Official Rapid Bike Race Group Buy!

CandyRedRC46

Question

Hey guys,

One of the best shops in my home town Orlando, just became the official Dimsport Rapid Bike dealer of North America. I stopped by the other day to check out the shop and inquire about tuning my Rapid Bike 2 and other general moto talk. I showed the owner my bike and everything that that I have done to it. I told him about my quarter mile times and that there are many other people that would love to have rapid bike products on their vfr800's as well, but there is nothing available for us...

So he got in contact with dimsport and they said all we need is 10 people to put down a deposit on just the harness and they will release the Evo and Race modules for VFR800 use!!!!

Guys this is VERY VERY powerful technology! The Evo module is fully capable of auto tuning the fuel map with the factory o2 sensors. The race module is capable of doing this as well plus it has the ability to tune the ignition timing as well.

I will be first to put down a deposit so we just need 9 more people in line and we can make this happen!!!

I will post more information on actual pricing and all of the features of the Dimsport Rapid Bike Race and Evo modules later on tonight!

Thanks for your time guys! Let's make this happen!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.dimsport.com/rapidbike/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Answers 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here you can see the advantages of having four separate wide band o2 sensors and individually tuning each cylinder. Notice the different fueling demands of each cylinder by wide open throttle and red line. 8fe92fea88a4ad0964b240102c4cb496.jpg567b8fa26acdfa3f820a145a4ad87ded.jpg6c1cb233c90384682cf3e98dcb407cf3.jpg6f13cf6d33c3611a269ab48f2c0a54c5.jpg

• Member Contributer

CR good to see its getting there have you ridden it yet ? Or have you taken up residence in Yaman's workshop :) Waiting for the dyno.

• Member Contributer

I hope this is legible and clears up your question.

Much better... Thanks!

Have you had a chance to go for a ride? Does the individual fueling smooth out the engine at high revs?

I mean even more smooth than the awesome smoothness of a 90* V4 ;)

Never mind.... saw your post on the other thread

Its butter smooth everywhere. Its hard to believe that this engine has 61k miles on it and no throttle body sync or valve inspection or adjustments. The VTEC transition just completely disappeared. Its now just a change in tone. No dip or spike in power. No surging anywhere. I have never in my life felt a bike this smooth. Its like the throttle is connected to an electric motor. It just does exactly what you ask it to do.

I delinked my brakes so all four my tuning modules and all associated plugs and wiring for the o2 sensors fits in there where the linked brake crap used to reside.

So over the last 24 hours I fitted the overbore throttle bodies and boots and port matched the heads to them. Here are my updated maps. It is up about 20% more fuel everywhere over my last map that had been made the day before. I would ignore the 0% column. I need to sync the new throttle bodies pretty bad so the 0-4% fueling is off.

fcec2cda147f158580470aaf537b5225.jpg

b26ae1f172f4529eb8769c6d936e43ce.jpg" alt="b26ae1f172f4529eb8769c6d936e43ce.jpg">

• Member Contributer

Any 5th gen owners, be careful with the rapid bike ignition advance on the 5th gen engine.

I just did some test runs today on standard pump gas (95RON) to see how the ignition advance would work.

My initial setup was PC3 map extrapolated into RB Racing fuel map, with V-tec ignition map reduced by 1 degree for all cells, but with a max value of 2.5degrees. To explain that if cell said 1-3 it was reduced by 1. If cell said 3.5-5 then it was set at 2.5.

This seems to work across the whole rev range, but need some more miles to confirm.

So today I changed the max advance to 3 degrees which was fine up to an indicated 5500rpm, but under load it would pre ignite causing bad stumbling, so reset back to max 2.5 including cells that were originally 3, same result would not even rev correctly on the stand :(

So now back to my initial ignition setup. Have a day booked off on Wednesday, hopefully weather will be fine & I can get some miles o the bike to see how the fuelling adjusts.

Hmmmmm the firmware may need updating, that or the fifth gens are just more sensitive to ignition timing changes. We need to get a fifth gen to Italy.

Honestly the ignition map should be zero'd out and a new map should be created for your bike on a dyno, after your fueling is sorted out.

• Member Contributer

I know, i'm trying to short cut that baseds on the 5th & 6th gen igition being very similar. Yes would be better if Dimsport could had a pe configured map for ignition.

Took me va while to work out how CR got those fuel map pics, so rotate the 3d map to an overhead view !

• Member Contributer

The other thing we could do is look at what the 5th Gen timing map was like for the RB3 units

Now that I'm in the 5th Gen camp I need to look at this as well.

I'll dig the RB3 map out later and take a look at it.

Phil

• Member Contributer

Sorry guys but there is no RB3 map for the 5th Gen and the only map for it is only for injection, no ignition.

The injection map is pretty basic.

• Member Contributer

No there is an RB2 map

It is called "VFR800-99-01_STD.MPP"

You'll find it in "MyDocuments\RapidBike\MAPS\RAPIDBIKE\HONDA"

• Member Contributer

Sorry I forgot to mention that I've set both the injection and ignition maps on mine to zero and will let the MTB create the fuel map for me on the 5th Gen engine in the 6th Gen bike.

Once it's run in, I'll look at getting it on a dyno and see if I can get the ignition side of things sorted from there.

Phil

• Member Contributer

Just got home from a 200km ride and wow :-)

I did notice that jerking between 3000-4000 in first aswell, might have to take off the ignition as CR said.

Just wondering if any ideas on mounting the usb somewhere other than under the seat. PITA to take seat off every time I wanna hook the puta up. I was thinking of that little notch on the right hand side of the seat fearing.

rapid bike usb

used a piece of double sided tape(xstrong/outdoors), holds well so far however i havent washed it yet to see how it likes water

• Member Contributer

I've been traveling and have not been able to install my Race module... also, I need to install O2 bungs on my '98 headers to hook up the sensors before I do anything.

• Member Contributer

Haven't ridden my 07 for a couple of weeks due to the weather. Prior to that I got about 300 miles with the race module on. Made a big difference in the midrange. None of the snatchy throttle issues others mentioned. Very happy with it.

• Member Contributer

Haven't ridden my 07 for a couple of weeks due to the weather. Prior to that I got about 300 miles with the race module on. Made a big difference in the midrange. None of the snatchy throttle issues others mentioned. Very happy with it.

Did you go with the supplied map or use a zero map and let it auto-tune?

• Member Contributer

Still building my map for the 825 Gen 5 on the Gen 6 so it is a bit of a mission running in a new motor and building the map at the same time.

In saying that, the MTB module is doing a really good job and I'm up to 10000 rpm now and have more power than I know what to do with.

I'll keep you posted once I get some more km up.

Just wondering - how difficult is it to install a system like this - for someone who's no mechanic and has never done an oil change on their bike? Is it plug and play - or is there a bit more to it?

• Member Contributer

First question.

What model is your VFR?

If it is a 6th Gen, then the fitting is more straight forward and the supplied map is a good starting point as that is the model it was based on.

It also depends on whether you are thinking of going with the My Tuning Bike module as this requires another bung to be welded in to the exhaust for the wide band O2 sensor.

• Member Contributer

You'll need to loosen the tank and raise the front to access the injector connections. Hardest part of my install was squeezing the 02 leads of the Rapid bike harness down to he lower left side to the 02 sensors. If you can unhook and reconnect harness connectors and take the seat off and loosen the fuel tank you can probably do this yourself. 100% plug and play and reversible. No cutting or splicing.

Nick

Archived