Official Rapid Bike Race Group Buy!

CandyRedRC46

Question

Hey guys,

One of the best shops in my home town Orlando, just became the official Dimsport Rapid Bike dealer of North America. I stopped by the other day to check out the shop and inquire about tuning my Rapid Bike 2 and other general moto talk. I showed the owner my bike and everything that that I have done to it. I told him about my quarter mile times and that there are many other people that would love to have rapid bike products on their vfr800's as well, but there is nothing available for us...

So he got in contact with dimsport and they said all we need is 10 people to put down a deposit on just the harness and they will release the Evo and Race modules for VFR800 use!!!!

Guys this is VERY VERY powerful technology! The Evo module is fully capable of auto tuning the fuel map with the factory o2 sensors. The race module is capable of doing this as well plus it has the ability to tune the ignition timing as well.

I will be first to put down a deposit so we just need 9 more people in line and we can make this happen!!!

I will post more information on actual pricing and all of the features of the Dimsport Rapid Bike Race and Evo modules later on tonight!

Thanks for your time guys! Let's make this happen!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.dimsport.com/rapidbike/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Answers 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

Okay I got to meet all the head guys from Italy yesterday at the AIM Expo and was overwhelmed by all of the valuable information that they provided me with. I will try to pass down as much as possible.

About the test bike. It was a 100% stock unmodified 2002-2005 vfr800. Testing was done using 98 RON which I was told was equivalent to US 93 (RON+MON)/2.

also I was informed of the disappointing news that our bikes do not appear to have an external gear position sensor and cannot support map by gear....

Also I was informed that correction pump feature should be around 5% fuel +/-2

And the timing advance on correction pump should not be advanced but could possibly be retarded to reduce throttle snatchyness

The engine breaking feature defaults to factory at +99 and softens/Richens on overrun anywhere below that. The rpm should be set to full minimum.

Neither the engine breaking feature nor the correction pump should be adjusted unless you are highly knowledgeable in the effects of adjusting these parameters as they can lead to serious damage if the are adjusted wrong.

Did they give any dyno results from the stock bike? HP? TQ? anything...

I looked at the dyno results and as they were for a dead stock bike, they weren't too impressive. Just a few HP, maybe 5, every where. I asked them to email it to me anyways. It was about what you would expect for just a tune alone on a dead stock bike. After I get the o2 sensors welded in and tuning, I'll have some more dramatic results for you.

• Member Contributer

I looked at the dyno results and as they were for a dead stock bike, they weren't too impressive. Just a few HP, maybe 5, every where. I asked them to email it to me anyways. It was about what you would expect for just a tune alone on a dead stock bike. After I get the o2 sensors welded in and tuning, I'll have some more dramatic results for you.

Thanks... I was curious as to how much they got from a bone stock bike and can extrapolate from there gains to be had for a bike with mods...

Thank you for all your efforts on this project!

• Member Contributer

Your welcome. Are you trying to use the new rb racing mapping on an old rb2??

No way Man! I was like second in line to buy the harness and RB Race!!!

Just haven't been home to install... looking forward to the RB Race update from my PC2 and I'm just trying to anticipate the gains... kid looking forward Christmas kinda thing :)

• Member Contributer

Hi guys, well it lives RB strapped on to prove that everything will reach on 5th gen !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yf3jo8r1j6qnj8h/RB%20Race%20on%205th%20gen%201st%20run.wmv?dl=0

After CR's update of fuel used etc, I interpolated my custom PC3 fuel map into the RB & reduced all ignition cells >1 by 1 degree, sounds evil on the vid.

That is off the bat, no self tuning yet.

Enjoy :)

Your welcome. Are you trying to use the new rb racing mapping on an old rb2??

No way Man! I was like second in line to buy the harness and RB Race!!!

Just haven't been home to install... looking forward to the RB Race update from my PC2 and I'm just trying to anticipate the gains... kid looking forward Christmas kinda thing :)

Aw lol gotcha. Trust me you are going to feel a noticeable gain in midrange torque and throttle response everywhere. Plus it will get a more aggressive sound under heavy acceleration.

Hi guys, well it lives RB strapped on to prove that everything will reach on 5th gen !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yf3jo8r1j6qnj8h/RB%20Race%20on%205th%20gen%201st%20run.wmv?dl=0

After CR's update of fuel used etc, I interpolated my custom PC3 fuel map into the RB & reduced all ignition cells >1 by 1 degree, sounds evil on the vid.

That is off the bat, no self tuning yet.

Enjoy :)

AWESOME!!! THAT'S A MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH!

I will let dimsport know asap!

Wait until it starts correcting the fueling and then you get on the dyno to tweak the ignition. Then its going to be a BEAST!!!

• Member Contributer

Well I got the PC3 off & the RB on my 5th gen, all tucked away nicely. So ran the harness down the left side where the PC3 was.

The ignition pickup was a pain, due to the short wires on the 5th gen harness, needs the RB harness cable fed through the V of the cylinders & then the dexterity of a two year olds fingers to get the connectors to clip together. Theres a little excess cable by the EFi connectors, approx 50mm, theres also about 200mm surplus cable for the O2 connectors, so I tucked it back in a loop along side the main RB harness, but everything fits & the bike burst into life when the battery was reconnected with the RB earthed to the negative terminal.

If anyone needs to know, the o2 sensors for cylinders 1/2 is the white connector with one wire that's Red/Black & the 3/4 cylinder is the black connector with one wire Orange/Black. These are the connectors on the bikes wiring harness.

Will try to get this thing on the road by the weekend. Then review after some miles.

Awesome I am eagerly awaiting to hear how your bike responds to the added timing and fuel correcting!

So in the installation manual, on the step that explains the o2 sensor connections, is it different for the 6th gen versus 5th gen??

• Member Contributer

Received my kit today and have most of it installed including the My Tuning Bike module and the wideband that comes with it.

It will be interesting to see what the OZ/NZ 2010 model comes back like once the My Tuning does the adjustments compared to the standard EURO bike the mapping was made on.

With my dialed in cams and Delkevic headers/LeoVince cans I was going to see how it all compares.

Then I'll put on my modded throttle bodies/airbox/velocity stacks and see what adjustments the My Tuning Bike sorts for those.

That should give an approx HP increase based on the added fuel needed.

CandyRed, I was thinking that retarding the ignition during the accel pump operation would be the way to go as you are applying a large increase in load, so advancing would only make the problem worse. I see the Italians think that was as well.

I'll post me results once the weather clears and I can get a couple of good days runs over the same roads.

Phil

• Member Contributer

Nah it's the same, but when I put my O2 sensors back in the exhaust I just chucked them in, then thought about which was which. So the white or clear connector on both 5/6th gens is for cylinders 1/2 & the Black is for cylinders 3/4, I put them in the exhaust reversed, so had to refer to the wiring diagram to determine which should be connected to which, so I have a White/Black crossover for now. I'll correct them before I put the fairing on, so any learned levels won't get lost when the TBR exhaust goes on !

So RB Sensor-1 is for cylinder 1/2 & RB sensor-2 is for cylinder 3/4.

I can see now looking at the instructions (I hadn't before !) the reason for the LONG O2 sensor wires, on the 5th gen the O2 main harness connectors are between the upper engine mounts in the V of the cylinder, where as on the 6th gen they are down below the generator cover ! The extra 50mm in the EFi connectors is in the bottom leg of the Y which is the main harness. The main harness length is good & places the RB module, just where the PC3 was under the seat, just behind the battery box.

• Member Contributer

Well just managed to steal an hour to swap the O2 sensors on the pipes, so that the connectors are all the right way round now & finished locating the Racing unit under the seat. The additional connectors just fit nicely in the void in front of the battery box.

O2 sensor connection point on 5th Gen

post-24524-0-01662000-1413998716.jpg

Racing module located under seat on 5th Gen

post-24524-0-16750900-1413998757.jpg

post-24524-0-05080000-1413998815.jpg

Busy now until Saturday, hope to get the bike out for a run then to get some O2 trims.

Enjoy

Before and after Rapid Bike racing dynos of a 100% stock 2003 VFR800, tuned using the 2 factory narrowband o2 sensors. Keep in mind that this is with no other mods, not even a slip on or air filter. The improvements should be much greater on modified bikes or in the case of tuning each cylinder independently with four o2 sensors. db7877a6762f854a9f5dbbb6f1dd6f36.jpg74dd8446597cabc31f0e477449b3a95f.jpg39f11b747dc78c73b413b574912b99b1.jpg

That is before and after at 100%, 23% and 13% throttle positions. On the 13% throttle you can see the dramatic breakdown of just fuel corrections alone and then the added benefit of tuning the ignition map on top of the fuel map.

• Member Contributer

That is a shite load of cable to hide.

The widebands come with the looongest cables I think I've ever seen.

I was temped to use the one from my Zeitronix logger as the cable is about half as long.

I will be interesting to see what you find with yours cylinder by cylinder.

Luckily I have a lot of space where my linked brakes used to reside. A lot of that cable is necessary to make it from the racing module to the front two cylinders, so there is extra left over from the rear two, but this gives you more options on mounting. Its a shame the vfrs have such limited tail space.

• Member Contributer

Just put 40 miles on the bike, all works great. I set the auto adjustment to max 5% to see how it liked that. Only a few cells maxed out at 5% so I've just reset to 10% to see if any re adjust further.

So now I've worked out that you have to acceptthe adjustments which then resets the auto tuning to zero, so have left the max +/- at 5%, for my next ride.

Ignition is still -1 from the Dimsport supplied defaults.

• Member Contributer

CRRC - Are you holding off on the bored throttle bodies until after you get adjusted maps for the stock TB first giving you the opportunity to compare and contrast the measured fueling changes?

CRRC - Are you holding off on the bored throttle bodies until after you get adjusted maps for the stock TB first giving you the opportunity to compare and contrast the measured fueling changes?

Exactomundo

I'm heading to cycle pro now to finish up and then go for a long tuning ride :)

• Member Contributer

So now I've worked out that you have to accept the adjustments which then resets the auto tuning to zero, so have left the max +/- at 5%, for my next ride. Here's a comparison & snap shot of the fuel adjustments.

Please be aware the fuel map is an extrapolation from my PC3 custom map based on my 5th Gen's tuned configuration, so don't use these on your bike. The yellow is cells with added fuel & & orange is with reduced.

post-24524-0-70843200-1414270870.png

post-24524-0-94504400-1414270880.png

• Member Contributer

Just realised I was telling a fib due to brain fade. I had reduced all ignition cells to a max of 2.5 ! Just working up a map with max 3 advance.

• Member Contributer

Just finished welding the o2 sensor bungs in and routing the wiring. 76c370255d614cef21b5ed019228a220.jpg

How did you wire in 4 widebands when the harness has two connectors for the stock O2 sensors? Did you get additional harness work done or tap into the ecu connector?

Archived