6Th Gen: Has Anyone Installed Any Speakers?

Audigier

Just wondering if somebody has speakers on a VFR.

Can you share a picture or something to get an idea of what im getting into?? a friend of mine is offering a set of motorcycle speakers and i kinda like the offer but cant figure how to mount them.

• Forum CEO

I saw a show bike at bike night cannery row, a busa all decked out in neon and stereo speakers, it was cool if your into that sort of thing but not much of a canyon carver it had a huge over extended swingarm and chromed bling all over it, and a very intricate paint scheme. Looked like some custom fiberglass molded pieced for the speakers. Obviously built for show and not to ride.

Me personally I do earbuds and a sena bluetooth system for my tunes, gps, phone calls, intercom, and such, its awsome.

• Member Contributer

To me the VFR rider seems to be a little more sophisticated and would more than likely be using a helmet speaker system, whether wired to a smart phone or iPod/MP3 player or linked to the same type of devices via a Bluetooth connection. I'm sure someone might have done what your looking for but since there is such limited space to mount stuff on/in the fairings, you might be better off going with a helmet speaker setup too.

I don't like external speaker set-ups myself, I find it a bit rude to others on the road. I know I don't like it when I hear the homeboys cruising down the street pumping their "music" (we'll call it music for the sake of argument). Besides, if you are one who also wears ear plugs when you ride, you would really have to be cranking the sound up to be able to hear it while moving, especially at highway speeds. With a helmet speaker system, with or without ear plugs the the audio is at a much lower level and would not be intruding on the public.

That's my two cents.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I use the Scala with my I-pod plugged in to it. I did modify the Scala set up just a touch as the speaker system it has really sucks. I have it set up so I can use earbuds. Much better sound and knocks out most of the wind noise unless you are traveling at warp speed. Simple to use like this. Put in your earbuds. Put on your helmet. Plug the earbud connector into the jack on the Scala and you are set.

post-23180-0-60930200-1355261502.jpg

post-23180-0-03082000-1355261611.jpg

• Member Contributer

I know the OP probably doesn't care what I think, but I just have to say that IMO blasting tunes out for everyone to hear from speakers mounted in a fairing is about as offensive (depending on the volume) as smoking cigarettes right outside the health clinic door. Nobody (well almost nobody) wants to listen to YOUR music!

• Member Contributer

I have all three systems (bike speakers, helmet speakers and earbuds) on my bikes and prefer speakers in the helmet. Depending on your speed, windscreen and audio source you may need an audio amp to boost the volume to the helmet spearkers if you are running earplugs at the same time.

One advantage of the helmet speaker is that you easily move from bike to bike and still keep the tunes, gps etc!

• Member Contributer

i have installed tons of speakers on all kinds of bike.. but with being deaf i dont get to enjoy them.

on a vfr i put a bunch of 4 inchers being the tail panels and a 8 incher under the rear seat cowl. the seat had been chopped so the bike was a solo only..

we recorded the bike starting, running and revving..

then at the cycle show in timmonium. i turned on the ipod and "started " it up.. and "revved" it until a judge came over and told me to kill the motor.. i just laughed and showed him it was the speakers. :tongue:

• Member Contributer

I know the OP probably doesn't care what I think, but I just have to say that IMO blasting tunes out for everyone to hear from speakers mounted in a fairing is about as offensive (depending on the volume) as smoking cigarettes right outside the health clinic door. Nobody (well almost nobody) wants to listen to YOUR music!

You should hear my next door neighbor come rolling into our cul-de-sac at 11pm in the summer with BAG PIPES blasting from the speakers on his HD dresser. :musik20:

• Member Contributer

You should hear my next door neighbor come rolling into our cul-de-sac at 11pm in the summer with BAG PIPES blasting from the speakers on his HD dresser. :musik20:

nice...

Archived