Lets End The Color Debate Once And For All!

ShayneJack

VFR COLOR  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Current color:

• White
    • Black (includes flat black)
    • Yellow
    • RWB 25th Anniversary
    • Grey/Silver
    • RWB (older not 25th Anniv)
    • custom
    • and finally Red (blech)
  2. 2. What color would you get next?

• White
    • Black (includes flat black)
    • Yellow
    • RWB 25th Anniversary
    • Grey/Silver
    • RWB (older not 25th Anniv)
    • custom
    • and finally Red (ick)

gallery_5310_933_13796.jpg

That's awesome! I didn't know they had a 'Pick-A-Part' motorcycle salvage yard in the Netherlands!!! And right next to the water too! too bad you're not the LEADING NEXT BIKE COLOR OPTION THOUGH!!!!!

LEAVE THAT TO THE RWB!!!!

(Helps having Skuuter on our side...)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My next would be the 07 Candy Red I think. Still very much in love with that color, soooo classy.

traitor, you should trade your bike in now, and give someone who DESERVES A RWB a chance to own a REAL VFR.

But even I have to admit, that 07 is pretty sweet. UH, I mean, pretty sweet to take parts off of... Yeah, that's it!

• Member Contributer

Wasn't there a green offered somewhere? Canada maybe???

Hey, yellow stands out well in a sea of red...

gallery_1632_3910_786610.jpg

preride2.jpg

gallery_1632_2886_82109.jpg

vfrototiller VFRototiller<br /><br />Who needs a truck, when I have the viffer?!?

• Member Contributer

Where's the option for "Torocharger orange?"

I want a yellow one, but it would overly match all my yellow helmet and jacket. My wife says I'm an eyesore (hopefully referring to my gear).

Dave

• Member Contributer
"THIS" is now the onlyCOLORthat is totally acceptable.....it even makes the "Old Geezer" sitting on it look cool.................. :fing02:

Umm, Day-Glo Green isn't in the poll. :goofy: :goofy:

• Member Contributer
"THIS" is now the onlyCOLORthat is totally acceptable.....it even makes the "Old Geezer" sitting on it look cool.................. :goofy:

Umm, Day-Glo Green isn't in the poll. :goofy: :goofy:

"REALLY".....but how could that be........ :fing02:

............... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Red rider here, and I'd trade for a RWB 25th in a heartbeat. I actually wanted a black one when I was buying, but it was $1K more then the red, so I didn't have to think to hard about that one. I definitely don't mind the red, and really like the way it looks on the 6th gen, but I just think some other colors do it more justice... the RWB, flat black, dark silver... I saw a stunning 2nd or 3rd gen for sale in the bay area a couple weeks ago, white with gold, similar to the one posted above. I was damn near ready to fly out there and buy it myself.

• Member Contributer
Still, I am thinking about painting mine RWB VF1000R style:

imgp0033dp4.jpg

Or the European style like I have on mine:

DSC04480b.jpg

For me it's RWB all the way. The only solid color VFRs I have ever liked are the white ones. The others just don't do it at all for me.

BR mentioned a 25th anni model with white wheels. I must say it looks pretty good but I'm not disciplined enough to keep them clean. smile.gif

25th_anni_mod.jpg

An as for all this nonsense about which color scheme is fastest, just ask yourself which one won the most races and championships. I'll give you a few hints:

spencer.jpg

baldwin.jpg

merkel.jpg

shobert.jpg

• Member Contributer
"OBVIOUSLY".....

AnniversaryVFR-3.jpg

"THIS" is now the onlyCOLORthat is totally acceptable.....it even makes the "Old Geezer" sitting on it look cool.................. :goofy:

I coulda' swore this was....."Nuff Said"

............... :fing02:

Skuuter, you belong to the RWB CREW, so it doesn't matter what color clothing you wear... or how old you are... we accept you for WHO you are...

by the way, just how old are you???

truthfully...

judging by the picture I'd swear you've got my great-grandfather beat by about 6 years...

and he's old

• Member Contributer

25th_anni_mod.jpg

The white wheels are kinda nice, but seeing as how I ride everyday I could never keep them clean so they would just end up being black again. As for the white windscreen... well, let's just say it makes me want to throw up a little... :blink:

As for the color, I love my RWB and plan to ride it until the wheels fall... then after they've fallen off, I'll glue them back on, fix the bodywork and give it a new coat of paint exactly the same as I have now. :idea3: On second thought perhaps glue isn't strong enough to hold the wheels on, I'll use JB Weld instead... either way, I'm sticking with the RWB as long as I can :fing02:

• Member Contributer
Skuuter, you belong to the RWB CREW, so it doesn't matter what color clothing you wear... or how old you are... we accept you for WHO you are...

by the way, just how old are you???

truthfully...

judging by the picture I'd swear you've got my great-grandfather beat by about 6 years...

and he's old

................. :idea3: .......55...will be 56 in September.........I still have a pulse, does that count........ :fing02:

Actually, I'm a ball of energy in real life................. tongue.gif

Or the European style like I have on mine:

I did not know that was Euro only, or is it just non US? Most of the VF1KR I see here are with the blue on top. I like both but taking into account that both seats I have for my third gen are red, I think I prefer the large red middle section so the seats blends in a bit more.

• Member Contributer

Really? You don't have blue as an option in either place?

Really?

• Member Contributer

When I first saw pics of the RWB VFR's I thought they were pretty darn ugly. I was in the market for a VFR and had absolutely no intention of purchasing a RWB but my buddy who is the general manger of a dealership took a RWB on trade and offered it to me at his cost ($7000 otd.) Since the price was right, I decided to purchase it with the intention of having it custom painted in Pearl Blue. When I went to pick up the bike I immediately thought that it looked much better live than in the pics I saw. Now after owning it for more than a month I can honestly say that the color scheme has really grown on me and I have no intention of painting it. The best thing about RWB's other than the fact that they are faster than the other colors is that I don't ever see others bikes like it on the road. I've enjoyed the many convesations I've had with "old school" VF / Interceptor owners that I meet when riding about the classic paint scheme. They always get the same nostalgic grin on their faces when talking about the good ole' days and when they owned their classic Interceptors in the 80's.

Regards,

Rollin

• Member Contributer

:idea3: I'm with you! Grey sounds boring at first, but I like the '08 in grey. I also like the white. I appreciate the tradition of the RWB, but I too prefer solid colors.

Oh, and mine's red. :fing02:

I saw the new (I think) darker grey that they're using on the 2008's. It gives the bike the class look that it deserves. That and I prefer solid color schemes.

these wernt on the list:

VFR750%20yelwing.jpg

VFR750r%20large.jpg

Now those are nice!! Love the F4i sceme on the yellow one!

I would like the RWB bikes a lot more if all three colors were actually PAINTED, not just DECALS...

• Member Contributer
I've enjoyed the many convesations I've had with "old school" VF / Interceptor owners that I meet when riding about the classic paint scheme. They always get the same nostalgic grin on their faces when talking about the good ole' days and when they owned their classic Interceptors in the 80's.

I second this, I get comments often about my RWB and the older ones. 1 guy the other day was admiring my bike and didn't even know Honda still made the Interceptor and proceeded to tell me about his old 80-something Interceptor.

I like all the solid color evenly, but I have seen a few pics done up in Repsol Colors and RC-51 Colors and both looked pretty cool.

The RC-51 VFR is up on eBay right now

I've got a red 5th gen and I'm slowly accumulating spare fairing pieces to get them all painted silver, so I can swap out everything when I've accumulated all the parts (including a front fender and a gas tank) and painted them all. I'll keep the red parts for track days, but I really like how the 5th gen looks in silver. (Available stock in Europe and Canada, I believe.)

• Member Contributer
I would like the RWB bikes a lot more if all three colors were actually PAINTED, not just DECALS...

I don't mind the red on the RWB not being paint, actually wish it were more of a reflecting material, would make the bike more visable in low light riding.

when I started this poll it was primarily to find out which color was the most popular... but after seeing these past few posts, it's good to see the customs coming out of the woodwork... absolutely awesome color schemes being posted here... and yes, I too find myself engaged with people who had the 'old interceptor' and how my bike takes them back... it's an awesome feeling...

well, so long, off to Tahoe I go (8 hours). temp here is 104. should be fun...

shayne

Archived