Now This Is What I Call A "stimulus" Package!

vanion2

• Member Contributer

I am doing my part in this rocky economy. wink.gif

I wanted to wait until everything was complete but I just got these back and have to show them off!

My camera is not doing these shots any justice either...

gallery_9864_2412_753640.jpg

sunshine shot.JPG

gallery_9864_2412_78996.jpg

tank.JPG

gallery_9864_2412_54701.jpg

tank top.JPG

gallery_9864_2412_289934.jpg

tail.JPG

gallery_9864_2412_121240.jpg

right fairing.JPG

gallery_9864_2412_754070.jpg

nose.JPG

gallery_9864_2412_135550.jpg

left fairing.JPG

gallery_9864_2412_532397.jpg

fender, solo seat, left panel.JPG

I have to let them cure for a bit more before mounting everything back up and I have the right panel cover on order which will get painted next week. Also, there will be a silver vinyl stripe separating the two colors that also goes on next week. Then there is the clear lens conversion for the front turn signals and the GSXR mirrors to mount... +1.gif

• Member Contributer

What a nasty little teaser post. Can't wait to see it all put back together.

Regards,

Rollin

• Member Contributer

FIRST,.............. Happy Birthday!!! I didn't, not see it, I'm just in my own tiny world, recently. LOL. Come to think of it,..............always. LOL.

Second,..... DAMN! That's like glass. Almost a shame to put it on the bike. LOL.

"Honda VFR...turning riders into mechanics"

How much you've learned, the last couple years. LOL. Not including life and school. I bet you'll have all of that on, and finger prints wiped off, in under 1.3 hrs.

+1.gif

• Member Contributer
I want to see it back together.

Me too! +1.gif

Nice, someone did a real nice job there! +1.gif

His name is Ryan Fox and he owns Fox Automotive here in Albuquerque and he painted my R6 that I sold. He is top notch and is very detail oriented. Every time I pull up to his shop he has some exotics car or another that is being worked on. His advertising is by word of mouth only.

Wow, I love the work! Can you share how much stimulus was required?

It was a cash on the barrel deal so the whole package ran $1200 including the panel and the vinyl striping that happens next week. All the fairings were sanded, primed, painted and clear coated. He even "cleaned" up the nicks and dings as he found them. I am basically looking at "new" fairings. And to top it off his work and the paint come with a limited warranty.

• Member Contributer
FIRST,.............. Happy Birthday!!! I didn't, not see it, I'm just in my own tiny world, recently. LOL. Come to think of it,..............always. LOL.

Second,..... DAMN! That's like glass. Almost a shame to put it on the bike. LOL.

"Honda VFR...turning riders into mechanics"

How much you've learned, the last couple years. LOL. Not including life and school. I bet you'll have all of that on, and finger prints wiped off, in under 1.3 hrs.

:biggrin:

+1.gif Thanks! It only took me 3 hours to take everything off. +1.gif

• Member Contributer
+1.gif ABsoLUUUTLY F^(#ING gorgeous. AND seeings how I live in Albuquerque too, I will be looking Mr. Fox up to see about fixing the little stuff on my '97. My kid brother owns one of the best rod shops in the country (HOTRODCONSTRUCTION.COM) smile.gif BUT he's in Greenville SC. sad.gif Trust me, what you're looking at is VERY hard to do.

• Member Contributer

Be very careful putting that vinyl on. I kinda hope it's a subtle stripe, cause I wouldn't want it to ruin that FANTASTIC paint! Holy crap, get that assembled!

• Member Contributer
VERY NICE!!! Once you get it back together we'll have to get all the ABQ guys to meet up and go for a ride.

Action

Sounds like a plan, I wonder how many of us there are....

• Member Contributer

What's with all the shiny pieces of red plastic on the ground... where's the bike? :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Have you made 100% sure the guy is a person holding a US passport?

That the equipment he uses is "Made In America"?

And the paint doesnot come from some nasty overseas country?

Don't want any of that money go abraod do we now? :blink:

:goofy: :cool:

Nah, fantastic job!!!

PS: many years ago, the Customs agent at Boston Airport asked me if my visit was business or pleasure. Business. What kind of buiness? Am here to train US collegues.

"Why can't an American provide this training".........

• Member Contributer
:goofy: ABsoLUUUTLY F^(#ING gorgeous. AND seeings how I live in Albuquerque too, I will be looking Mr. Fox up to see about fixing the little stuff on my '97.

Just say "Shawn" sent you when you stop by. He's a very easy going guy. :fing02:

Be very careful putting that vinyl on. I kinda hope it's a subtle stripe, cause I wouldn't want it to ruin that FANTASTIC paint! Holy crap, get that assembled!

No worries there. I am going to have him put the stripes on the solo seat cover first to get the over all effect. If it looks good then we go from there. If not, then he can pull the stripes easily and leave it as she is now. He covered all the bases to make sure I am getting what I want.

VERY NICE!!! Once you get it back together we'll have to get all the ABQ guys to meet up and go for a ride.

Action

Sounds like a plan, I wonder how many of us there are....

+1.gif So far I know of 3. wink.gif

What's with all the shiny pieces of red plastic on the ground... where's the bike? :goofy:

Located about 15 feet away sitting safely out of the weather. She's a little embarrassed being all naked right now. :goofy:

Have you made 100% sure the guy is a person holding a US passport?

That the equipment he uses is "Made In America"?

And the paint doesnot come from some nasty overseas country?

Don't want any of that money go abraod do we now? :blink:

:cool: :blink:

:laugh: tongue.gif There was never a doubt my money was well spent regardless of where it ends up. :cool:

Hi All; Very nice work,I have a few comments and questions. Is the red ,Honda red or something that was custom mixed? I am not asking for the formulation or anything like that ,was just wondering. Also are you planning

on putting any Honda decals on the tank or VFR decals on the fairings? Sometimes I see bikes that have no I.D markings and without them they just look a little bit un-finished,but then that is just my opinion. eddie

• Member Contributer

It is a custom red. I liked the new Candy red on the latest run but I felt that if I was going to get new paint I should definitely get something that is totally unique. Ryan pulled up a nice deep crimson red and I was hooked.

As for the decals...I don't have plans at this time to add them to the bike. To me they detracted from the clean aesthetics of the VFR. Call me a minimalist but I want to see my bike...not Honda advertising. Still, I haven't decided not too either. I will put it all back together, complete the rest of the mods and then stand back and see if anything else needs to be done.

Of course, I still need to get the rims sandblasted and powder coated...oops...wasn't going to mention that yet... :goofy:

Archived