Lets End The Color Debate Once And For All!

ShayneJack

VFR COLOR  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Current color:

• White
    • Black (includes flat black)
    • Yellow
    • RWB 25th Anniversary
    • Grey/Silver
    • RWB (older not 25th Anniv)
    • custom
    • and finally Red (blech)
  2. 2. What color would you get next?

• White
    • Black (includes flat black)
    • Yellow
    • RWB 25th Anniversary
    • Grey/Silver
    • RWB (older not 25th Anniv)
    • custom
    • and finally Red (ick)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

The only RWB color scheme I would buy again is if it was either on a RC45 or a paint replica of an RC45...now that is heaven.

Corey

• Member Contributer

The best color is on the bike you're riding. Screw the rest.

100_2875.jpg

redtexgsxr001.jpg

ARK composites RULE!!

• Member Contributer
Or the European style like I have on mine:

I did not know that was Euro only, or is it just non US?

Non-US I'm sure since I recall seeing some Aussie VF100Rs in that same scheme.

wow, surprising results so far kiddies... although almost half of you own the red ones, less than 20 % percent would pick it as their next bike, and the RWB seems to be favorite amongst everyone for color choice. HA HA HA.

I do gotta tell you, after spending a little down time in the local Honda dealer, I would actually put my neck out and say that the red ones are starting to grow on me... I think I just might have to get a red one... for parts...

The only RWB color scheme I would buy again is if it was either on a RC45 or a paint replica of an RC45...now that is heaven.

rvfkleurenschemaxv1.jpg

Hmmmm :laugh:

victorlazarovfk1.jpg

RC30 colors are nice too:

leukstellz2xj2.jpg

rc30kleuren1ia1.jpg

Not a VFR but a nice RWB nonetheless: Special HRC edition Fireblade.

HRC_BLADE_1.jpg

leukstellz2xj2.jpg

wow, in total awe. I think that this bike here wins the poll for most desirable color scheme...

I'd even consider trading the RWB for that one...

or just buy a white one and paint it up...

awesome...

• Member Contributer
Wasn't there a green offered somewhere? Canada maybe???

Yup. I've a 2000 in factory green (G-161P). It was offered to Canada , the U.K., and I believe Australia. It is often mistaken for black.

Wasn't there a green offered somewhere? Canada maybe???

Yup. I've a 2000 in factory green (G-161P). It was offered to Canada , the U.K., and I believe Australia. It is often mistaken for black.

sweet, post a picture please!

I have a red one, but would like to make it two tone with the red and a dark grey. Already testing out the idea as the left side fairing has been damaged, I painted it dark grey after repairing it. Would like to find a set of fairings in the stock dark grey color though. Anyone got a set for sale!! :laugh:

Looks like blech and ick are doing pretty well for themselves :biggrin:

only doing well in the CURRENTLY OWNED catagory... Seems that everyone who had a red one, sold it, and bought a different color. Hence therefore the current majority of red bikes are actually PREVIOUSLY OWNED bikes. :fing02:

What a crappy poll!

What about Candy Tahitian Blue?

(Although I'd repaint mine in cobalt blue - it's even nicer).

crappy poll? New Zealand sucks! I lived in Samoa for 2 years, all our food was imported from your crappy island. so there...

blue is nice, as long as it's got red and white mixed in as well...

Never heard of Candy Tahitian Blue? Post a picture!

No, the black and the dark green colours did not make it downunder. Euro/Canada only.

• Member Contributer
What a crappy poll!

What about Candy Tahitian Blue?

And the 50th Anniversary 800's? :biggrin:

Nice to see an equal spread with the silvers. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

It has become clear to me that all of the opinions expressed here (except those that agree with my own) are deeply rooted in denial. Perhaps you weren't hugged enough as a child, or perhaps you didn't get enough time in the sandbox as a child, but your unwillingness to identify the obvious winner in this little contest shows just how ugly true, deep-rooted jealousy can be.

After two decades of glossy silvers, and blacks, and reds...the wonderful designers at Honda came up with something edgy. It was unrefined, yet clean and undeniably impossible to look away from. Asphalt Black was the pinnacle of VFR design and anyone who says otherwise is simply refusing to look at the facts. What happened after Asphalt??? They went back to using the same old colors. They even recycled an old paint scheme from the 80's. There has, to date, not been another VFR so glorious in its appearance as the Asphalt produced in 2004.

And I won't even mention the increased performance gained by Asphalt paint because that would be just rubbing salt in your wounds at this point.

Stop denying it guys...you all covet the bikes of us fortunate few who have taken possession of this fine example of engineering and design perfection. Or continue to claim superiority. Either way, we'll know how you really feel. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
It has become clear to me that all of the opinions expressed here (except those that agree with my own) are deeply rooted in denial. Perhaps you weren't hugged enough as a child, or perhaps you didn't get enough time in the sandbox as a child, but your unwillingness to identify the obvious winner in this little contest shows just how ugly true, deep-rooted jealousy can be.

After two decades of glossy silvers, and blacks, and reds...the wonderful designers at Honda came up with something edgy. It was unrefined, yet clean and undeniably impossible to look away from. Asphalt Black was the pinnacle of VFR design and anyone who says otherwise is simply refusing to look at the facts. What happened after Asphalt??? They went back to using the same old colors. They even recycled an old paint scheme from the 80's. There has, to date, not been another VFR so glorious in its appearance as the Asphalt produced in 2004.

And I won't even mention the increased performance gained by Asphalt paint because that would be just rubbing salt in your wounds at this point.

Stop denying it guys...you all covet the bikes of us fortunate few who have taken possession of this fine example of engineering and design perfection. Or continue to claim superiority. Either way, we'll know how you really feel. :biggrin:

I was thinking about Asphalt being the best until.....I walked outside and looked at this.....

July4th08-14.jpg

Then realized I was "OBVIOUSLY" making a mistake in judgement.....Quite clearly, "THIS" is best................ :fing02:

the only thing faster than "used to be yellow and is now flat black" is "Used to be yellow and then it was flat black and then if was bedliner"

I can believe a BMW guy beat me to it.

Black-GT-2.jpg

When my other bike gets roadworthy, I am taking off the bodywork and spraying it with wrinkle bedliner. I may or may not plave a BMW logo on the tank (to piss off the maximum ammount of people)

With no Honda logos, people always ask me what kind of BMW it is anyway.

Stop denying it guys...you all covet the bikes of us fortunate few who have taken possession of this fine example of engineering and design perfection. Or continue to claim superiority. Either way, we'll know how you really feel. +1.gif

I was thinking about Asphalt being the best until.....I walked outside and looked at this.....

July4th08-14.jpg

Then realized I was "OBVIOUSLY" making a mistake in judgement.....Quite clearly, "THIS" is best................ :schla15:

skuuter, now I've been on this site long enough to know that you are one of the 'old wise ones' but I have to disagree with you on this one... If I had to pick the ABSOLUTE best color on a VFR, I'd have to go a different path... Now granted, your wisdom and knowledge come from a great many moons of learning and experience, but truly, your old eyes deceive you on this one... Clearly, the best color for a VFR is...

gallery_13384_3885_133548.jpg

06.14.08.d.jpg

never mind the red ones, they are spare parts bikes...

Archived