1 hour ago, JZH said:

I hope this doesn't derail the incredible, fact-based discussion we've been having on this thread, but according to German Wikipedia, the official German power figures for the VFR800 were as follows:

Bj.1998-1999: 72 kW
(98 PS) bei 10.500 min−1
Bj.2000-2001: 78 kW
(106 PS) bei 10.500 min−1

And for reference:

Bj.2002-2005: 80 kW
(109 PS) bei 10.500 min−1
Bj.2006-2010: 80 kW
(109 PS) bei 10.500 min−1

I am sorry, but am I the only person on here that finds it totally effing hilarious that this guy went out of his way and spent $150 on the lowest horsepower VFR800 ECU in existence??? 

AND THEN CLAIMED IT ADDED 20 HORSEPOWER

Oh and by the way nice to see the sixth gen on top ;)

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
1 minute ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

I am sorry, but am I the only person on here that finds it totally effing hilarious that this guy went out of his way and spent $150 on the lowest horsepower VFR800 ECU in existence??? 

But there's a questionable degree of accuracy!

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

The ECU, by itself, does not totally contribute or ultimately determine actual overall whp nor do press release statements for marketing purposes.?

4 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

The ECU, by itself, does not totally contribute or ultimately determine actual overall whp nor do press release statements for marketing purposes.?

THE ECU WAS TUNED FOR A HIGHLY RESTRICTIVE CATTED HEADER AND STRINGENT GERMAN/SWISS EMISSIONS REGULATIONS. THIS GOES AGAINST ALL OF YOUR CLAIMS OF THE MAGIC EURO ECU THAT HAD LOOSER EMISSION REGULATIONS AND THEREFORE MORE AGGRESSIVE TUNING THAN YOUR US ECU. 

JUST STOP THE JOKE IS OVER LOL

• Member Contributer

Bottom line, unless the OP gives side by side comparisons to ECU A and ECU G, without any other mods being done, his claims are worthless! Additionally, doing the headers, filters, etc. and then getting a Dyno does absolutely nothing to prove the ECU does what he claims.

On top of this, the headers would have to go through the same scrutiny to prove his point that they are better than stock headers. We already know they are NOT performance headers, as openly admitted by the builder themselves, so unless a side by side comparison can be done, again what he says has no validity.

At this point I'd much rather have this thread be about time travel, as we could then actually have fun seeing what the Trump administrative has to offer us!

• Member Contributer
57 minutes ago, Duc2V4 said:

Bottom line, unless the OP gives side by side comparisons to ECU A and ECU G, without any other mods being done, his claims are worthless! Additionally, doing the headers, filters, etc. and then getting a Dyno does absolutely nothing to prove the ECU does what he claims.

On top of this, the headers would have to go through the same scrutiny to prove his point that they are better than stock headers. We already know they are NOT performance headers, as openly admitted by the builder themselves, so unless a side by side comparison can be done, again what he says has no validity.

At this point I'd much rather have this thread be about time travel, as we could then actually have fun seeing what the Trump administrative has to offer us!

That's all fine but the overall performance results ultimately  determine the power level achievement and this will be gauged on the final results of the DynoJet tuning deliverables ?

• Member Contributer
5 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

That's all fine but the overall performance results ultimately  determine the power level achievement and this will be gauged on the final results of the DynoJet tuning deliverables ?

thm_phpzPa9Xb.jpg

• Member Contributer

I thought this thread got locked. Getting real sick of seeing this in my feed with absolutely no way to turn it off.

I'm just going to report every post of his until an admin finally says something.

If the guy is genuine, he's genuinely a f-n idiot.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

THE ECU WAS TUNED FOR A HIGHLY RESTRICTIVE CATTED HEADER AND STRINGENT GERMAN/SWISS EMISSIONS REGULATIONS. THIS GOES AGAINST ALL OF YOUR CLAIMS OF THE MAGIC EURO ECU THAT HAD LOOSER EMISSION REGULATIONS AND THEREFORE MORE AGGRESSIVE TUNING THAN YOUR US ECU. 

JUST STOP THE JOKE IS OVER LOL

Except if you know this as a fact you woukt be able to state the particular attributes of the ECU that affect overall power output and could dismiss the PC3 fuel mapping attribute as being ineffective ?

2 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

Except if you know this as a fact you woukt be able to state the particular attributes of the ECU that affect overall power output and could dismiss the PC3 fuel mapping attribute as being ineffective ?

The only attributes of this ECU that can affect overall power are Fuel and Ignition mapping. The fuel mapping can be compensated with a power commander, so Fuel mapping is out of the equation. The ignition mapping would be in question if not for two things:

1.) The VFR800 was tuned (in ALL markets) tune run on low grade fuel, so the ignition timing WILL be very mild.
2.) The VFR800 needs no additional ignition timing up top (where you are making your claims of peak horsepower). Ignition map variances will only effect the mid range.

I have first hand experiences in the ignition map tuning on VFR800's and can attest to you, an aggressive ignition map will not make an dramatic difference in peak hp output. 

• Member Contributer
24 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

The only attributes of this ECU that can affect overall power are Fuel and Ignition mapping. The fuel mapping can be compensated with a power commander, so Fuel mapping is out of the equation. The ignition mapping would be in question if not for two things:

1.) The VFR800 was tuned (in ALL markets) tune run on low grade fuel, so the ignition timing WILL be very mild.
2.) The VFR800 needs no additional ignition timing up top (where you are making your claims of peak horsepower). Ignition map variances will only effect the mid range.

I have first hand experiences in the ignition map tuning on VFR800's and can attest to you, an aggressive ignition map will not make an dramatic difference in peak hp output. 

Every time you reply (to him), you lose.

• Member Contributer
41 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

If the end results is ultimately what your after, then stop claiming individual parts are providing a certain level of performance. If you don't show an A/B comparison, then stop claiming a part does what you are saying it does! Without an A/B comparison EVERYTHING you say strictly has no merit.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP, END OF STORY!

• Member Contributer
7 minutes ago, thtanner said:

Every time you reply, you lose.

Well, you're replying...to a reply!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
4 minutes ago, JZH said:

Well, you're replying...to a reply!

Ciao,

I'll edit my post to be more clear. (there, done)

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

When the VFR goes for final fuel mapping on the DynoJet I will request a separate fuel map item deliverables as follows:

Item # 1 VFR 01 Euro

PC 3 Fuel Map

ECU "G"

Double Snorkel Air Box

Pipercross Air Filter

Black Widow

o2 Eliminator

Staintune High Level (no restrictor)

New (Rebuilt) Stator

New (Rebuilt) Rectifier

New (Rebuilt) Barnett Clutch 

item # 2 VFR 800 01 America 

PC 3 Fuel Map

ECU A

Double Snorkel Airbox

K & N Air Filter

Black Widow Header

o2 Eliminator

Staintune High Level (no restrictor)

New (Rebuilt) Stator

New (Rebuilt) Rectifier

New (Rebuilt) Barnett Clutch

At this point, the Unleashing of 5th Power will be finalized and validated by the DynoJet results? 

So one run with a German ECU and Pipercross filter and one run with a US ECU and KN filter? lol okay by the way, you have a 99 German ECU, this was already confirmed....

• Member Contributer
11 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

So one run with a German ECU and Pipercross filter and one run with a US ECU and KN filter? lol okay by the way, you have a 99 German ECU, this was already confirmed....

All I can say is each step through the various mods have been phenomenal on the test rides. I just got the tank smartphone mount so can make some 0-155 mph videos 

Yes, please go back in time, to your bike when it was stock.
Record the first video stock. 

List the atmospheric conditions and go to a track where quarter mile ET and more importantly trap speed can be properly measured.

Put on one mod and do another run, on video, with current atmospheric conditions and time slips.

Repeat for all these basic mods, one by one so we can see the 0.1 mph variance in each trap speed.

Because all this talk about a possible future video of you hitting 155 is garbage.
I can install my -1/+3 sprocket kit and show you one hell of a 0-180mph video lol.

• Member Contributer
25 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Yes, please go back in time, to your bike when it was stock.
Record the first video stock. 

List the atmospheric conditions and go to a track where quarter mile ET and more importantly trap speed can be properly measured.

Put on one mod and do another run, on video, with current atmospheric conditions and time slips.

Repeat for all these basic mods, one by one so we can see the 0.1 mph variance in each trap speed.

Because all this talk about a possible future video of you hitting 155 is garbage.
I can install my -1/+3 sprocket kit and show you one hell of a 0-180mph video lol.

That's fine but I typically try not to "over-wrench" my bike. Changing out the ECU and the filter for the final fuel mapping is what's planned. The DynoJet is pricey and I am going to pay for two custom fuel map files, it more important those get done right than anything else. I can assure you this bike will land somewhere in between 115 and 120 whp maybe more,maybe less ?

Archived