Official Rapid Bike Race Group Buy!

CandyRedRC46

Question

Hey guys,

One of the best shops in my home town Orlando, just became the official Dimsport Rapid Bike dealer of North America. I stopped by the other day to check out the shop and inquire about tuning my Rapid Bike 2 and other general moto talk. I showed the owner my bike and everything that that I have done to it. I told him about my quarter mile times and that there are many other people that would love to have rapid bike products on their vfr800's as well, but there is nothing available for us...

So he got in contact with dimsport and they said all we need is 10 people to put down a deposit on just the harness and they will release the Evo and Race modules for VFR800 use!!!!

Guys this is VERY VERY powerful technology! The Evo module is fully capable of auto tuning the fuel map with the factory o2 sensors. The race module is capable of doing this as well plus it has the ability to tune the ignition timing as well.

I will be first to put down a deposit so we just need 9 more people in line and we can make this happen!!!

I will post more information on actual pricing and all of the features of the Dimsport Rapid Bike Race and Evo modules later on tonight!

Thanks for your time guys! Let's make this happen!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.dimsport.com/rapidbike/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Answers 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

I have mine positioned exactly the same and mounted with double sided valcro.

It has never moved and I had my RB2 and RB3 mounted the same way.

The rubber band just gives it a bit more support.

• Member Contributer

What location/angle is everyone using for the mount of a single wideband O2 MTB sensor? Easiest for me is off of a new mid-pipe I'm fabricating, does anyone have any insights or suggestions?

What location/angle is everyone using for the mount of a single wideband O2 MTB sensor? Easiest for me is off of a new mid-pipe I'm fabricating, does anyone have any insights or suggestions?

Sorry I can't help here, I've got four of them

• Member Contributer

Sorry I can't help here, I've got four of them

D!ck... oh, I'm sorry... did I just think that out loud?

I wish I had your set-up... child going into college limits me to one...

I finally was able to go on a longer ride to see how my VFR now runs. I have to say I like it. The bike seems to run smoother, seems to pull harder and my fuel milage has actually improved! The only thing I have noticed is the bike starts hard sometimes when the engine is hot.

• Member Contributer

I finally was able to go on a longer ride to see how my VFR now runs. I have to say I like it. The bike seems to run smoother, seems to pull harder and my fuel milage has actually improved! The only thing I have noticed is the bike starts hard sometimes when the engine is hot.

That can be a symptom of too rich mixture... what A/F ratio are you running down at low rpm with zero throttle opening?

• Member Contributer

Anyone know of another group buy going on?

Email Yaman and tell him your from VFRD and see if he can give you a deal.

There were some dyno sheets provided by Dimsport to show the "under the curve" hp improvements at various throttle positions. I have had a racing module on my bike for over a year now and I added quick shift, 4 wide band bosch o2 sensors and the youtune display/control. It has been great so far. As far as before/after dyno and fuel economy, I never bothered. Fuel economy is good and power is strong, so I never felt the need to dig into it. The fact that it is true self tuning and I have an air/fuel ratio display on my Youtune, I know my air/fuel is spot on and never had any need for a dyno run. I have said it befor and will say it again.

If anyone wants to bring their stockish VFR down to Orlando, I would be more than happy to pay for some dyno pulls to do a comparison.

I'd love to take you up on bringing my 6th gen down to Florida ... my parents winter on Isla del Sol.

That said, I'm sure trailing it down is in the cards. I have 3 young kids - I think I'd have to commit myself to a sanitarium from the ride down with them in the back seat. LOL!

I'd really like to see the actual results if anyone has links / images to share. I always like to see if there's a real world return backed by hard data before I make a purchase.

• Member Contributer

I'd love to take you up on bringing my 6th gen down to Florida ... my parents winter on Isla del Sol.

That said, I'm sure trailing it down is in the cards. I have 3 young kids - I think I'd have to commit myself to a sanitarium from the ride down with them in the back seat. LOL!

I'd really like to see the actual results if anyone has links / images to share. I always like to see if there's a real world return backed by hard data before I make a purchase.

Mohawk is up around 120 rwhp and HSNZ around 140rwhp with their RapidBikes on 5th gen engines... but they have done actual engine work not just bolt on mods. I don't think they checked for fuel economy; if you are looking for fuel economy keep everything stock on the engine.

When you have a Rapid bike and you add the youtune module, you actually have the ability to adjust the air/fuel target trim up or down a few points, on the fly, so you could bump your target from say 13.2:1 up to 13.4:1 while on the highway. But, again like rush stated, no one buys these Rapidbike modules for the mpgs, as the factory air/fuel target is closer to 15 when it goes closed loop.

The main reasoning for picking the Rapidbike Racing module over the powercommander/bazzaz is that the Rapidbike Racing module has the ability to alter the ignition mapping. The supplied Rapidbike ignition map (for 6th gens) adds a significant amount of ignition advance in the 2500-7500 rpm range. So in that area you will have a large hp/torque increase, but there are minimal changes in the above 9000 rpm range, so peak power numbers will not be much different. If you look at a typical powercommander equipped vfr dyno versus a rapid bike mapped vfr, you will see large gains in the low to midrange area, peak hp numbers will not change much.

You really need to dig into this more than TLDR and read all the posts to decide if you want to go the rapidbike route. Screen shots of map comparisons and dyno charts supplied by dimsport were already posted on this thread.

FUEL MILEAGE....

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if mpg's improved due to the added timing, only problem is i am sure the required use of premium fuel will cancel out any possible savings lol.

MID RANGE IMPROVEMENT

Haven't ridden my 07 for a couple of weeks due to the weather. Prior to that I got about 300 miles with the race module on. Made a big difference in the midrange. None of the snatchy throttle issues others mentioned. Very happy with it.

Before and after Rapid Bike racing dynos of a 100% stock 2003 VFR800, tuned using the 2 factory narrowband o2 sensors. Keep in mind that this is with no other mods, not even a slip on or air filter. The improvements should be much greater on modified bikes or in the case of tuning each cylinder independently with four o2 sensors. db7877a6762f854a9f5dbbb6f1dd6f36.jpg74dd8446597cabc31f0e477449b3a95f.jpg39f11b747dc78c73b413b574912b99b1.jpg

That is before and after at 100%, 23% and 13% throttle positions. On the 13% throttle you can see the dramatic breakdown of just fuel corrections alone and then the added benefit of tuning the ignition map on top of the fuel map.

Dyno charts.

100% throttle

23% throttle

13% throttle

Green line is fuel and ignition mapped

red line is only fuel mapped

blue line is stock

CCRC46 ... you da man ... that's exactly the stuff I was looking for!

I would have been happy to go through the thread myself 'knowing' that the information was in the thread, but you took it all the way. Thank you!

Archived