Official 13Th Annual Texasmac Event Thread 2016

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
On May 9, 2016 at 5:58 PM, Baileyrock said:

I always try to avoid that ZOO, especially on weekends! 

From PirateBen's photo, it's gotten exponentially WORSE!  Crowds and The Gap don't mix well. 

• Member Contributer

Thanks to Gradus, I was able to to ride around (NC, SC, GA, AL, TN) prior to attending TMAC proper.

Rode from Skuuter in TN north on Thursday and found the Gap pretty empty so got 2 runs in before checking in the Microtel.

So yeah, if one can avoid the Saturday on the Gap, that is probably a wise thing to do.

So many other nice roads out there...

• Member Contributer

I'm not finding the event link any more. I might attend, but I'd likely have other lodging arrangements.

2 hours ago, SCguy said:

I'm not finding the event link any more. I might attend, but I'd likely have other lodging arrangements.

There's always the option to split a room. That is what I do to keep costs down.

• Member Contributer
On 4/28/2016 at 8:59 PM, Rice said:

OK. So, now, that this damn place is finally up and running, I am registering.

Look out, ya hooligans.

Yo D, not sure what my travel plans are going down yet. Send me a message with your cell if you want to cut costs by 50%. Austin

• Member Contributer

Is anyone bringing a tire changer/balancer again this year? I have a set of Q3's i'd like to run, but getting them changed before is iffy now..ugh

• Member Contributer
22 minutes ago, AaronB said:

Is anyone bringing a tire changer/balancer again this year? I have a set of Q3's i'd like to run, but getting them changed before is iffy now..ugh

Working on it but cannot confirm yet.

Well I was about to give it up especially when VFRD went down, BUT things are falling into place despite my lack of enthusiasm. :unsure:

Beer is locked in - just need it picked up and returned  :beer:

T-shirts are coming together and should be shipped to the motel on time  :squid:

Working on Dinner  :comp13:

Guess CC is MC'ing solo:schla15:

Creeping up to 40 attendees.  :cheerleader:

BR

• Member Contributer
6 minutes ago, Baileyrock said:

Guess CC is MC'ing solo:schla15:

BR

I am calling on guest speakers from the audience to prove how easy what Timmy and I do every year really is.
We will have drawings to come up and present the next drawing....or something like that.

And if when things slow down we will have Baily come up and do his impression of Norm McDonald doing Burt Reynolds...errr doing an impression of Burt Reynolds.

Seriously I am fine with sitting and participating in receiving gifts this year if anyone else wants to bring a Mr Microphone and run the drawings. 

• Member Contributer

I can pick up the beer on Thursday @ noon if you need me too. I doubt I can return the empties unless I can load them up early Sunday morning and drop them on my way back through Asheville later Sunday afternoon. (We're leaving early Sunday morning, then coming back to the area to ride dualsports Sunday-Wed.)

3 hours ago, zeer0 said:

I can pick up the beer on Thursday @ noon if you need me too. I doubt I can return the empties unless I can load them up early Sunday morning and drop them on my way back through Asheville later Sunday afternoon. (We're leaving early Sunday morning, then coming back to the area to ride dualsports Sunday-Wed.)

That works for me! :beer:

I believe that in Timmy's absence the rules clearly state that Sean Burns is the incumbent. His wit is faster than most even Though he likes the Bruins. Burns will provide the sidekick status to Carver that we all need. He may even challenge the Georgia native to a sword fight of epic proportion..... Burns it is!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, timmythecop said:

well he aint using MY sword

1233569_10202049095848674_1726600409_n.j

Looks like something out of a B movie.

• Member Contributer

Well as usual am the early bird. Just rolled in a few hours ago to the cabin. Bikes unloaded and beers being drunk. Weather looks nice the next couple of days if a tad cool. But hey better than the snow forecast for home tomorrow.

Anybody else here - I am on the Aprilia and wife is on a yellow Yami FZ6R if anybody sees us rolling around.

:beer::wheel:

• Member Contributer

The wife and I will be in the Robinsville area tomorrow through Wednesday. She on her Hawk GT and me on our CBR F3 Smokin Joe's. Flag us down if you see us.

Archived