Lets End The Color Debate Once And For All!

ShayneJack

VFR COLOR  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Current color:

• White
    • Black (includes flat black)
    • Yellow
    • RWB 25th Anniversary
    • Grey/Silver
    • RWB (older not 25th Anniv)
    • custom
    • and finally Red (blech)
  2. 2. What color would you get next?

• White
    • Black (includes flat black)
    • Yellow
    • RWB 25th Anniversary
    • Grey/Silver
    • RWB (older not 25th Anniv)
    • custom
    • and finally Red (ick)

2.jpg

After further review, I do hereby appologize to all the owners of the blue VFRs, they truly do stand out and should have been added as an option on the poll. In further instances, I will humbly ask everyone first of what colors to post, because sadly, I can't change the poll now, even though I would, just after looking at the beautiful bike...

That and part of it matches my bike...

gallery_13384_3885_113257.jpg

06.01.08.a4.jpg

well, at least the nose section...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
I'm riding red... would go with either red or RWB in the future. Can't we just all get along? :fing02:

absolutely, you never know when a RWB might need a clutch lever, or a brake lever (michaelf3), I've riden with VFRD members on three seperate occasions, and each time at least one red was present... It's kinda like have AAA follow you around, if something happens, just sacrifice the red one...

I'm stickin' with RWB. Why? I have no choice in the matter at this point. (or any other) >>> But an '86? GOTTA b RWB.

:unsure:

I also really like theoxmole's yellow 6th gen.

I'm kinda partial to my bike too:

gallery_3392_431_794303.jpg

DSC07096.JPG

See how the red bikes are envious?

Thanks Tim.

I have to say though, that Tahitian Blue paint really gets me. . . I like it a lot.

If you have the ability/means I suggest having something completely different.

gallery_3392_431_52763.jpg

DSC04137.JPG

Bet you can pick mine out of this crowd! The one on the end is OBVIOUSLY a Y2K. :blink:

However, I spent many hours on the phone picking Rivcyko's brain about paying tribute to my old '86 RWB. But then Honda beat me to it so I dropped that idea.

• Member Contributer
After two decades of glossy silvers, and blacks, and reds...the wonderful designers at Honda came up with something edgy. It was unrefined, yet clean and undeniably impossible to look away from. Asphalt Black was the pinnacle of VFR design and anyone who says otherwise is simply refusing to look at the facts. What happened after Asphalt??? They went back to using the same old colors. They even recycled an old paint scheme from the 80's. There has, to date, not been another VFR so glorious in its appearance as the Asphalt produced in 2004.

Save for this Asphalt produced in '07:

gallery_2925_3229_174168.jpg

100_2797.jpg

gallery_2925_3229_51667.jpg

2007asphaltvfrwithbags.jpg

• 1 month later...
I have been thinking about a USAF Thunderbirds replica job....................................................

_DSC0171.jpg

well, after alot of tinkering around, I managed to convert my RWB into an F18. Not the F16 like you see above, but maybe it's a starting point! Still primer grey so we can work on the color scheme...

fastestbikeintheworld.jpg

ever notice the correlation (or lack there of) of mechanical genious and fashion sense?

Just remember that when you see me in my lime green riding suit!!!

no, not high viz green, lime green:

polizei1.jpg

Ive got a suit like that (minus the white gauntlet gloves.) Good suit actually, it is made of goretex and cordura, and is comparable to a 'stich, but at a tenth of the price. Plus it says "Polizei" on the back.

Go to the Catskills, find me. Point and laugh.

• 9 months later...

Hey, what about a '84 GPz color scheme? My mom said she liked the swooping red/navy stripes of the GPzs of that time.

::dodging fruit being hurled in his direction::

But honestly, if money were no object, I'd love to get my red 2002 painted the RWB scheme, and have the wheels painted white while it was in there.

I've been told, but I'm not sure if it isn't just an urban (Honda??) myth, that all VFR's start their lives as RED bikes and are then sprayed in the appropriate colour. I certainly have seen a few (including my own gloss black one) with red showing through the paint along the seam where the fuel tank and the seat meet. Can anyone confirm/deny this story?

I'm starting to see a trend here, the red owners get fed up with their bikes looking... well, red, and would pick any other color but red. Makes perfect sense to me!

WRONG. R157, the original Italian red, is a gorgeous color, very close to Ferrari red; and it looks great in full sunlight. I know, you're just tired of seeing it, shayne. Sorry that you've been overdosed, but some of us are just red afflicted. I mean, after all, it is the fastest color. :biggrin:

I've been told, but I'm not sure if it isn't just an urban (Honda??) myth, that all VFR's start their lives as RED bikes and are then sprayed in the appropriate colour. I certainly have seen a few (including my own gloss black one) with red showing through the paint along the seam where the fuel tank and the seat meet. Can anyone confirm/deny this story?

Yes, at one point of their life all VFRs are red

Duplicolor rattle can Super Red II, but still red

gallery_12942_3936_95592.jpg

Really though, I haven't heard about that myth

No, on the 4th gens only the tanks start out red, then they are sprayed same as body. I've seen this on a 4th gen black, green and blue, all had red tanks under the paint.

• Member Contributer
I just can't believe this topic is still on here. Almost a year old now... Still, the RWB's are the favorite ones... so far...

:comp13:

Yep, dude dug out a year old thread.

Why not............................

gallery_13129_3632_110920.jpg

DSC01891.JPG

• Member Contributer

The RWB is nice but lacking in a big way w/o the proper WHITE wheels! tongue.gif

AMEN brother BaileyRock! Welcome to the Church of Class and the word has been spread by the wise man who spoke the truth. What he sayth and preach, I strive to live by. :fing02: Thanks BR. So well put - JD

gallery_15237_4482_1279542.jpg

100_0726.JPG

• Member Contributer

With no Honda logos, people always ask me what kind of BMW it is anyway.

I know that would be my first guess Timmy. Either that or a prototype of the new 2012 Moto Guzzi "Darth Vader" edition GV12. :fing02:

• 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

My current VFR is red. Red's not my favorite, I like the RWB slightly more than red, but I can live with red.

I have seen far more bad custom paint, than good - I like factory paint just for the quality. Unfortunately VFRs are marketed to men, and men fear all the really good colors. They like ugly colors like black, gray, and silver. If those were the only colors available I'd take a chance on custom paint and get it done in a nice fuschia or magenta. Or maybe pick two colors from my box of fluorescent crayolas.

But since I very much prefer a factory paint, I voted for yellow. It's best color we're likely to get from the factory.

• Member Contributer

If I ever get stuck with a black VFR, I will offer to trade bodywork with Timmy before I paint it.

Mmmm, how about something like the RWB, only with white, hi-vis (Hi Skuuter!) and hot pink. That would be excellent. If their eyes are bleeding, they can't say they didn't see you.

Archived