Lets End The Color Debate Once And For All!

ShayneJack

VFR COLOR  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Current color:

• White
    • Black (includes flat black)
    • Yellow
    • RWB 25th Anniversary
    • Grey/Silver
    • RWB (older not 25th Anniv)
    • custom
    • and finally Red (blech)
  2. 2. What color would you get next?

• White
    • Black (includes flat black)
    • Yellow
    • RWB 25th Anniversary
    • Grey/Silver
    • RWB (older not 25th Anniv)
    • custom
    • and finally Red (ick)

30 degree satin black here. If I changed it (more than likely, I have had it less than 2 years and this is my 2nd paint job.) I would go with a HOK brandywine (the darker BC25) with this nice root beer/red pearl I have with a marblizer.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
Black should NOT include flat black.

Asphalt Black rules!!

one more outburst like that and I'LL COMBINE YOU WITH THE RED ONES!!!

:goofy:

This is quite entertaining. Well, for argument's sake, here are my three favorites:

a) yellow for a 5th gen

b) Euro blue for a 6th gen

c) white on an older one (sorry, can't tell which gen is the pic above but it sure looks good!)

I almost bought a yellow flawless 5th gen a few months ago. Then, I ended up with ... well, a red one. I know, what were the odds?!?

Another comment, I think that all colors for a 6th gen do not do justice to the aggressive fairing. Someone should come up with a way to take advantage of that unusual look with a two-tone paint scheme. This is only my opinion and, as my wife could testify by my choice of shirts and socks, I have absolutely no taste...

Anyway, I'll keep waiting and reading this thread... :goofy:

P.P-M

my wife could testify by my choice of shorts and socks, I have absolutely no taste...

Anyway, I'll keep waiting and reading this thrread... :goofy:

P.P-M

I agree with your wife, I would've waited for any other color to come along... :goofy:

I'm riding red... would go with either red or RWB in the future. Can't we just all get along? :goofy:

absolutely, you never know when a RWB might need a clutch lever, or a brake lever (michaelf3), I've riden with VFRD members on three seperate occasions, and each time at least one red was present... It's kinda like have AAA follow you around, if something happens, just sacrifice the red one...

I couldnt vote for "used to be yellow and now is flat black" in either catigory.

I'll just take solace in knowing the performance superiority of the flat black.

.....but I have been thinking about a USAF Thunderbirds replica job....................................................

_DSC0171.jpg

30 degree satin black here. If I changed it (more than likely, I have had it less than 2 years and this is my 2nd paint job.) I would go with a HOK brandywine (the darker BC25) with this nice root beer/red pearl I have with a marblizer.

post pics!!!

First off, I'll say I love my '04's Italian Red paint. Esp. when it's just been washed and polished. It dazzles.

But if I were to buy a new 6th gen. I'd go for the RWB or dark red metallic from '07 - or the new grey of '08. I like the other 6th gen. colors, too, but these stand out a little for me. And it's not that I don't like black or white, but I like COLOR on my bike.

Custom colors - Royal blue or emerald green please. Or orange, in the same shade as the orange Kawi Z1000s from a few years ago. Love that color. I also really like theoxmole's yellow 6th gen.

I'll just take solace in knowing the performance superiority of the flat black.

I'm recalling this quote from another topic yesterday...

I will agree with the Thunderbirds theme though, is someone able to paintshop an example and post it on here, might be interesting...

First off, I'll say I love my '04's Italian Red paint. Esp. when it's just been washed and polished. It dazzles.

But if I were to buy a new 6th gen. I'd go for the RWB

enough said... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

awe man, that's right.....the metallic red from the 2007's! Yeah, between that and the new grey....

I'm riding red... would go with either red or RWB in the future. Can't we just all get along? :goofy:

[snip] if something happens, just sacrifice the red one...

Oh that's cold... cold as ice tongue.gif

However you bring up a good point about the reliability of the color red. Seems like they just never stop running. I guess we red riders could lend a helping hand/part to all those broken down RWB's out there. :cool:

For crying out loud?!?!? Nerver thought I was in the company of cultivated men in this thread! Quoting Ceasar now?!? Too bad they won't acknowledge having said that, according to their own words, the reliability of the red ones is much better... :goofy: :goofy: :cool: :wheel: :wheel:

Still one of the best threads I've seen... :lurk:

The red ones are reliable. Without a doubt, I would never go on a ride without one present... It's like racing... You're only as good as your pitcrew/spare car/winnebago. They are the PERFECT support vehicle.

Like a wise man once said... "When there's a shark in the water, don't worry about being the fastest. Just make sure you're not the slowest."

post pics!!!

Haha, well the paint hasn't even cured on the black yet, so you will be waiting awhile for the new color...But you never know, sometimes when I have free time I just grab the sand paper and my gun, and when that happens....All bets are off.

• Member Contributer

Asphalt Black rules!!

As Peter Egan put it. The only two proper colors for a motorcycle are Black and Red. And I don't believe that includes anything but gloss black and some hot Italian red. For what it's worth, the red white and blues are starting to grow on me. I had the 86 rwb.

Asphalt Black rules!!

As Peter Egan put it. The only three proper colors for a motorcycle are red white and blue. I had the 86 rwb.

NICELY PUT VFR CAPT.BOB, I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE! :goofy:

Black attracts less attention(cops) and I've never seen a water hose on it in 40,000 mile, Black looks good with dirt >G<

40,000 miles with no bath? I'm guessing you live somewhere with NO BUGS... This I've gotta see, send pics...

• Member Contributer

Blue. Cobalt Blue. Cobalt Kandi Blue. Cobalt Kandi Blue from House of Kolor.

gallery_6587_2693_137030.jpg

DSC00780.JPG 04 & 84. 20 years of V4

Any questions.

• Member Contributer

"OBVIOUSLY".....

AnniversaryVFR-3.jpg

"THIS" is now the onlyCOLORthat is totally acceptable.....it even makes the "Old Geezer" sitting on it look cool.................. :goofy:

gallery_13384_3885_133548.jpg

This picture clearly shows that a flock of RWB viffers look a bit pale compared to a herd of red ones :cool:

gallery_5310_933_13796.jpg

See? :goofy:

Still, I am thinking about painting mine RWB VF1000R style:

imgp0033dp4.jpg

Archived