Forged Wheels For The Vfr Have Arrived

cozye

• Member Contributer

Don't know if you guys have seen this yet or not. I know there has been plenty of talk about wanting nice wheels for the VFR. Check it out..

http://www.forged-wheel.com/News.htm

Kit comes with everything to go to a single nut rear. It's a bit pricey. I can do pretty good discounts on CZ though, so if any of you who have been dreaming of this are interested, let me know.

HONGallery110.JPG

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
Very nice......

:thumbsup:

+1.gif They give the bike more of a luxury look. If that's the look they're going for, I'd put the stock cans back on.

It looks like he for got to swap out the front turn signals (to match the back.)

• Member Contributer

looks awsome!

I wonder how much lighter they are than stock. Or are they?

In any case, I wish I had the $$$... :beer:

• Member Contributer
looks awsome!

Oh, I'm sure they are much lighter than stock. On a blackbird, they are like 4lbs lighter in the front and 5lbs lighter in the rear. I'm sure I could get the weights if anyone wants to weigh the stockers without tires or rotors

Id be interested in just buying the CZ rear wheel adapter.... then finding some used Ducati or Speed Triple sheels and tossing them on there. hot dog! :salesman:

How much is the adapter part alone I wonder?

Guest vfrrider

OMFG, click on the Under Construction button. It APPEARS they are making a RC211V replica? I wonder about that motor?

Cozye, got any info?

Larry

VFRrider

• Member Contributer

I've got an email in to them guys to ask more questions. They don't always respond to emails very well, so if I don't get some answers towards the end of the day I may just end up calling them..

• Member Contributer

LOVE the look of that rear wheel! Have to agree on the decals, though. (Removal or a diff color would have been better.) And, the front turn signals swapped to the clear.... HOT DIGGITY DOG!

• Member Contributer
looks awsome!

Oh, I'm sure they are much lighter than stock. On a blackbird, they are like 4lbs lighter in the front and 5lbs lighter in the rear. I'm sure I could get the weights if anyone wants to weigh the stockers without tires or rotors

That would be interesting to know - if you are buying bling and performance or just bling.

MD

• Member Contributer
looks awsome!

That would be interesting to know - if you are buying bling and performance or just bling.

MD

Forged Al wheels are for sure lighter. There is no question about that. The only question is how much lighter. The Vstar wheels are lighter than the 3 spoke cast wheels found on most modern sportibikes by a few pounds. The 5 spoke VFR wheels I would think would be even heavier than a 3 spoke wheel.

Marchesini has some interesting information in there dealer kit. They claim that their wheels (which weight about the same as CZ's) make a bike feel over 100lbs lighter at 100mph. They claim that guys get an average of 2+ seconds quicker laptimes by switching the wheels. They have a whole series of calculations about the rotating mass, how even 4 ounces can make pounds of difference. They claim that 4 ounces of wheel weight is equal to 1lb of bike weight. I'm sure that is at a particular speed. Guys who have switched over to forged always comment on the quicker acceleration and how much easier the bike steers.

To be fair, I have not tried yet. I do have some forged Carrozzeria's in stock that I am very tempted to put on my RR and try out though :idea3:

Kit comes with everything to go to a single nut rear. It's a bit pricey. I can do pretty good discounts on CZ though, so if any of you who have been dreaming of this are interested, let me know.

HONGallery110.JPG

Gosh, 2500 bucks is a lot of money for that forged aluminum bling. Could be better spent for rear shock or even fo a RC51 or R1 fork transplant......or maybe even a downpayment on a BMW big gun sport bike that will already have the nice looking SSS forged rear wheel. To think that a lot of us already cringe at paying over 250 bucks for an older VFR eight spoker from eBay. I don't think they'd sell to many of these unless they price it more reasonably. JMO

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer
Id be interested in just buying the CZ rear wheel adapter.... then finding some used Ducati or Speed Triple sheels and tossing them on there. hot dog! :salesman:

How much is the adapter part alone I wonder?

Probably only 'guaranteed' to work with their wheels. The only other wheel I know of that clears the VFR800's rear brake caliper is the Dymag Sport Magnesium.

Which is also why they won't sell you just the adapter - doubt they want to be held liable for someone putting an incompatible wheel on and then suing them, regardless of how many times they told you NOT to do it.

• Member Contributer

.02 I like them. Would go really nice with all the grill work, I have on my bike.

Okay, I can't be the only one to recognize that the wheel patterns don't look the same front and rear. I like the front, not the back, just my opinion.

If they had some like the 1098, I would love to get a set.

• Member Contributer
2500 bucks is a lot of money for that forged aluminum bling...I don't think they'd sell to many of these unless they price it more reasonably. JMO

Beck

95 VFR

Considering that many aftermarket wheels cost $2000-$2500 without a special adapter for the rear wheel, it's pretty good. Plus Cozye said he could get some sort of discount on top.

Mind you, if you have a 3rd/4th gen VFR you can do whatever wheel you want for a lot less moola.

But for someone with a VFR800A, there is nothing out-of-line with the price quoted. C'mon you guys - someone buy a set and post up !

• Member Contributer
looks awsome!

In any case, I wish I had the $$$... :unsure:

Hot off the press ---

Yes we do offer the kit for the 98/01 model VFR.

This kit includes:

VSTAR Forged Wheels 3.50/17/ 6.00/17

Custom Axle Shaft Adapter

Galfer Front Rotors

Bearings, Spacers and valve stems.

Price $2450.00

Weights 7.8 front and 9.0 rear WOW! That seriously light!

Yes we do sell the rear kits only for $1680.00

Colors Available :

Anodize: Sharp Blue, Satin Black, Wine Red and Gold

Powdercoat: Gloss Black

We also have custom colors for an extra charge:

Hi Gloss Polish (like chrome) $150.00

Custom Powdercoat: White, Repsol, Red, Blue and Silver $100.00

Thanks,

Mark

Carrozzeria USA Inc.

"Arrive Faster"

Phone (310) 719-2271

Fax (310) 719-2272

• Member Contributer

Now how come he responded to your email and not mine ? I better check my spam filter ?? I'm calling them in a while anyway

And yes, I can offer a sale price. Only privately though. It can't be posted in a public area. I've got to find out dealer pricing first.

• Member Contributer

Ok guys,

I talked to Mark a little while ago while I was ordering some other wheels. Mello dude already posted the specs so I won't repeat.

What I did not catch before though and now I know is this..

The kit INCLUDES GALFER WAVE ROTORS..

Thats pretty sweet if you ask me. The pictures on there website do not show the wave rotors, but they are indeed included. I confirmed this.

I've also got the pricing on them now, so I can offer a discount. PM me for anyone who needs more info.

• Member Contributer

Urge to spend money growing. Reaching for Wallet. NO. Don't. Stop

Don't. Stop. Don't, stop. Don't stop . . . . . Ooohhhh.

Yes they are nice, but I agree, alot of shiny to clean. Personally would want a silver anodized.

Price with rear adaptor and front wave Galfers is not too bad. Last set I checked out (no adaptor) was around 25 hundy.

Tempting. I'll kill you if you get a group buy and can set me up for $2000 shipped to my US address.

Don't email me or PM me directly with this information.

Don't tell me about better handling / mileage / feel on the road.

Don't tell me I can afford it and really should do just this one mode this year, rather than a bunch of little ones.

Don't. Stop. Dont'. Stop. Don't, Stop. Don't stop.

Archived