Official Rapid Bike Race Group Buy!

CandyRedRC46

Question

Hey guys,

One of the best shops in my home town Orlando, just became the official Dimsport Rapid Bike dealer of North America. I stopped by the other day to check out the shop and inquire about tuning my Rapid Bike 2 and other general moto talk. I showed the owner my bike and everything that that I have done to it. I told him about my quarter mile times and that there are many other people that would love to have rapid bike products on their vfr800's as well, but there is nothing available for us...

So he got in contact with dimsport and they said all we need is 10 people to put down a deposit on just the harness and they will release the Evo and Race modules for VFR800 use!!!!

Guys this is VERY VERY powerful technology! The Evo module is fully capable of auto tuning the fuel map with the factory o2 sensors. The race module is capable of doing this as well plus it has the ability to tune the ignition timing as well.

I will be first to put down a deposit so we just need 9 more people in line and we can make this happen!!!

I will post more information on actual pricing and all of the features of the Dimsport Rapid Bike Race and Evo modules later on tonight!

Thanks for your time guys! Let's make this happen!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.dimsport.com/rapidbike/

• Answers 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More than likely all hardware will be the same, firmware will be the same and it will just need different mapping. If any one wants to come to Orlando we can try it out.

You guys better not bail out on the rapid bikes if two brothers does a rerelease!!! lol

• Member Contributer

Here is the cumulation of all of our hard work and efforts. We did it!

http://rapidbike.us/products/2002-2009-vfr800-special-project

Is this link where we need to purchase the harness? It isn't through Cycle Pro? Please let me know so I can get a harness and start figuring out how to make it work on a 5th gen!

• Member Contributer

As a side note of how well everyone pulled together for this race parts group buy. You guys should look into talking to two brothers racing to see how many people it would take to get them to release another 5th/6th/8th generation VFR800 header. I won't need one at the moment as I scored a used one last year, but I will help support it. With the release of the 8th gen, two brothers racing should highly consider it, especially after reading through this current thread and motivation for vfr800 race parts!

Hmmmmm... :comp13: -

Here is the cumulation of all of our hard work and efforts. We did it!

http://rapidbike.us/products/2002-2009-vfr800-special-project

Is this link where we need to purchase the harness? It isn't through Cycle Pro? Please let me know so I can get a harness and start figuring out how to make it work on a 5th gen!

Yes this is where you need to purchase the harness, and yes this is Cycle Pro's web page.

Awesome, tried to put an order but the shipping threw a spanner in the works! :goofy:

I'll send them an email.

Thanks for the effort CandyRedRC46, great stuff! :beer:

• Member Contributer

I had the same issue with a New Zealand address but I'm lucky NZ Post have a re-shipping service based in Portland OR, so I used that and my order is in.

Got me confirmation email so can't wait.

Phil

• Member Contributer

Ordered the harness, woohoo!!! Let's get this rolling!

Now... anyone who has a 5th gen and is running a PowerCommander 5 please let me know what, if anything, has to be done to use the 6th gen unit. The RapidBike harness, similar to the PC5, is only made for the VFR800 VTEC and I'm assuming that any adjustments or modifications that will be needed will be similar also...

I found one PC5 5th gen thread but the OP switched back to his PC3 after not having success with the PC5. I will be using an early 5th gen '99 engine and wiring harness with no O2 sensors and a 5.5 gen Y2K with the O2 sensor harness... any advice, insights or links would be appreciated. Thanks...

EDIT: OK, I found another thread where VFRBenny posted up his 5th gen Y2K map with a PC5 and autotune... apparently, no issues with using a VTEC PC5 on a 5th gen... fingers crossed that this will work.

Yeah Yaman just told me, he forgot to set up the international shipping. But he will have it set up tomorrow. Also by the way, shipping will be free for all of those with in the US.

• Member Contributer

Just ordered mine! Cannot wait to get this installed. :biggrin:

I placed my order last night. It went through fine. If any one is still having difficulty with this I urge you to email or call cycle pro directly, as he can easily set you up with a paypal invoice.

That should be almost everyone. I'll go through it in a couple hours and figure out who is still left, then send out pm's accordingly.

Thanks a bunch guys!

Definitely interested but funds and the release date will make it a winter project. Then hopefully there will be some reviews, maybe someone will even make a custom map and ignition curve to put it up here like cozye map

I should have all of that handled by October, of course my map will be specific to my mods, but I will still do a review, install and release my maps to the public.

Just got home and tried again at 3:00 am; however, the system will not process international shipping. Will have to call Yaman in the morning and see how he wants to process the payment - then hopefully he can get international shipping fixed.

Okay got ya. Yaman is probably going to want to go through paypal. He can give you an invoice through paypal as well.

For anyone that is buying international, you are going to want to contact Yaman directly here:

http://rapidbike.us/contact

and then set up a pay pal invoice. I have heard back from mohawk too, so the only one left is Jiander.

Thanks for your help guys!

• Member Contributer

Im interested aswell, just wondering about the price of the race module as it is not listed on the vfr800 special project page.

I know you mentioned $5xx earlier but the cbr's are $895.

$530 for the module and $175 for the harness. Yaman is really helping us out on this group buy to speed up production.

Hey guys, Late to the game here, but I'm very interested as well. Enough to take the plunge on the cost for the harness.

CandyRed is it better to go through you, or should we use the link on their website now?

I don't want to miss out on the better module price that may not be the same if I go through the website...

Thanks!

Archived