Tc could have killed me today.

Rsparky

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, Aimbot9000 said:

Still the tc could be more refined with with more levels and a smoother engagement and disengagement.

The bike does not put out a lot of power, no need for any more TC than it has, could easily do without it.

My point is the OP is solely blaming the TC on poor decision making on their part. 

My God, nelix. Or would you rather I call you God, your old and wiseliness? You are so very correct, exalted one. I blame Honda for their engineers making traction control that simply shuts off fuel. Because it does. 

Ahmen. 

• Member Contributer
My God, nelix. Or would you rather I call you God, your old and wiseliness? You are so very correct, exalted one. I blame Honda for their engineers making traction control that simply shuts off fuel. Because it does. 

Ahmen. 

Still unwilling to take personal responsibility I see.

I take responsibility for trying to accelerate quickly. I should not have to "just turn it off" every time I turn the bike on. It's a pos system, and if you really think otherwise, you may want to go ahead and hang up the leathers, because you don't ride. Any bike has enough power to whooly. I happen to like it every now and then, too. 

I think the neighbor kids are playing with one of your yard gnomes! Better go get them! I'm done with this shit. Go enjoy your hearing aids. 

• Member Contributer
On 6/9/2016 at 10:05 AM, Rsparky said:

Oh no, the bike is great, everywhere is great! :rolleyes: I expected more trolling at that other site is all, and left my thick skin at home yesterday. 

In all reality, if you've been on a Beemer, or a zx10, you know our tc is absolute garbage. 

Makes me wonder if I could hook up a relay to the little warning light, so it illuminates when tc is on, rather than off. 

Hang around here. I am not a fan of TC as implemented on the current VFR800 either.

Much of the stick you are getting is from guys who either didn't read you initial post correctly or skimmed the thread after a few adult beverages.  Shake it off or take it with a grain of salt.  Be thankful that you learned something from this and practice in a safe parking lot threshold braking and other safety maneuvers.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Nelix said:

The bike does not put out a lot of power, no need for any more TC than it has, could easily do without it.

My point is the OP is solely blaming the TC on poor decision making on their part. 

Not sure what you have ridden or what you are comparing it too but the glued-on-the-top-of-the-switch-gear-after-thought-of-a-"System" for the TC on the current VFR800 is shit.

Regardless of the level of power of the 16 year old engine design the implementation of the TC system on this bike the electronic version of being ham-fisted.

Sparky already said he could have done things better in trying to get back into traffic but you seem to be unwilling to admit that the half-hearted attempt by Honda at adding a feature to justify the bloated price tag (my opinion only) had any impact of the potentially dangerous incident.

Any further douche-baggery comments from you will result in me simply clicking the ignore button next to your name in your profiile so get a good jab in now while it may be read.

Wow...sounds like nelix needs to take the stick out of his ass. All his repetitive replies make it sounds like he worked on the TC for Honda and is really really upset by your actions. Maybe you should apologize to him instead of the bike or he'll post another comment about someone taking responsibility for something.

hopefully this thread will still be here 6 years from now so i'll always remember who to never ride with if i'm in Nelix's vicinity.

The TC switch on the 8th gen looks like an after thought of Honda (or possibly nelix) that they just slapped on with a stick of super glue.

Imagine Honda built in the TC on a dash, people would be bitching that it's hard to turn it off. While it looks like an after-thought, it is so simple to access and tun it off.  However, I agree on its unsophistification, it engages to soon and a little too abrupt. 

Good to see the last few responses, after the first few responses you got on the first page and continuing into the second  I was wondering if I was on a cruiser site or perhaps even a scooter site, goodness you cranked open the throttle on your motorcycle and that's considered ham fisted why even own a bike. By the way I love vfr,s have owned a 93, o5, and now a 14 which I absolutely love but the Tc pure crap don't tell me I can turn it off I do every time I want to have fun its when it kicks in unexpectedly in a situation that I don't expect or I could have handled easily that is scary.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Tiutis said:

Imagine Honda built in the TC on a dash, people would be bitching that it's hard to turn it off. While it looks like an after-thought, it is so simple to access and tun it off.  However, I agree on its unsophistification, it engages to soon and a little too abrupt. 

That is my point. If TC had been in the scope of work for the development of the bike then the operation of it would be less intrusive AND the switch for it more integrated.

I was giving up hope on the Internet there for a bit. Thanks for reeling me back in, guys. I'll just equate nelix with sun of wolf, from here on. 

Anywho, I will say it's not like the bike is unmanageable without it. Not a h2r or anything. Could be fine disabling, but clicking the button every time, and looking at the warning light, meh. Wonder if rapidbike could work some magic on it. Or I'll probably just deal, and remember that moment next time I want to go have fun. 

• Member Contributer

I came from a ZX10R, been riding bikes for over 35 years. Hope that clears a few things up.

Add me to an ignore list if you like, I'll try not to cry. I'm entitled to an opinion and my opinion is the OP is blaming the TC for poor decision making.

If he relaly feels the TC "nearly killed him" I suggest he sues Honda. Wonder how that would work out?

• Member Contributer

Och aye da noo pal,

give it a rest (or not..... you are entitled to your opinion..)

:-)

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Nelix said:

I came from a ZX10R, been riding bikes for over 35 years. Hope that clears a few things up.

Add me to an ignore list if you like, I'll try not to cry. I'm entitled to an opinion and my opinion is the OP is blaming the TC for poor decision making.

If he relaly feels the TC "nearly killed him" I suggest he sues Honda. Wonder how that would work out?

Suing Honda does work out for at least one company where I ran the operations.  We sued them for stealing our engineering drawings and using our computers to send out technical data to our competitors (weren't they just brilliant?). They decided settling out of court was a nice thing to do.  Honda is like many other entities.  Money and greed corrupts and they aren't immune to it....just to make a point.  The OP is entitled to his opinion without being belittled and hammered.   

• Member Contributer

Reading back through the posts, I'm not the only one who believes the OP is wrongly blaming the TC.

As to whether I think the TC is a POS or not, I fail to see what that has to do with my riding abilities. 

12 hours ago, Nelix said:

OH man you sound so experienced. Congratulations on the big three five. And we all realize you aren't the only one who thinks the OP is just blaming. But you were the only one who made an ass of yourself with the constant pestering. 

Now i'm inclined to ask how many companies you've sued in 35 years since that's your suggestion.

Archived