• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
12 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

It can land at 150 whp if you throw enough correction at it

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The bike gets dropped off (during the week) , DynoJet tunes it and then it gets picked up, looking at between $350-400 for the custom fuel maps, I expect to get the 2 PC3 fuel map files and the DynoJet power curve graphs, nobody is playing any games here?

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

emoji192.png

The numbers are going to be the numbers, that's it, then I will post the DynoJet results and take the praise or the punishment, it's all the same to me ?

So after a re read, yes I'm bored.    I kinda get he is in Geo. but the profile has him in Wa. then read he's on a contract job wise?   IDK.     I get it that folks move around but to have time to fiddle with the bike yet works too from?   ???????? reason I'm re throwing this, out side the fact I have nothing better to do at the moment,  If he's back here in Wa. like it first read,  I will offer up a time and place to go ride  ;) Then we'll know.   but then there's this in Fl.  later, as  find it hard to believe there isn't another dyno closer to your Geo. location.  if and when bro, if and when. SMH

• Member Contributer
41 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

So when and where (date and shop) is it being dropped off at?

Perry's Performance Dublin, GA 

once I get finished wrenching on the bike and it's too cold to ride?

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

So there is the where. That's a pretty blurry when though....

I'm thinking get it as perfect as possible with everything and then drop it off in January for final ECU fuel mappings, should be worth the wait?

• Member Contributer

French law used to (?) limit engine power to 100PS across the board, hence the separate French-spec versions of powerful models (even the 1992 NR RC40 came in a special French version, the RC41).  The German motorcycle market is also fairly docile.  It is (was?) common practice for German buyers to have their bikes voluntarily restricted (and certified) in order to qualify for lower insurance premiums.  Only Brits and Americans seem to regularly demand full power everything.  Honda factory documentation also indicates that the '98-'99 German-spec RC46s were down on power, compared with "standard" models sold in other markets.  Perhaps this was the "VW Diesel scandal" of the '00s, with Honda Europe deceptively selling higher power VFRs to unsuspecting German customers... :wacko:

The overwhelming evidence we have seen thus far in this journey of scientific research and discovery fails to support the theory that a German-spec PGM-FI unit is the key to realising maximum factory power.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
59 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

January?! Lol I'm out

Sorry, It's the cost of everything, I can only spend so much a month, meanwhile Ive been really really enjoying the bike very very much, especially the DMr suspension, the final fuel mapping is not going to add much maybe 3-4 whp and cost quite a bit, I can only afford to spend about $400 a month so it can wait to the very end, it's just a pricy number, I estimate the bike will be in between 115-120 whp  ?

...all else being equal...

The air filters should technically be the same if you're doing a proper back to back comparison. Only the ECU should change.

At the risk of repeating myself, another member, Mohawk I believe, managed the figures you are expecting, and went to quite greater lengths than you are in order to achieve them (150-120hp).

Good luck.

Sorry but I can't be bothered to read it all again... Does your exhaust system have a catalytic converter?

• Member Contributer
9 minutes ago, jhenley17 said:

LMFAO emoji81.pngwhat the hell is the purpose for tuning for two different ECUs using a different filter for each?

9 minutes ago, jhenley17 said:

LMFAO emoji81.pngwhat the hell is the purpose for tuning for two different ECUs using a different filter for each?

results ?

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

It can land at 150 whp if you throw enough correction at it

It's going to be tuned at a legit DynoTech shop just like any other bike, I been wrenching and riding this bike and predict it's going to be in between 115 and 120 whp and the Euro ECU G will have a better performance curve than ECU A?

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Auspanglish said:

...all else being equal...

The air filters should technically be the same if you're doing a proper back to back comparison. Only the ECU should change.

At the risk of repeating myself, another member, Mohawk I believe, managed the figures you are expecting, and went to quite greater lengths than you are in order to achieve them (150-120hp).

Good luck.

Sorry but I can't be bothered to read it all again... Does your exhaust system have a catalytic converter?

Yes brand new SS Black Widow Downpipes (fit up perfect) no cat no o2 sensors with Staintune high level no restrictor and PC3 ?

IMG_4197.MOV

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Mohawk said:

I'll laugh my ass off if the German ECU is one of the voluntary 100hp units :)

It's going to boil down to the DynoJet to validate the differences with actual power output numbers and graphs. It sure feels like the Euro ECU is allowing the engine to work harder and faster plus runs cooler. Will be interesting ?

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

It's going to be tuned at a legit DynoTech shop just like any other bike, I been wrenching and riding this bike and predict it's going to be in between 115 and 120 whp and the Euro ECU G will have a better performance curve than ECU A?

Save yourself a bit of coin, install either the Pipercross or the new style KN filter that you have and do a baseline run with the A ECU.  Then install only the G ECU and do another base run.

Whichever of those two ECU's provides the most power right out of the box will then require less time (and on a dyno, time = $$$$$) to tune.

You really don't need two complete maps.

• Member Contributer
23 minutes ago, CornerCarver said:

Save yourself a bit of coin, install either the Pipercross or the new style KN filter that you have and do a baseline run with the A ECU.  Then install only the G ECU and do another base run.

Whichever of those two ECU's provides the most power right out of the box will then require less time (and on a dyno, time = $$$$$) to tune.

You really don't need two complete maps.

I've got time and am in a good location to pre road test the ECUs and change fuel maps make acceleration videos too, but your right just see if there is an obvious baseline difference then go in that direction with the DynoTech session.?

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

I can assure you this bike will land somewhere in between 115 and 120 whp maybe more,maybe less ?

Why not say between 0 and 100000000000000000000 and cover yourself?

Any number basically rounds down to zero.

I'm sure it would only be a few dollars more to do a baseline run, just a power vs. speed graph like they do at dyno days so they don't have to hook anything up, that will show the power curves of both ECUs. If the G truly is better, there's no reason to even bother with the A.

Archived