Official Rapid Bike Race Group Buy!

CandyRedRC46

Question

Hey guys,

One of the best shops in my home town Orlando, just became the official Dimsport Rapid Bike dealer of North America. I stopped by the other day to check out the shop and inquire about tuning my Rapid Bike 2 and other general moto talk. I showed the owner my bike and everything that that I have done to it. I told him about my quarter mile times and that there are many other people that would love to have rapid bike products on their vfr800's as well, but there is nothing available for us...

So he got in contact with dimsport and they said all we need is 10 people to put down a deposit on just the harness and they will release the Evo and Race modules for VFR800 use!!!!

Guys this is VERY VERY powerful technology! The Evo module is fully capable of auto tuning the fuel map with the factory o2 sensors. The race module is capable of doing this as well plus it has the ability to tune the ignition timing as well.

I will be first to put down a deposit so we just need 9 more people in line and we can make this happen!!!

I will post more information on actual pricing and all of the features of the Dimsport Rapid Bike Race and Evo modules later on tonight!

Thanks for your time guys! Let's make this happen!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.dimsport.com/rapidbike/

• Answers 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading through this thread and the links...I'm in!

Excelent! Thank you RRM!!

Confirmed

1. CandyRedRC46

2. HighSideNZ

3. MVinOZ

4. Rush2112

5. CornerCarver

6. Mohawk

7. RRM

Possibly Interested?

8. carlgustav

9. Keef

10. HumalogAddict

11. Grayv3

12. Gll429

13. Pnut1236

14. Arrrghhh

15. Mspence82

Probably me too...

So I will put you on the Interested list?

Confirmed

1. CandyRedRC46

2. HighSideNZ

3. MVinOZ

4. Rush2112

5. CornerCarver

6. Mohawk

7. RRM

Possibly Interested?

8. carlgustav

9. Keef

10. HumalogAddict

11. Grayv3

12. Gll429

13. Pnut1236

14. Arrrghhh

15. Mspence82

16. soloii

• Member Contributer

This is looking better and better as a product after reading through all the info. I really want one but it is a lot of coin, especially with the crappy US/CAN exchange rate right now. I'm still on the fence but will give you a more definite answer in a few days.

i'm out.

Cant justify buying a cable when i cant afford the unit itself.

Besides, i already have a new headlight to fit, COP setup to wire, suspension to do.. I'll have to make do with my PC3 for a while.

• Member Contributer

If this company is so big in Europe why do they need ten of us? The VFR is huge over there, outselling NA by many times. I am interested though.

If this company is so big in Europe why do they need ten of us? The VFR is huge over there, outselling NA by many times. I am interested though.

Because the VFR is not a race bike, so unless we ask for it, they will not build it.

So here is our current list. we just have two more to go!!!

Confirmed

1. CandyRedRC46

2. HighSideNZ

3. MVinOZ

4. Rush2112

5. CornerCarver

6. Mohawk

7. RRM

8. jiander

Possibly Interested?

9. carlgustav

10. HumalogAddict

11. Grayv3

12. Gll429

13. Pnut1236

14. Arrrghhh

15. Mspence82

16. soloii

The VFR800 (cept the crosstourer) is not on their official list, so that is why they need 10?

http://www.dimsport.com/admin/images/rapidbike/HONDA.pdf

s

Wait Dimsport makes the Evo for the Cross runner already?! huh.... That should speed up production quite a bit lol!

I am letting Cycle Pro know this right now to see if this changes anything.

Here this is the install of the older gen Rapid Bike RB2 I did a year and a half ago:

Please read through the whole thing. The Rapid Bike Racing will be very similar, but it additionally taps in to your factory o2 sensor's, has individual map by gear, has dual mapping map switch capability (for pump gas vs race gas, all motor vs nitrous, fuel economy vs power, pit lane limiter or launch control or increased rev limit etc.....) and it has an 18 different shift cut time capability for shift cut by gear and rev range.

• Member Contributer

Yes you are 100% correct

Ok, then I'm in ...

ACE

So here is our current list. we just have one more to go!!!

Confirmed

1. CandyRedRC46

2. HighSideNZ

3. MVinOZ

4. Rush2112

5. CornerCarver

6. Mohawk

7. RRM

8. jiander

9. carlgustav

Possibly Interested?

10. HumalogAddict

11. Grayv3

12. Gll429

13. Pnut1236

14. Arrrghhh

15. Mspence82

16. soloii

Looks like we did it! That's all ten! So on Monday I will get a hold of Yaman at Cycle Pro and tell him that we are ready to put the deposits down and I will see how he wants to handle it.

Confirmed

1. CandyRedRC46

2. HighSideNZ

3. MVinOZ

4. Rush2112

5. CornerCarver

6. Mohawk

7. RRM

8. jiander

9. carlgustav

10. Badelman

Possibly Interested?

11. HumalogAddict

12. Grayv3

13. Gll429

14. Pnut1236

15. Arrrghhh

16. Mspence82

17. soloii

• Member Contributer

Good on everyone.

This is what makes VFRD such a great forum.

Like minded people for a single cause.

Phil

Count me in in too. Interested in EVO - have no intention on racing but unsure which "box" to buy yet - new to this stuff but was considering a PC5 - this sounds better.

Bob

Confirmed

1. CandyRedRC46

2. HighSideNZ

3. MVinOZ

4. Rush2112

5. CornerCarver

6. Mohawk

7. RRM

8. jiander

9. carlgustav

10. Badelman

11. Quest

Possibly Interested?

12. HumalogAddict

13. Grayv3

14. Gll429

15. Pnut1236

16. Arrrghhh

17. Mspence82

18. soloii

Okay everyone looks like we did it, with room to spare!!! I will be heading over to Cycle Pro in a couple hours to talk to Yaman and see how he would like to collect the deposits. I will then PM each of you personally with payment directions.

Thank you everyone so much for making this happen!!!

Okay update. I just talked to Yaman on the phone. He has been following this thread closely and was absolutely blown away by the response of the VFRD community. He is requesting Dimsport to create the new VFR800 Rapid Bike Racing/Evo harness part number now. As soon as a part number is released for the new harness he will create a VFR800 harness purchase option on his page.

Dimsport will begin the process of designing and manufacturing our harnesses shortly and we should have an expected delivery date of mid September.

As soon as Cycle Pro's page is updated I will let everyone know.

Again everyone thank you so much for pulling through!!!

• Member Contributer

NO THANK YOU!! Candy, rookie questions I know.. but I took a good amount of suggestion from you and am in the process of putting it all together. NOW... we have this crazy opportunity on top of all of the previous. Here is what I plan to do -step by step- and some products listed (note.. no new exhaust yet). Please tell me if I should omit any of this in order to work with the new module, change it OR leave it AS IS????

1. Remove the whole pair system and Buy block off plates (install them)

2. Next remove the evaporation/charcoal canister and plug up the associated vacuum lines.
-Not sure whats best to plug up the associated vacuum lines.. Any suggestions??
3. Then remove the flapper
4. Remove the snorkel.
5. Get o2 eliminators and remove the o2 sensors.
Thanks again!

Looks good except for number five. The Rapid Bike Evo and Racing are both capable of narrow band o2 sensor tuning. So you want to leave the o2 sensors in place. For the mean time you can do the 330 ohm o2 sensor deletes until you instal the rapid bike. But do not discard the factory o2 sensors, you will need them.

Also look into doing a brake delink and f4i fork swap. And a light weight battery should drop a lot of weight.

As a side note of how well everyone pulled together for this race parts group buy. You guys should look into talking to two brothers racing to see how many people it would take to get them to release another 5th/6th/8th generation VFR800 header. I won't need one at the moment as I scored a used one last year, but I will help support it. With the release of the 8th gen, two brothers racing should highly consider it, especially after reading through this current thread and motivation for vfr800 race parts!

• Member Contributer

Awesome news :) This also gives me a little more time to decide but I'm pretty sure it will be a yes for me.

Thanks for setting this all up!

• Member Contributer

... look into talking to two brothers racing to see how many people it would take to get them to release another 5th/6th/8th generation VFR800 header. ... two brothers racing should highly consider it, especially after reading through this current thread and motivation for vfr800 race parts!

I filled out TBRs online contact form requesting info and a response on re-releasing the 5th gen race headers since they will fit 13+ years of VFR800s... I mentioned how quickly this thread generated interest in the Rapid Bike modules... I will post up if they respond...

how do you do a fingers crossed emoticon?

EDIT: Re-releasing TBR exhaust potential group buy

• Member Contributer

OK, I'm in.

(Quick question: does the module plug into the ECU or piggy back from the injectors? If it's from the ECU, different harness would be required outside the US. Not a problem for me, but something to keep in mind)

Here you go, this is all the information there is on all of the current Rapid Bike technology.

attachicon.gifRB DOC 2014 (1).pdfattachicon.gifRB Product Info (Good).pdf

Thank you. Looks like it plugs into the injector & ECU harness.

One more quick thing, are they aware the ECU & ECU plug type changed after '05? I would assume so, but better to be safe than sorry.

I'm assuming the pre '06 plugs are the ones that work with the 5th gens?!? anybody with a 5th gen running a pc5 know which version of the 6th gen connector is the same???

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Little help... Rapid Bike is only making the harnesses for VFR800 2002 - up, so I need to find out what the brilliant people on here have done to make a PCV for the 6th gen work with a 5th gen...

Archived