The Flaf In Germany!

001a.jpg

Today I was fortunate to get to meet Dutchy and V4 Rosso from VFRD. As you know Dutchy is the current holder of the Flaf, he was kind enough to ride down to Spangdahlem with V4 Rosso so we could sign the Flaf. It was a really nice visit from those two guys, and hopefully I will ride up the the Netherlands to visit them someday in the future.

The 3 VFRs

004a.jpg

V4 Rosso signing the Flaf with Dutchy looking on

005a.jpg

V4 Rosso signing the Flaf with Dutchy looking on

006a.jpg

Dutchy proudly "Flying" the Flaf!!!

010a.jpg

• Member Contributer

Well, here are some more pictures (some more of the same....)

Filling up the thirsty beasts in Belgium:

HPIM4845.jpg

Take off!!!!

HPIM4847.jpg

The Cook himself!

HPIM4849.jpg

"Yeah this baby fires a zillion rounds per second....."

HPIM4853.jpg

Was good to see you Doug!

Your 4th Gen looks the bizniz with that Fireblade front end :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Nice aircraft shots too! My favorite, the F-15 Eagle fighter/bomber, even though they are ancient, and my wife's fav - the A-10 Warthog tank killer together in one shot. Then the F-111 and F-4, niether of which are as fast as the VFR. Can you tell we are an Air Force family? +1.gif Thanks for the shots!

Nice aircraft shots too! My favorite, the F-15 Eagle fighter/bomber, even though they are ancient, and my wife's fav - the A-10 Warthog tank killer together in one shot. Then the F-111 and F-4, niether of which are as fast as the VFR. Can you tell we are an Air Force family? +1.gif Thanks for the shots!

Cool, I have crewed the following aircraft in my Air Force career ( in order first to current)

F-111 Cannon AFB 1991-1994

U-2 Osan AB Korea 1994-1995

A-10 Davis-Monthan AFB 1995-1998

C-141 McChord AFB 1999

C-17 McChord AFB 2000-2001

F-15 Nellis AFB 2001-2005

A-10 Osan AB Korea 2005-2006

A-10 Spangdahlem AB Germany 2006-???

I enjoyed the F-111's and the F-15's the most, the A-10 is a close second.

Thanks again Dutchy and V4 Rosso!!!!! I had a great time today. It was cool to spend some time with some real motorcycle riders, instead of the Harley riders that populate the base!!! V-4's rule!!!!!!!! Hopefully your ride home was more fun than riding the superslab on the way down here. You guys are welcome down here anytime and I promise you won't have to eat at Burger King next time (unless you really want to)!!!!! I'll cook for you guys, and show you what real american food is all about!!!

P.S. my wife quite enjoyed meeting and talking with you while you were here as well.

• Member Contributer

Cool, I have crewed the following aircraft in my Air Force career ( in order first to current)

C-141 McChord AFB 1999

Cool,

When I was a kid we lived in Bitburg AB during the 60's and I make it back to Germany every couple of years.

Great work, and great to see three classic VFRs together. Nice shots of the aeroplanes too : )

Thanks for having us over Doug, nice to meet you and your family.

Plenty of VFRs in Germany but it's a rare sight to see two red 4th gens, one with a US plate and the other Dutch. :rolleyes:

usanddutchplate1872pq3.jpg

Yeah the bugs were out flying too.

As mentioned in an other thread we would take one of the fighters out to the drag strip. Well I got close but the open exhaust on that thing is just to loud and I had to roll of the throttle. Also it got airborne before I could pass it but i did manage to get this shot :goofy:

overtakinganf161887dc4.th.jpg

We were also witness of the shooting of a movie about a new comic strip superhero. He's supposed to be stronger than superman, faster than batman, stickier than spiderman. His name? Flafman!

Here's sneak preview

flafmanani2vm6.gif

• Member Contributer
I can't wait to see the whole film of "Flafman" this little trailer has me quite intrigued!!!!!

well..... the FLAf is on its way to the USA, so it is up to the VFRD at Laguna Seca to get Nicky (who? :P ) to wear it on his victory lap :thumbsup:

Rossi 2nd, Stoner 3rd :rolleyes:

Moved as requested, now send that thing to Miguel posthaste. It might take a while to get here and we want it available for Laguna Seca in less than 2 weeks. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Moved as requested, now send that thing to Miguel posthaste. It might take a while to get here and we want it available for Laguna Seca in less than 2 weeks. :thumbsup:

Glad you liked the pictures....

The cheque FLAF is in the mail as promised 1st thing this morning; sorry that our postal service is not open on Sunday nite. :P

As for the transit time, if only a Californian based member going to Lagun had stepped up to the plate we could have gained a few days. Now it is on its merry way to Colorado where is must arrive no later than the 17th....

ins'Allah!!!

(maybe not a good phrase to use while sending a package to the US...... :rolleyes: )

After a month of lots of rain (once had close to 3" in 24h) Dutchy had picked just the perfect day to ride to Germany, lots of sunshine, nice one Dutchy :rolleyes:

A quick call to Doug who was excavating for WWII stuff nearby.

gallery_5310_3176_53538.jpg

Rode to Spangdalem AB to take some nice shots of some fast machinery.

gallery_5310_3176_30860.jpg

SP is short for speed

gallery_5310_3176_98897.jpg

Doug, Dutchy

gallery_5310_3176_3097.jpg

Flafsigning is serious business.

gallery_5310_3176_101084.jpg

Very nice display of fighters they have there.

For the return to Holland I had loaded a twisty route through the Eifel into the GPS that we unfortunately had to cut short due to roadblocks. So lots of interstate miles on the way home and because of heavy traffic on some sections, the flaf got to do some good old lanesharing.

• Member Contributer

Good stuff. Thanks to the Flaff I have been to Spangdahlem. And could actually see my siggy on one of the pics

Must say I thoroughly enjoyed the visit. To paraphrase a corny saying "Hands across the World" but it's true isn't it?

:thumbsup: Happy days.

• Member Contributer

Very nice set of classic VFRs. I especially love the red seat on the 3rd gen!

• Member Contributer
Nice aircraft shots too! My favorite, the F-15 Eagle fighter/bomber, even though they are ancient, and my wife's fav - the A-10 Warthog tank killer together in one shot. Then the F-111 and F-4, niether of which are as fast as the VFR. Can you tell we are an Air Force family? :unsure: Thanks for the shots!

C-141 McChord AFB 1999

Cannon AFB has to be the worst place I ever had to go.

My Brother and his wife just left Spangdahlem last year. Ammo geeks.

• Member Contributer

It's a pity I did not know about that event - I was in Garmisch-Paterkirchen for BMW days'07 06-08.07.07, prior rode some passes in the Dolomites, and then rode to Koblenz/Rhein valley and down along Mosel to Trier and further to Baden-Baden and Freiburg(Schwarzwald) for several days. Then back home via Furka and autobahn Insbruck-Salzburg-Vienna. I would love to join you. To miss such a chance!...

Archived