Headlight Upgrade Projector Install

fonque

Since I had them off the bike, I thought I would upgrade them. I just started on the install tonight.

I got the Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 kit from TRS.

20151130_235647.jpg

I still need to aim them, then jbweld on the shroud before closing them up.

I got the shrouds on last night, powered them up and aimed them on my dining room wall. They were pretty close. I had to rotate the right projector a little bit to even them out.

I cant wait to get them on the bike.

I got the headlights back together. I added a new line of grey butyl, and heated them up with a heat gun. I used my body weight to press the housings back together. I havent seen too many projector retrofits on vfr800. I find that odd because the housing are so large. There is plenty of room. I didnt realize how much space there was until I opened them up. If I had to do it again, I would have gone with the mini D2S instead of the mini H1 6.0.

20151202_230655.jpg

20151202_233526.jpg

20151202_232659.jpg

• Member Contributer
On 02/12/2015 at 4:46 AM, fonque said:

I got the headlights back together. I added a new line of grey butyl, and heated them up with a heat gun. I used my body weight to press the housings back together. I havent seen too many projector retrofits on vfr800. I find that odd because the housing are so large. There is plenty of room. I didnt realize how much space there was until I opened them up. If I had to do it again, I would have gone with the mini D2S instead of the mini H1 6.0.

20151202_230655.jpg

20151202_233526.jpg

20151202_232659.jpg

Well, erm, I started doing this conversion in 2008...

P1000977x.JPG

Those are OEM projectors, the ones that were copied by Morimoto/Retrofitsource and became the FX-R series. I see that the D2S is even cheaper than the Mini H1.

But yours look great! I'll get mine done someday...

Ciao,

• 3 weeks later...
all done and on the road.

It has a pretty decent cutoff for the low beam and is a world of improvement over the stock headlights!!

The cutoff is slanted because the bike is on the kickstand.

20151231_233427.jpg

20151231_233449.jpg

20151231_233457.jpg

Looks awesome!

But, shouldn't your turn sigs be amber?

Ciao,

They are amber when the turn signal flashes. They are VLEDs switchbacks.

http://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numbers/7443-7440-led/7443-30-wa-6k.html

The bike is all LED except for the FI light in the dash and the HID headlights.

Yeah it's pricey, but worth it to me. The body is aluminum for cooling, and the led's are as bright as the head lights.

Also good switchbacks cost more because of the chip in them that turns off the white parking light when the amber is flashing.

The cheap ebay ones just flash amber over the white, which looks terrible to me.

Wow those come out awesome, love the beam shots. Thanks for the led turn signal insights, good tips.

Archived