the flash alone should not make any power in fourth gear, which is the gear you are supposed to be in for dyno tuning....

Why the 4th?

Archived