PRB's 3rd Annual Fall Ride (Oct. 6-9th @ Greene's Motel, Boone, NC)

PirateRiderBen

1 minute ago, zeer0 said:

WOW!  Can't believe you use the excuse of a little rain storm just so you don't have to stay at your favorite hotel.  :tongue:   

Anything to stay out of that fleabag.

However, we just got mandatory evacuation orders....gotta be gone tomorrow morning.  Hell, maybe I'll just ride to Boone!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
Just now, Trace said:

However, we just got mandatory evacuation orders....gotta be gone tomorrow morning.  Hell, maybe I'll just ride to Boone!

See, meant to be.....

You had a room.

Stay safe whatever you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Trace said:

Norm and I just made the decision to cancel.  Too many unknowns, possible evacuation orders for the barrier island we live on, chaos on I-26, rain for the riding days....

Probably a wise decision. My daughter had to evacuate Charleston today. It took her 4+ hours to go 100 miles to Columbia on I-26 and another 3 hours to get to Greenville. Hope you guys take a glancing blow. 

We have to evacuate, too, because Ponte Vedra Beach is a barrier island....water on both sides, and we're in the path.  A glancing blow would be great at this point.  The winds will be bad, but the surge maybe worse.  I'm 4 feet above the mean tide line, whatever that means.  They're predicting 5+ feet.  Ugh.

The Vette and the Duc get moved to a massive, tilt-construction parking garage in the morning (owned by Donis, plans reviewed by me) that puts them out of harm's way.  The house is heavily insured, including FEMA flood....and that's that.  I'll take several bottles of booze, a hunk of brisket from Winn Dixie and head to the mainland.   

• Member Contributer

I hope all you south east coasters a safe passage as this storm comes through. Sending all good vibrations your way.

• Member Contributer

Looked like it was 40% raining when we left and 40% today as well.  Glad to see some of you guys (and Misty) again.  

That Cracker Barrel is much better than the one by my house. :-)

Stay safe and (if possible) dry.

One day of rain...lots of it! Lots of great riding. A visit from the Carver Crew. And so much more. Pics are on VFRD FB page. I'll put mine here when I'm home. Still riding.

2 hours ago, PirateRiderBen said:

Thanks to everyone who showed up and made this event a success!

we will see you next year!

With any luck, that shitbox motel will be bulldozed by next year.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Trace said:

It will eventually crumble under its own weight and incompetence.  No need to rent the bulldozers - like the owners would even pay for them!

8 hours ago, PirateRiderBen said:

I know you will be upset Trace, but the 2017 Fall Ride will not be returning to Greene's motel and probably not to Boone either. 

-PRB

Boone sucks.  I avoid it like the plague because of the traffic.  When Keith asked me if I knew a good way out of Boone to lead the way back to Casa de Carver, I really had no idea.  Because Boone sucks.  No good way in or out due to absurd traffic. 

Marion, VA, home of the Virginia Department of Corrections for mental health treatment of offenders, is a leading candidate for the next locale.  No, we are not planning to stay at the prison, although added security may be beneficial.  Those of us with a few screws loose may find comfort that help is just a stone's throw away.

• Member Contributer

Just puddles in the parking lot from all of us drooling over his sleeper VFR...

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Any  Fusar video's  from the Carvers  ?

Fusar's are scheduled for delivery around December.  They've shipped the handlebar control and headsets so far.  There will be some time over winter to sort out how it all works in time for spring riding. 

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Cogswell said:

Fusar's are scheduled for delivery around December.  They've shipped the handlebar control and headsets so far.  There will be some time over winter to sort out how it all works in time for spring riding. 

Oh crap thought they where delivered .

Glad to see the storm didn't take away that salty love for the place. Hope you and Norm faired well.

We both fared surprisingly well, considering our very short distance to the surf, including other properties in our "portfolios of care and maintenance".  Zillions of trees down, but the towering pines and southern oaks somehow missed us.  Power and cable back on....amazing. 

Too bad the hurricane didn't flatten or wash away the Greene Motel. 

Archived