My bike's new look

GadiantonRob

So, you've been worried about me.

I know you have. I've been gone for awhile.

You think I wrecked my bike. I didn't.

My friend did.

But, he payed for repairs--and I wanted new paint.

Here's the outcome. Color is Ford's True Blue. I always liked it on Mustangs, and it's close to the Euro dark blue Honda had. I had lighter blue/silver VFR stickers for the bottom cowl, but butchered one real bad and will be re-ordering it. Hope you like.

2012-08-03191948.jpg

2012-08-03191934.jpg

2012-08-03191918.jpg

• Member Contributer

Man I'm glad u are ok.

Was worried about you, but being a shy person I am, I was afraid to ask.... :laugh:

Nice restrained color choice :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Timmy will be very disappointed that you didn't opt for flat black. :happy:

Silver wheels would look nice, I might consider it down the road. Yes, I put on the VFR800 mirrors--they look great! Yes, Seb, the NACA's need cleaning--at least the right side, left one is still nice and black. I was really happy with the color choice, but those pics don't do it justice at all. I'll get better pics later with our nice camera once we are all moved in to our new house.

Also, you cant see, but the muffler was dented in the accident, so instead of getting another, they just shortened it by about 3 inches or so, and man, it roars now!

I'll have to to alot of riding to make up for 2 months time of it being in the shop.

Friends don't let friends ride your bike. :(

I feel badly for your incident. However, your vfr looks beautiful. It will be nice to see high quality of photos down the road. Amongst my friends loaning any toy was done so with this understanding:

"YOU WRECK IT YOU OWN IT"

It keeps the Loan of Toys in better perspective when the responsibility financially is very clearly understood.

• Member Contributer

Good to have you back. I was so worried I was loosing sleep. :pinocchio:

I think the blue is an excellent choice for that machine. Does it have a name? Blue Meanie?

• 2 weeks later...

That looks VERY nice! I think the black wheels look fine, classy. Silver wheels would detract from the depth of the paint. I wonder what a black belly pan would look like, but I think it looks great as it is.

• 1 month later...

Your bike looks great! Thanks for posting your pictures. My bike is currently for sale on CL, but apparently most shoppers want a bike for almost free.

Your pictures cause me to reconsider. I have long wanted to change the color to dark grey (2000 cbr 1000 ish) and might make the move when the temp drops!

My first choice was actually gonna be a dark grey, and I think it would look very classy. Thanks for the compliments, the paint job has definitely made me love my bike all over again.

I have shown alot of before and after pics, and many people think the bikes looks much "newer" with the bottom cowl painted. It brings it out of the '90s.

Archived