Went Down, It Was My Time I Guess

Hello guys id like to tell you a short story.

Dont think you can ride like Rossi :goofy:

I was in the end of a short 60-70 mile trip yesterday and was feeling great on the bike.

The corners were perfect, the road too, just a little dusty. There was some traffic, but not that bad.

I was leaning in a left corner, took one chik out of the seat, lowered the knee and then went down :comp13:

The footpeg hitting the ground and lifted the rear wheel, so there was nothing i could do.

There was no pain or drama. I got up, checked the legs and hands, took of the helmet and stared at the sad looking bike.

The speed was low, around 40-50 mph, so no damage to me, the gear took the hit.

Now i need to find some replacement parts, and also i dont have insurance covering this kind of accidents.

If you know someone breaking i vtec in the uk, let me know.

To be honest i'm not sorry, because i think that every biker goes down at some point, and i dont think this is bad. It is educating :goofy:

And remember, rossi is better :mad:

Here are some pics

post-28705-0-95524800-1402325101.jpgpost-28705-0-42336500-1402325106.jpgpost-28705-0-70669000-1402325108.jpgpost-28705-0-69976000-1402325110.jpgpost-28705-0-00175800-1402325113.jpg

• Member Contributer

Glad you walked away. Sorry about the bike but it looks easily repairable enough.

You should be able to get a new handle bar and fairings from any dealer or eBay easily enough. The rear fairing looks like you could just sand and paint.

It won't be cheap but learning experiences rarely are. Man you have some sandy roads.

Yeah this is a big problem here, a lot of sand and salt is used in the winter and then from the side of the road it constantly goes inside the lanes.

• Member Contributer

Just glad that you are ok.....bikes can be fixed!

I have used Bike Breakers in the past, but ebay can be just as good.

Best of luck on the repairs.

Ooh I have considered some updates :p We are expecting a baby soon so the bike will wait a little, but a new colour is in my my mind, as well as suspension upgrades and PC5.

If you're not hurt, that's the main thing.

Have you proceed baby gear yet? The little ones need a lot of gear.

And keep growing out of it. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Hi Burkov,

Glad you're ok! Did the bike spin around and impact the curb with the handlebar? Looks like a solid hit, and you might want to have a frame shop check it out when you get around to pulling it apart. A hard impact can tweak things pretty good. Put an ad on here for a fairing, someone will probably have a spare. Don't know about the baby stuff. That would probably be another website... :unsure: Congrats on the new future motorcyclist, :fing02: Like Lee said, you will probably be doing a lot of maintenance and upgrades in the nursery instead of the garage! :wub: LOL!

Ded

Thanks guys for the support.

Yes the bike hit the curb, thats why the handlebar is bend down.

I'll look for a shop to check the frame, but i'm not sure i'll find one.

As for the baby, i just still cant imagine how much gear i have to buy :goofy:

The good news are, the doc said HER heart beats like AC/DC, so a good future generation is comming :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

Looking at the picture with the cars headlights reflecting off tbe road i have to ask if the road was damp or particularly smooth as in polished. Take a good look around the triple clamps and steering head area of the frame. Look for cracked welds and the steering stops. Glad youre ok and welcome to the been down on a mc club. Learn as much as you can from it. You dont want to retake this class.

• Member Contributer

Glad you are okay. If the road was clean then you probably had the center stand lever the rear wheel up a bit and the rear then slide out with less traction...unfortunately I have seen it happen in front of me too many times.

Sorry to hear about your mishap, glad you were smart enough to wear your gear and that it protected you. Hope you find your repair parts without trouble and get it back up and running. BTW, I work with a Bulgarian, he's a drafter in our land survey office in Woodinville, Washington. He's a great guy

ugh, I feel your pain. When I'm coming to the end of a ride, regardless of how good I'm feeling, I dial it waaaay down. I call it my cool down, for me and the bike. It's saved me a ticket a time or two as well

Thanks for the idea Dutchi, i was thinking about black :cool:

The road is little polished asfalt, with little dust. So might be not only my fault :comp13:

I will check the bike very carefully in the weekend, i already ordered a second hand clipon, and i plan to weld the footpeg until i get a new one.

The fairings will be welded so i can ride till the end of the season, and the winter project is going to be new plastics and paint. :cool:

Archived