Lets End The Color Debate Once And For All!

ShayneJack

VFR COLOR  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Current color:

• White
    • Black (includes flat black)
    • Yellow
    • RWB 25th Anniversary
    • Grey/Silver
    • RWB (older not 25th Anniv)
    • custom
    • and finally Red (blech)
  2. 2. What color would you get next?

• White
    • Black (includes flat black)
    • Yellow
    • RWB 25th Anniversary
    • Grey/Silver
    • RWB (older not 25th Anniv)
    • custom
    • and finally Red (ick)

Unfortunately VFRs are marketed to men, and men fear all the really good colors. They like ugly colors like black, gray, and silver.

sshhhhh.... Timmy might hear you...

what I would really like is perfectly clear bodywork to include the tank. In the mean time I will keep my "used to be factory yellow, now flat black" beauty.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the '07 red the best :biggrin: (deep, wet look), prob. why I bought one, the earlier reds we a little too watered down /flat IMO. 25th RWB's look nice when you see 2 or 3 of them together :blink: but parked next to a red one there's no contest, I just wish they put the black rims on it from the factory.

• Member Contributer

Hi-vis green (aka Skuuter green)!!!

Mine's red, and I like red, mostly because it hides the dirt best. If I was into washing my bike often and keeping it pretty, I'd likely get a white one. But that will never happen. Any time used to wash the bike is riding time lost.tongue.gif

• Member Contributer

British Racing Green. I like it on the Brit bikes best but it looks very pretty good on the 5th gen too. My favorite is the anthrocite grey with British racing green lettering on the 675 Daytona or street triple.

• Member Contributer

My fave stock VFR's are 1990 red/white wheels, 2006 pearl white, 2003 pearl white and 2007 RWB.

My favorite VFR paint scheme is mine;

IMG_5157.jpg

IMG_5158.jpg

IMG_5155.jpg

• Member Contributer

That's nice, spotthedog; different, yet reminiscent of previous stuff. I bet you get a lot of comments, all positive.

Shame that many pix don't include the rider and gear - that can make a lot of difference with the overall impression. For example, a RWB with a green rider would hurt my eyes, but dog's scheme with almost any colour could look very good.

Guys,

While this will rage on and on...as bad as which tire or oil should I use {like} I cannot accept the bleck comment re Red...sport bikes ought to have some red on them....... My old VFR has a blemish from the P.O. and not being one to have a scratched up bike a custom finish would not be too far of a reach for me......

Rod

• Member Contributer

Nice, dogg.

Colour-co-ordinated to the point that the significant other can't say "You're wearing that?"

As a bonus, you would look (almost) the same in Black & White!

Archived