PRB's 3rd Annual Fall Ride (Oct. 6-9th @ Greene's Motel, Boone, NC)

PirateRiderBen

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Apologize for interrupting the back 'n forth but I had to post the first pic, Blowing Rock (in April!) and the 2nd, Goshen Pass. I do miss the BRP!  

Appalachians 04.05 031.jpg

Appalachians 05.06 006.jpg

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, PirateRiderBen said:

Hooligans, the lot of you. 

Someone make this man a moderator.

10 hours ago, St. Stephen said:

Apologize for interrupting the back 'n forth but I had to post the first pic, Blowing Rock (in April!) and the 2nd, Goshen Pass. I do miss the BRP!  

Appalachians 04.05 031.jpg

Appalachians 05.06 006.jpg

About time someone posted motorcycle pics on this motorcycle forum. 

1 hour ago, 007 said:

Someone make this man a moderator.

About time someone posted motorcycle pics on this motorcycle forum. 

Im not responsible enough for that much responsibility. 

Im just a kid remember? 

:tongue:

No pics but on a motorcycle related note, I rode the VFR today! New battery and it shows 13.9v above 2krpm. So now my dilemma is...I had so much fun on the 500 last week that I still kinda want to bring it. I have drunk the coolaid and I liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Sweeper said:

No pics but on a motorcycle related note, I rode the VFR today! New battery and it shows 13.9v above 2krpm. So now my dilemma is...I had so much fun on the 500 last week that I still kinda want to bring it. I have drunk the coolaid and I liked it.

I seem to recall a nice truck and trailer you own, maybe... Bring them both!

• Member Contributer
On 9/22/2016 at 10:40 PM, Sweeper said:

Imagine what Cogent suspension would do!

On September 22, 2016 at 10:40 PM, Sweeper said:

Well if you folks are the praying type, I would be sending up as many as you can!

this weather needs to stay put! Look at that forecast!

image.png

Doug asked me about ride groups earlier so here's the DL:

Friday: Jason V. will be leading a relaxed-scenic with hints of intermediate pace ride, he hasn't shared a route with me but is very knowledgable of the roads so I am sure this will be a great ride. Everyone else is fend for yourself. Nobody here bites so just hook up with the group going in the direction you want and lets make it happen. 

Saturday: I will most likely be 2 up and will be leading the relaxed-scenic with hints of intermediate pace ride. I haven't determined that route either but I am local so we won't get lost too bad. :goofy:Everyone else will be on their own as on Friday. 

Just trying to get a set ride for those of us who may have less saddle time or just don't want to go too fast. 

So right now hurricane Matthew looks like it's going to make Friday a wet one. 

I dont know what eveyones schedule is like but Sunday and Monday both look perfect. I may consider staying Sunday night and riding Sunday and leaving Monday, to make up for Friday if it's truly 70% rain. 

Something to consider...

-Ben

48 minutes ago, PirateRiderBen said:

Something to consider...

Norm and I are considering that our houses are 500 yards from the ocean and we have people who rely on us.  So....watching the predictions....

2 minutes ago, Trace said:

Norm and I are considering that our houses are 500 yards from the ocean and we have people who rely on us.  So....watching the predictions....

Hopefully it all works out and everyone is safe and can make the ride. 

-PRB

Well folks it's looking like 40% rain Friday and 60% Saturday now for Boone, with some variation of those numbers in the surrounding area. 

Im thinking I'll definitely be staying Sunday night, maybe Monday too. Hopefully the hotel can accommodate. I'll be riding in the area Thursday. But right now I may push my hotel room

back to Sunday Monday. Waiting to see how the weather report plays out through tomorrow evening. 

Of course i hope hope everyone can make it and we can all adjust to this unforeseen act of Mother Nature. 

Sorry for the grim news folks. 

Stay dry and I'll see you all who make it Thursday!

What with SC announcing an friggin' evacuation order for Wednesday, and our route is up 95 to 26 (Charleston) and then to Charlotte, etc.....and being that we don't know if it might come near us, Norm and I are talking about coming up Friday instead of Thursday, leaving Tuesday.....dunno until the storm track is more defined.  Of course, if the "defined" means our houses are gonna be swept out to sea, we might not be doing the Fall Ride. 

Mother Nature is a bitch. 

It does look like AccuWeather shows only a 25% chance Friday and Saturday. 

I got my 40/60 numbers from the Weather Channel

So for now I am sticking to the plan.

hope to see you all there 

Norm and I just made the decision to cancel.  Too many unknowns, possible evacuation orders for the barrier island we live on, chaos on I-26, rain for the riding days.....Calling the lovely Greene motel now so they can rent our rooms to coastal evacuees! 

However, we just might go to Franklin for a few days later next week, into the weekend.  Anyone/everyone is welcome to join us. 

ALSO--NavyHeloDrvr's birthday is tomorrow, Oct 6.  If he and Carver make it in time, make sure you buy him a beer and sing the Bday song!

3 minutes ago, Trace said:

Norm and I just made the decision to cancel.  Too many unknowns, possible evacuation orders for the barrier island we live on, chaos on I-26, rain for the riding days.....Calling the lovely Greene motel now so they can rent our rooms to coastal evacuees! 

However, we just might go to Franklin for a few days later next week, into the weekend.  Anyone/everyone is welcome to join us. 

ALSO--NavyHeloDrvr's birthday is tomorrow, Oct 6.  If he and Carver make it in time, make sure you buy him a beer and sing the Bday song!

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it. But I totally understand. 

We are hoping for the best, y'all stay safe down there.

i don't know that I can make Franklin but if that changes I'll get in touch with you. 

-PRB

• Member Contributer

Howdy folks,

Made a last minute decision yesterday to come to Boone so I loaded the van and tried to get a good night sleep for the 12 hour drive ahead. Got up this morning and checked the weather forecast and decided to wait a bit. Just wondering if Friday or Saturday turn out to be wet how many could stick around until Monday or Tuesday? Next week looks to be perfect. What are the locals predicting for weather?

I'm going to be thoroughly disappointed to miss this but 24 hours of driving for a day of riding would suck :( 

I'm about an hour from Boone and this is from a local weather guru. I'll be staying Sunday night for sure if we lose a day to rain. 

The forecast has changed about every 2 hours for the last 5 days so no one really knows. Latest is saying the rain may come in the night which would be great timing. 

IMG_8581.PNG

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Trace said:

WOW!  Can't believe you use the excuse of a little rain storm just so you don't have to stay at your favorite hotel.  :tongue:   

Archived