Came Across This.....

• Member Contributer

.....in my local accessories shop. VFR750, though I'm not sure of the model.

Thought you guys might like to see something a little different.

IMAG01161_zps0b3052aa.jpg

IMAG01171_zps333af715.jpg

IMAG01191_zpsd6ad4db9.jpg

IMAG01201_zps1365f355.jpg

• Member Contributer

Someone posted that a week or so ago... I still like it. :)

Really? Can you link to it please?

• Member Contributer

One of these would have been a bit more "in theme" no?

HPIM6006.jpg

:unsure::goofy:

(it fell of a Daihatsu....)

• Member Contributer

That's a very interesting website there, me old mukka! And it links to this place too....Spirit of the Seventies - some gorgeous bikes. :beer:

As for your new exhaust..... :wub2: lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Personally, I think it's crap.

The guy apparently spent about £10k getting it like that as well. Which for a subframe and café racer seat, a bit of paint, some jerry cans, some tyres and some lights from a mini metro is a ridiculous outlay. It was on Ebay for months at around £8k, it then dropped to £5k and it then went up for sale with someone else, meaning it likely sold for more like £2k.

Each to their own, but without doubt, the biggest waste of money I've ever seen.

*prepares for flaming*

Well if build from a good bike, yes, I agree whit you Johnlondon, but if built from a worn bike/damaged, why not

If I remember rightly, it was just his commuter. I just think it's obscene money to spend on a bike that (to us) is great but (in reality) is just a decent all rounder with a particularly strong engine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

To each their own. :cool:

Stark reminder that you'll rarely get back all the effort you put into your bike.

As for the concept, it reminds me of how I got me and my 4th gen got towed out of a really rocky fire road using a buddy tow strap tied (footpeg to opposing footpeg) to my friend's Ducati Terra Mostro. Yeah, a Monster pulled almost 750 lbs worth of bike, me 'n gear a mile through dirt and rock. Awesome.

It's well built but not my cuppa. He missed an important trick: It's possible to route the rear brake line through the swingarm and eliminate the 2 dodgy support rods. Very common mod on NT650/Bros.

• Member Contributer

Everyone is right. Great concept, flaming waste of money, V4 African, etc. Similar in a way to what Yamaha was promoting with their Faster Sons builds.

Without those two white stripes on the tail it wouldn't have caught my eye - details are everything.

- what a waste of an 8-spoke though....

I love it. As long as you build it for yourself rather than as an investment, good for him/her. Even better for the new owner who got it for 1/2 price.

One of my all-time favorites:

22558714356_38f7971fc4_b.jpg

Archived