Official Rapid Bike Race Group Buy!

CandyRedRC46

Question

Hey guys,

One of the best shops in my home town Orlando, just became the official Dimsport Rapid Bike dealer of North America. I stopped by the other day to check out the shop and inquire about tuning my Rapid Bike 2 and other general moto talk. I showed the owner my bike and everything that that I have done to it. I told him about my quarter mile times and that there are many other people that would love to have rapid bike products on their vfr800's as well, but there is nothing available for us...

So he got in contact with dimsport and they said all we need is 10 people to put down a deposit on just the harness and they will release the Evo and Race modules for VFR800 use!!!!

Guys this is VERY VERY powerful technology! The Evo module is fully capable of auto tuning the fuel map with the factory o2 sensors. The race module is capable of doing this as well plus it has the ability to tune the ignition timing as well.

I will be first to put down a deposit so we just need 9 more people in line and we can make this happen!!!

I will post more information on actual pricing and all of the features of the Dimsport Rapid Bike Race and Evo modules later on tonight!

Thanks for your time guys! Let's make this happen!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.dimsport.com/rapidbike/

• Answers 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

Are they available for 5th gens?

Is this deposit requirement generation specific? I.e. 10 deposits for 6th gen, 10 for 5th, etc.

Also, tuning with factory O2 sensors doesn't seem conducive to performance gains. To the best of my knowledge Honda factory O2 sensors are not wide band O2 sensors and will not be able to fine tune down in the 13 - 13.5 AF ratio range for max performance gains.

Are the fifth and sixth gen power commanders interchangeable?

Anyways, yes I spoke to the dealer about this as I had the same concern. I was promptly corrected as the Evo/race are fully capable of self tuning with the factory narrow band o2 sensors, but it does take more seat time than if you purchase the additional "my tuning bike" module which includes wide band o2 sensors.

• Member Contributer

Power Commander doesn't list the PC5 for 5th gens but the 6th gen PC5 can be made to work... PC3 is available for 5th gens

Hey CRRC46, will this unit be of a quality that is comparable to the Rapid Bike II module? Both you, and a distributor I spoke with about the Rapid Bike units last year, have stated that the RB III is basically 'crap', and not worth getting. I was never able to get a RB II module and gave up :blink: ...

ACE

• Member Contributer

I might be up for one of these, depends on price and capability. 5th gen for me. Yes PC's are interchangable on 5th 6th gens.

Power Commander doesn't list the PC5 for 5th gens but the 6th gen PC5 can be made to work... PC3 is available for 5th gens

Okay that's what I figured. That all the hardware (connectors) are identical, the firmware is probably the same and the only thing that would need updating would be the fuel and ignition map. So I will talk to them about it tomorrow.

Hey CRRC46, will this unit be of a quality that is comparable to the Rapid Bike II module? Both you, and a distributor I spoke with about the Rapid Bike units last year, have stated that the RB III is basically 'crap', and not worth getting. I was never able to get a RB II module and gave up :blink: ...

ACE

I definitely never said the rapid bike 3 was crap. I have said that all the offerings from dyno jet (PC2 PC3 and PCV etc) are crap compared to all the dimsport offerings...

If you talked to anyone at rapidbikeusa.com please be aware that they were terminated from dimsport in 2009 and are now involved in a major law suit. The only legal us distributer for dimsport products in the US is now Cycle Pro in Orlando Florida. So I wouldn't be surprised if Lenny from rapid bike USA told you that, because he currently being sued by dimsport.

Anyways the rapid bike 2 and 3 are physically identical on the outside. Both have a weather tight aluminum allow outer case that is a million times more durable than the flimsy plastic power commander units.

I have had my rapid bike 2 for over a year now and it's performance has been perfect the whole time. And the rapid bike 3 is identical with the exception of having the ability to store multiple maps.

Yes we can definitely make a shipment to Australia happen. I will get pricing info tomorrow.

I'm interested too, but have no idea if I can afford it. I have a pc3 for my fifth gen, but the auto tune would be nice, even though I would need to add the sensor back in.

I have some money put aside for suspension, but if the price is right....

• Member Contributer

Not sure yet for a deposit but I will be following this thread for sure.

Just to confirm this would work on pre 2006 6th gens?

Thanks for putting this together!

Here to hold you guys over, check out their site and do some research. They are the real deal. Light years beyond power commander and bazzaz.

http://www.dimsport.com/rapidbike/rapidbikeindex.php?DS=12a7182bb1186e35cfdc0406af349b7f

"Dimsport Technology presents RAPIDBIKE

MotoGP Technology tailored for you

Dimsport Technology Group was founded in 1991 out of passion for competition and racing and has become world leader in the field of electronics for management of engine working parameters. Nowadays the Group employs about 70 people and offers two different product lines:

• Tuning Division: high-tech solutions for the customization of electronically-managed engine of cars, motorbikes, heavy duty trucks, tractors and boats.
  • Equipment Division: advanced power bench testers dynamometers/road simulators for engine developments and the measurement of torque & power supplied by cars, motorbikes, tractors and trucks.

Dimsport Technology Group's companies are TÜV certified for their quality management system (UNI EN ISO 9001:2008).

Rapidbike project - developed thanks to preceding experiences gained in the motorbike sector – officially comes to light in 2004 with the objective of offering add-on modules for fast adjustments of the engine management without interventions on the original ECU. This is a high-tech product line including software applications and hardware modules aimed at optimisation of performance: RapidBike1, 2 and 3 turned out to be able to satisfy any expectation.

Starting from 2008, Dimsport Technology has become technology partner of LCR Honda MotoGP Team (led by Lucio Cecchinello) and of Yamaha Italia by supporting R-Series. This cooperation allowed Dimsport to transfer the cutting edge technology to Rapidbike's product line.

RapidBike line now includes solutions for any need and requirement:

• RapidBike EASY, "Plug & Play AFR Modulator": management of oxygen-sensor and air temperature.
  • RapidBike EVO, "Total Injection Control": dynamic and multi-map management of oxygen sensor, self-adaptive injection, management of limiters.
  • RapidBike RACING, "All-In-One Professional Racing Module": dynamic and multi-map management of oxygen sensor, self-adaptive injection, ignition (spark advance), management of limiters (even pit-lane RPM feature), engine braking control while decelerating.

The range is complemented by outstanding quality accessories like My Tuning Bike(fast autotuning support on CAN-BUS line), RapidBike Master (software for map adjustment), Map Switch (selector for management of multiple maps).

Dimsport Technology Group also offers and supplies other tools aimed at professionals in order to support the development of engine parameter adjustment, for instance DynoBike dynamometer, professional versions of Tuning Bike tool andRapidBike Master software."

Not sure yet for a deposit but I will be following this thread for sure.

Just to confirm this would work on pre 2006 6th gens?

Thanks for putting this together!

I will talk to them tomorrow, but it is my understanding that all 1998 and up hardware is similar and you just need a specific map for your year.

Both the Rapid Bike Evo and Rapid Bike Racing will be produced if we get 9 more deposit for wire harnesses after my deposit.

Here is the Rapid Bike Evo (Fuel control):

rapidbike_evo.jpg
http://www.dimsport.com/rapidbike/rapidbike.php#tab2 Rapid Bike EVO: Total Injection Control

Evolution of the technology and experience gained through RapidBike1, 2 and 3 is an add-on module that interposes between the original ECU and the injectors.

It combines extraordinary high performance with user-friendliness thanks to the self-adaptive feature: RapidBike EVO does not require additional modules to reach this performance, as it includes all the required features in its own working.

Objective of this application is "total injection control", which means the total control of the air/fuel ratio through the management of all the injectors (up to eight) and of the oxygen sensors. RapidBike EVO allows to work on injection timing (range from -100% to +150% compared to the original parameters) and on air/fuel ratio related to carburetion.

When driving the motorbike, the self-adaptive feature determines the automatic self-correction of the air/fuel ratio maps: this active management is added up to the pre-set parameters. The adjustments set by RapidBike EVO improve the engine efficiency in order to reach the best performance.

The self-correction process is set in multipoint technology according to RPM and TPS, for the whole range of the engine working, even when the original RPM limiter is raised (when available).

rapidbike_evo_grafico_thumb.jpg

The chart (click to enlarge) displays the definite progressive improvement of the map from 0 (red trace) after 50 km (green trace) and after 200 km (brown trace). Other remarkable features are the possibility to raise the RPM limiter (up to + 1.000 RPM) and the cut of the speed limiter.

RapidBike EVO also supports the management of multiple maps, which means the possibility to calibrate and activate two sets of injection maps with different self-adaptive settings in order to "change air/fuel ratio" with a simple switch.

For two-cylinder engine motorbikes, RapidBike EVO allows to set a map with specific self-adaptive corrections for each cylinder to optimize the engine efficiency.

rapidbike_evo_software_thumb.jpg

By using the software downloaded from the website, through the USB device provided or purchased for the RB Evo kits before 12/02/2011, the rider can tune his own map and set new selfadaptive parameters anytime, so to get the performance desired.

And here is the Rapid Bike Racing (Fuel and Ignition control):

rapidbike_racing.jpg
Enjoy racing!

A real breakthrough in technology applied in the motorcycle sector, RapidBike RACINGis the most complete and innovative system available today to manage the engine working through add-on module.

Functional improvement and evolution of the technical features introduced with RapidBike EVO, the RACING module analyses and manages up to 8 input channels contemporary thanks to a calculating capacity ten times higher than what already offered by the esteemed RapidBike3.

A technologically advanced tool granting the maximum electronic support at the highest competitive level.

rapidbike_racing_grafico_potenza_thumb.j

The new features introduced by RapidBike RACING are numerous:

• Ignition timing dynamic control:

exclusive system for the management of ignition and spark advance, to maximize the engine efficiency (the chart displays the power level of two comparative tests performed by a Yamaha R6 on our dynamometer: the red trace represents the test with RapidBike RACING on - click to enlarge).

• Engine braking control:

management of the engine brake while decelerating, to prevent the troublesome jumping vibration of the rear wheel and improve the bike stability when curving.

• Pit–lane rpm limiter:

manually activated limiter to reduce the performance of the engine when driving through the pit area in a circuit.

• Switch multi sets:

not just a switch between two maps, but the possibility to change bike setting with different calibrations of injection, ignition, limiters (also pit-lane RPM), engine braking control and even self-adaptive injection.

rapidbike_racing_limitatore_thumb.jpg

The active management of RPM and speed limiters, essential at racing competition level, requires a detailed description because of the innovative solutions introduced: suitable for road purposes too, this technology is available on both RACING and EVOversion of RapidBike and makes what available now on the market obsolete.

The modification of the RPM limiter is achieved on a progressive scale of values so to obtain a regular and satisfactory power supply also in the RPM range added.

Some features are specifically conceived and supported to perform the best performance (example enrichment during acceleration, modulation of the oxygen sensor signal, etc.).

RapidBike RACING and EVO also controls the speed limiter: the highest implementation for your wish of race.

• Member Contributer

Hi Jonathan

Put me down for a RB Racing to replace my RB3

Again, great work organising this.

Interesting your finding with Lenny. He's been pretty hard to get intouch with.

Cheers

Phil

Just let me know where and how we make the payments.

Phil

• Member Contributer

Is the $175 deposit for the wire loom? I could come up with that now but the $5xx for the Race will take longer... I gotta buy other parts right now to get her running...

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

If the ignition part of the race unit interfaces with the ignition pickup, then I'm in. If it interfaces with the coils, then the 5th & 6th gens differ significantly.

In fact dim sport might appreciate that the 6th gen has 3 wire CoP's!!!!

Is the $175 deposit for the wire loom? I could come up with that now but the $5xx for the Race will take longer... I gotta buy other parts right now to get her running...

Where did you pull that figure from?

That's the Rapid Bike 2, this harness would be for the Evo version if I understand correctly.

• Member Contributer

Yes that is for the RapidBike 2 module and harness.

This is the older technology and the RapidBike EVO/RACING is the latest.

Even in saying "older technology" I am currently running an RB3 and with it have full fuel/ignition/shifter/accel pump control.

Way better than a PC V

The link takes you to RapidBikeUSA who are no longer the US importers and I believe are currently being sued by Dimsport, the Rapidbike manufacturer.

Yes all we need is 10 people to purchase a wire loom for $175 each, for everything to get put into production. We just need a total of ten committed buyers lined up and then we can purchase the wire looms from Cycle Pro, then Cycle Pro will place the order with Dimsport and then Dimsport will begin production on the harness' for the vfr800. As far as the Rapid Bike Racing and Evo modules go, those are already in stock at Cycle Pro and will only need to be reflashed with the appropriate map and firmware, so you do not need to worry about buying the actual module right away, you can do that separately on your own time.

If the ignition part of the race unit interfaces with the ignition pickup, then I'm in. If it interfaces with the coils, then the 5th & 6th gens differ significantly.

In fact dim sport might appreciate that the 6th gen has 3 wire CoP's!!!!

Yes the Rapid Bike Racing module intercepts the signal from the crank position sensor, then adjusts it accordingly and sends a manipulated signal to the factory ecu.

Does it use long & short term fuel trim logs or short term & relearn every time you ride?

Basically you have your factory ECU and fuel map first. Then you have your Rapid Bike Fuel map that makes a percentage change to the factory map second. And then you have a third map that is being continuously made by the auto tuning and continuously adjusted that makes further real time adjustments to the Rapid Bike second map. You can replace the second map with the third one at any time to make more precise adjustments.

That is the Rapid Bike 2. Those have not been produced for about 10 years and rapidbikeusa.com is no longer affiliated with dimsport. This is where I purchased my rapid bike 2 last year, but I believe Lenny was sold out after I bought mine. Believe me the Rapid Bike 2 is an Awesome product and is much more advanced than the Power Commander 3 and Bazzaz fuel controllers, but is old product and no longer being supported by Dimsport.

With that being said, if you can manage to get a hold of Lenny and actually purchase one I would definitely do it. But, it is my understanding that he sold out a long time ago and has been impossible to get a hold of. Keep in mind he lost his contract with Dimsport in 2009 and has just been clearing old product out of his warehouse ever since. this is why no one in the states has heard of Rapid Bike or dimsport.

Cycle Pro in Orlando Florida is now the only North American Distributor for Dimsport.

Where did you pull that figure from?

That's the Rapid Bike 2, this harness would be for the Evo version if I understand correctly.

That figure of $175 was from my thread on vfrworld. This thread was locked for a few days while I cleared everything with the vfrdiscussion moderators.

And yes the Rapid Bike 1, 2 and 3 harnesses are different than the Rapid Bike Evo and Racing Harness'. In order to get production started for the newer style Evo/Race modules for the vfr800, Dimsport is wanting us to purchase 10 new style harness' first.

Yes that is for the RapidBike 2 module and harness.

This is the older technology and the RapidBike EVO/RACING is the latest.

Even in saying "older technology" I am currently running an RB3 and with it have full fuel/ignition/shifter/accel pump control.

Way better than a PC V

The link takes you to RapidBikeUSA who are no longer the US importers and I believe are currently being sued by Dimsport, the Rapidbike manufacturer.

Thanks for handling everything while I was out Phil!

Here is what I posted on Vfrworld:

Okay so here is the pricing:
The retail on a Race/Evo harness is $198.00. Yaman at Cycle Pro is willing to help us out a little to make this happen ASAP, so he can drop the price on the wire harness to $175.00. The only thing that we need a deposit on is the wire harness. So I am first in line and will be placing a deposit for $175.00 and we just need 9 more people to sign up and place a deposit and production will start.
Now the pricing on the modules is as follows:
The retail for the Rapid Bike Race module is $590.00, but we are going to get it discounted to $530.00. The Rapid Bike Race module is self mapping and has ignition adjustability. So if you take into account that this is actually a pc5 plus autotune plus ignition module all in one and that power commander doesn't even offer an ignition module for us and also that this will have a much simplified design and harness versus a power commander with three separate modules and wire running everywhere, this is actually a really good deal and a no brainer.
The Pricing on the Evo module is as follows:
The retail for the Evo is $375 and we will have it discounted down to $340. The Rapid Bike Evo is similar the racing module in that it too is self mapping, but it lacks in the ignition adjustability and consequently does not allow for the pit lane limiter or launch control either.
Either way I view both of these systems as far superior to all the offerings from power commander and bazzaz. They both are self mapping with out the need for added auto tune modules and the both have full aluminum body casing unlike pc and bazzaz's plastic bodys. Both modules come with a full 2 year factory warranty. If there are any problems with your Rapid Bike Race or Evo you can simply send it back to Cycle Pro here in Orlando and they will Exchange it out with a new one for you free of charge. Being the much higher quality of the Rapid Bike 2 module that I currently own versus my old PC3, I do not see this as ever being an issue.
One last thing, When you guys see the software that comes with your Rapid Bike you will be truly impressed. The tuning software that I currently have for my Rapid Bike 2 module (that is now 13 years old) completely blows power commander and bazzaz out of the water. It has 3 dimensional injection and ignition mapping comparisons, multiple mapping by gear, and available gear, rpm and shift pressure dependent shift cut times for the quick shifter feature. There is a whole lot of other things that I am forgetting, but please go and Research Dimsport and Rapid Bike Racing to get a better understanding. I know not very many people have heard of them state side, but they are huge in Europe and other places around the world.

• Member Contributer

This is the Shop that we will be dealing with directly with purchasing the harness' and modules:

http://www.dimsport.com/rapidbike/news.php?id_news=d046c218cfd69609559cafcf2d7f37f9&page=1&news=2

Do we contact them for making a deposit? If yes, who is the point of contact at Cycle Pro?

Is the deposit refundable if the minimum order count is not met?

Technical question, what if your bike has the O2 sensors removed, uses a performance upgrade exhaust, or is an early 5th gen with no sensors? Will the stock sensors need to be obtained & re-installed or can/should wide band O2 sensors be utilized?

You can go through cycle pro or me. If you go through cycle pro the managers name is Yaman.

We are not going to be taking any deposits until all ten commitments are made.

Now if you are like me and you have a race header, there is an add on module called "my bike tuning". It comes with it's own wide band o2 sensor. It is a faster and easier method of tuning rather than using the existing factory narrow band o2 sensors, so this is what I will be running eventually. Now this is not to say that using your existing narrow band o2 sensors is a bad thing. There are just a few different methods to tune these modules. It just depends on what you are after.

The really cool thing about the my bike tuning method is the racing and Evo modules are fully capable of using four wide band o2 sensors at once, so each cylinder can actually be tuned to absolute perfection. This plus the ability of map by gear yields 24 different fuel maps. Also if you get the optional map switch you can run 24 pump gas maps and 24 race gas maps. Or 24 fuel economy maps and 24 full power maps. And 2 separate ignition maps as well.

Archived