Please Help Me With My Senior Research Project.

Guest Gap Trash

Guest Gap Trash

I have all of the questionnaires that I need! Thanks to everyone that helped me show my professor that I could get 100 people on the internet to fill out a questionnaire and send it back. Thanks very much again!!!

First off just let me say thank you for everyone that is going to take this questionnaire and help me. I have to turn 100 of these in. Please feel free to post the questionnaire on other forums or send them to friends.

Intructions

Copy and paste the questionnaire into your E-mail. Select the answers by putting an (X) in the box or providing the answer where there is a line. When completed Email the questionnaire to me at andrewhicks1982@gmail.com Please feel free to PM me or E-mail me with any other questions. Thank you again.

Andrew

The purpose of this research is to find the attitude of motorcycle riders towards safe riding. There are no right or wrong answers. Please respond to each statement with the answer that best describes your situation. Your frank and sincere response is very important. Your participation is totally voluntary; you do not have to participate if you do not wish to. Please do not put your name anywhere on this questionnaire. All responses will be kept confidential. Thank you for your participation.

1) Are you licensed to operate a motorcycle? ( )Yes ( )No

2) How many years have you been licensed to operate a motorcycle? _________.

3) Do you carry liability insurance on your motorcycle?

( ) Yes ( ) No

4) Which of the following best describes the motorcycle(s) that you own?

( ) Sport bike ( ) Touring Bike ( ) unknown

( ) Cruiser ( ) Dual sport

5) How many miles would you say that you ride in a given year?

( ) Less than 5,000 ( ) 10,000-19,999 ( ) 30,000-39,999

( ) 5,000-9,999 ( ) 20,000-29,999 ( ) 40,000 or more.

6) Are you in favor of laws requiring the use of a helmet while operating a

motorcycle?

( ) Yes ( ) No

7) Do you personally prefer to use a motorcycle helmet?

( ) Yes ( ) No

8) Have you completed a motorcycle safety course?

( ) Yes ( ) No

9) Do you ride at night?

( ) Yes ( ) No

10) Do your riding partners wear helmets?

( ) Yes ( ) No

11) As of your last birthday, how old are you? ________.

12) What is your highest completed level of education?

( ) Some High School ( ) Associates Degree ( ) Post Graduate Degree

( ) Completed High School ( ) Bachelors Degree

13) Which of the following best describes your annual income…

( ) Less than $30,000 ( ) $70,000-$89,999 ( ) More than $150,000

( ) $30-000-$49,999 ( ) $90,000-$119,999

( ) $50,000-$69,999 ( ) $120,000-$149,999

14) Does your state have a mandatory helmet law?

( ) Yes ( ) No

15) If your state does not have a mandatory helmet law, would you say that you wear a

helmet….

( ) All of the time ( ) Most of the time ( ) Sometimes ( ) rarely, or never

16) Do you agree with the following statement? “Motorcyclists who choose to ride

without a helmet should have to carry medical insurance, so that in the case of an

accident their medical financial responsibilities do not become a burden to others.”

( ) Yes ( ) No

17) What is your current marital status? Please choose the most appropriate answer.

( ) Single Never Married ( ) Divorced or Separated

( ) Married ( ) Other

18) Do you have child?

( ) Yes ( ) No

18a) If your children chose to ride motorcycles, would you support that decision?

( ) Yes ( ) No

19) Have you ever been involved in a motorcycle accident? If no skip to question

number 22.

( ) Yes ( ) No

20) Were you wearing a helmet at the time of your accident?

( ) Yes ( ) No

21) If you were not wearing a helmet at the time of your accident, did the

accident change your mind about wearing helmets in the future?

( ) Yes ( ) No

22) Have you ever witnessed a motorcycle accident?

( ) Yes ( ) No

I've gotten about 20 back already!!! One thing, please do not put your name anywhere on the survey, it is supposed to be anonymous. I know that most peoples E-mail addresses give them away. Sorry to complain, but my teacher is super picky. As you will notice question number 18 reads "Do you have child?" He insisted that this was the right way to word the question and would not let me word it "children"

I'm from Belgium, so I don't know if this counts...But you've got mail! smile.gif

edit: My name doesn't matter, it's just my first name, so I could be anybody.

I see no reason that cyclists from other countries can't participate, I think the only question that would be thrown off is the one about income. Please feel free to fill one out regardless of where you are from.

Sent it in...

I'd like to see the overall results, if no one is opposed to it, not saying who they came from, but just a "11 people said yes and 8 said no to #1) and so on ...

Sent it in...

I'd like to see the overall results, if no one is opposed to it, not saying who they came from, but just a "11 people said yes and 8 said no to #1) and so on ...

After I get all of the data processed I will be posting results, not just how many answered what to a certain question but also cross tabulations such as "People that said (a) were also likely to be (B)

Archived