Forged Wheels For The Vfr Have Arrived

cozye

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
Urge to spend money growing. Reaching for Wallet. NO. Don't. Stop

Don't. Stop. Don't, stop. Don't stop . . . . . Ooohhhh.

Yes they are nice, but I agree, alot of shiny to clean. Personally would want a silver anodized.

Price with rear adaptor and front wave Galfers is not too bad. Last set I checked out (no adaptor) was around 25 hundy.

Tempting. I'll kill you if you get a group buy and can set me up for $2000 shipped to my US address.

Don't email me or PM me directly with this information.

Don't tell me about better handling / mileage / feel on the road.

Don't tell me I can afford it and really should do just this one mode this year, rather than a bunch of little ones.

Don't. Stop. Dont'. Stop. Don't, Stop. Don't stop.

Well, it may be easy for you to say no. I can do a discount that is significant for sure, but not that significant.. sorry

>snip<

NO. Don't. Stop

>snip<

Funny, I've had relationships that started with that exact same sentence... :goofy:

Even better, is that four of them still exist! They live in my garage! :huh: :unsure: :lol:

• Member Contributer

Oh, man. Now I can't stop thinking about them.

Was considering going on a diet this season. Ditching the center stand, front to back header / exhaust, and even a new tail section.

Road with a guy last year who is a master fabricator and builds race frames for fun. He's coming over soon so we can talk options, but

commented that for around $500 he can build me a new rear section that should drop around 8+ lbs. Seeing as I only ever ride 1 up.

Now, you go and show me this? Lighter wheels? Now I've gone and saved the pictures in my "goal" file and keep Alt+Tab 'ing back and forth.

Soon I'll have printed pictures on my desk, looking at them all the time. You get what you focus on.

Only thing left is to re-activate the 'personal imbezelment' account, the wife never sees and start saving up.

Lets see, I figure around $5000 should pay for all the mods, parts and fuel for the year. Cheaper than therapy I always say.

Don't stop :unsure:

• Member Contributer
>snip<

NO. Don't. Stop

>snip<

Funny, I've had relationships that started with that exact same sentence... :goofy:

Even better, is that four of them still exist! They live in my garage! :goofy: :unsure: :lol:

ROFLMAO!!! Nice one Seb. :thumbsup:

Anything would be an improvement over the heavy, crappy IMHO, VFR wheels. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Ok guys. There is a lot of interest on these so I went ahead and added them to our catalog. A coupon code is availbe if interested to discount the price.

http://www.shop.superbikestore.net/product...p;productId=714

• Member Contributer
looks awsome!

I wonder how much lighter they are than stock. Or are they?

In any case, I wish I had the $$$... :unsure:

Oh, I'm sure they are much lighter than stock. On a blackbird, they are like 4lbs lighter in the front and 5lbs lighter in the rear. I'm sure I could get the weights if anyone wants to weigh the stockers without tires or rotors

That would be interesting to know - if you are buying bling and performance or just bling.

MD

Forged Al wheels are for sure lighter. There is no question about that. The only question is how much lighter. The Vstar wheels are lighter than the 3 spoke cast wheels found on most modern sportibikes by a few pounds. The 5 spoke VFR wheels I would think would be even heavier than a 3 spoke wheel.

Marchesini has some interesting information in there dealer kit. They claim that their wheels (which weight about the same as CZ's) make a bike feel over 100lbs lighter at 100mph. They claim that guys get an average of 2+ seconds quicker laptimes by switching the wheels. They have a whole series of calculations about the rotating mass, how even 4 ounces can make pounds of difference. They claim that 4 ounces of wheel weight is equal to 1lb of bike weight. I'm sure that is at a particular speed. Guys who have switched over to forged always comment on the quicker acceleration and how much easier the bike steers.

To be fair, I have not tried yet. I do have some forged Carrozzeria's in stock that I am very tempted to put on my RR and try out though :goofy:

My Aprilia has a set of super light PVM wheels on it and the bike turns like it on automatic pilot. You just think about turning and look in that direction and you are there. Makes you feel like you are a way better rider than you really are.

Now that I see all that comes with the kit, I am on the fence about the purshase, especially if we can get a discount. I bought my 8 spoke wheel new for around $600 plus another $100 for powder coating. That's close to half the purchase price for a set of wheels that will change the shape of the bike, seems cheap to me. Besides, motorcycles are my passion, so if I have to blow my money somewhere, this a good place.

gallery_3190_2543_81302.jpg

Clarkie Aprilia

• Member Contributer
gallery_3190_2543_81302.jpg

Clarkie Aprilia

That is one sweet ride man! :thumbsup:

Thanks :thumbsup: I got real lucky on this one as I would have never paid what he did to have the bike built :blink:

• Member Contributer
Gulp :blink:

PM sent

Tony, aside from the performance benefits, they will look super sweet on your blue bike!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's what I am afraid, er uh, thinking too. Alright, who are you working for and how did you get this number?

Now I am getting cold chills and sweats thinking, "how do I hide a $2500 credit card charge from the boss?".

Stop teasing me, don't push, I'll um, maybe, ur um, could do it, um. Oh and the Canadian dollar is so strong right now, it's like getting them at a discount.

Okay, Okay, let me ask you all this, just hold on now, okay. "IF" I decide to go, do I go with satin black, sharp blue or pay the extra for silver?

gallery_6587_2693_137030.jpg

DSC00780.JPG 04 & 84. 20 years of V4

God, I always cave to peer pressure. Please, where is that little, good angel that should appear over might right shoulder?

Even if I did go, riding season is not for another 45+ days. Then there's all that cleaning, finding someone to mount the tires,

not to mention having to head to the Kootenays and go south of the border to pick them up.

Afterall, I'm sure you wouldn't ship them all the way to me in Canada . . . . . . would you? Na, don't even ask. You know what will happen.

Where's my meds. :blink:

• Member Contributer

I vote for satin black! As for shipping to Canada I can take of that for you I just live around the corner from a UPS store :blink:

I think I agree with Bailey, they are a little too busy and look like a car's rim. Are you sure you didn't get those from a Chrysler? wink.gif Just kiddin, to each his own. :blink:

About half the number of spokes and they would look more like OZ rims. Good luck cleaning those suckers.

It does add a bit of Pimpness to the Viffer's look though. :P

• Member Contributer
About half the number of spokes and they would look more like OZ rims. Good luck cleaning those suckers.

Cleaning 'em would be a pain - One on my biggest bitches about the rear wheel is the brake rotor is centered in the middle of the wheel. Clean and polish your rear wheel nice and pretty and one short ride the damn brake dust screws up your hard labor clean and polish job. <_<

MD

• Member Contributer
I vote for satin black! As for shipping to Canada I can take of that for you I just live around the corner from a UPS store :blink:

Oh you are a funny one. For the rest of you, I'll have a new post up soon regarding cross border shipping.

Ooohhh, my sides hurt. Stop, I can't take it, no wait, I'm laughing so hard I have to pee. Stop! :blink: :goofy:

I agree on the 'if there were half as many spokes' issue and will seriously consider this before diving. Must control urge.

Is there "any" other manufacturer of light, aftermarket rims for a 6th gen VFR? On the site Coyze linked showed another style, with half the spokes for a different ride.

This too is why I would prefer not to get a mirror finish. Satin silver or black, keeping the 'bling' level down and the performace, clean look up.

I do put effort into cleaning the bike, but not as much as some. I'd rather ride a little dirty than constantly be cleaning. I'll check out a show but not looking to enter.

Nudge, Nudge, know what I mean, wink, wink. Hey, Hey, does she go?

• Member Contributer

Cleaning 'em would be a pain - One on my biggest bitches about the rear wheel is the brake rotor is centered in the middle of the wheel. Clean and polish your rear wheel nice and pretty and one short ride the damn brake dust screws up your hard labor clean and polish job. <_<

MD

Cleaning them will be the least of my worries, especially when you look at the performance and handling differences :thumbsup: I am leaning toward the black, I just about have talked myself into them :blink:

Cleaning them will be the least of my worries, especially when you look at the performance and handling differences :thumbsup: I am leaning toward the black, I just about have talked myself into them :blink:

So true, and you're better off than some of us, being that you can turn that 8-spoker around for more than a stock wheel...

I'm wondering though, if it's cheaper to buy the adapter, a Triumph rear wheel(that's what the adapter is based off of), and a CBR F4 front(same rotor pattern as VFR)??

Edit - that's assuming a CZ - Triumph wheel will clear the VFR caliper. :joystick: sigh.

• Member Contributer

So true, and you're better off than some of us, being that you can turn that 8-spoker around for more than a stock wheel...

No, I'm just a tightwad in other areas of my life, so I can make purchases like this. Besides I come home to an empty house everyday, so my bikes are my outlet.

I just wanna know about Seb's 4 sex slaves in the garage. :blink:

What do you want to know? They're relatively low maintenance, and they can go all day long... :blink:

Archived