Colors, Colors..... Choices..3Rd Gen

keny

So the paint of my Black (sorry Granite Blue) 3dr gen is quit hammered on closer inspection. Needs a respray. So as the stock color is not the best in my opinion I have started to look at choises, and well choises are unlimited if you start thinking, but I has come down to a few..........

I like RWB color shames in general, but the 3rd gen never came whit one. Hard to say what it would look like....

I like the red 3rd gens a lot, even proberly the most comon color. I also like the pearl white whit a blue seat.

For decals I perfer stock ones, but dont know if I would like the 1990 style or the current 1991 style, both look god to me.

I have been woundering of let the belly pan be black, like the 4th gen (and NR750) but dont know if it looks that good on a 3rd gen. What I lately most have wounder is what a Red 3rd gen would look like whit the white wheels (even a pain to keep clean) and whit a blue seat, to in a way get a RWB color shame. I´m dont have any Photoshop software so could anyone could do a pic for me? :unsure:

Would be thankfull for that!

• Member Contributer

FWIW I don't find my white wheels that hard to keep clean at all, and they look so good its absolutely worth the elbow grease... see a lot of comments on the upkeep but my experience differs! Go white!

post-25792-0-77730300-1444209250.jpg

• Member Contributer

Yeah white wheels don't look dirty unless they really are quite dirty & they are easier to clean because you can see the dirt ! At anything over a few paces white always looks clean. Black looks dirty very quickly. Light grey looks clean always.

The wheels will most likely stay WHITE, but would really like if someone could Photoshop me a pic of a RED 3rd gen whit the WHITE wheels and a BLUE seat!
ed4aeba97dbceb379e1f2adab4df3da2.jpg

• Member Contributer

If I was going to spend money on a full respray.......

post-8974-0-44916300-1444222207.jpg

Failing that and recognizing it is a 3rd gen

post-8974-0-04582100-1444222237.jpg

post-8974-0-35946600-1444222560.jpg

nasty MS Paint

thanks mad scientist as dutchy! Looking good I think.... And no, I'm not going to spend big money on a full respray....I just have good connections that I will use

• Member Contributer

I did basically this with some black vinyl wrap and adhesive pinstripe on my ride. It could be very easily painted black on a 3rd gen since I think that is a separate part of the fairing.

VFR Chop 3

Northern Light Blue would be a slight variation. I've only seen one picture of it and it looked awesome.

I have a '93 FP in Northern Lights Blue PB 256M.

It has silver NH 295M lowers. Purple screen (std Honda)

Looks superb IMO

Pic on my hello post.

Thanks for the pic whit black belly opan mad scientist :fing02:

The belly pan is a bit higher than in the pic you made, but yes, its easy to just paint parts in right color to do it.

For the Nothern Light Blue, sorry not my color, even better than the 1990 Tasmana Green and by the way all ROW 1993 modells have a Silver belly pan,

VFR750-UK1993-6a.jpg

The 1993 Pearl Chrytstal White North America model however got a sticker set that differ from all other 3rd gens, By having "VFR750F" text under the seat, the Honda "wing" on the tank and "HONDA" text big on the belly pan, and I have to say I like that

bikepics-2197848-full.jpg

Might me what sticker I chose, but in gold to match the gold colored calippers as stock muffles end.

If I keep stock black seat and just paint ti RED, whit astock sticker kit (but gold, not Silver as stock on the red) it will mostly look like this:

bikepics-305761-full.jpg

Not bad, even I do like the look of the BLUE seat

• Member Contributer

Pure white with a blue horizontal and vertical line, mimicking the Finnish flag?

I think a WHITE whit BLUE wheels as seat would be enough patriotic (and could actually look quit good, MadScientist? :rolleyes: ), Else I could just paint the Finnish flag on the farins, but no, will not do that. I´m not that patriotic..........

But I´m also been told by someone that the fastes color is RED :laugh:

This pic is for MadScientist if kind enough for one more Photoshop?

hONDA%20vfr750%2091.jpg

This is what you were looking for Keny?

Yes, Thanks!

Looks actually even better than I tought it would.....

• Member Contributer

White is a great primer for the final red coat yes!

No !!! :mad:

Paint it in HRC colors like the US version of the rc24

+1

White is a great primer for the final red coat yes!

No !!! :mad:

Paint it in HRC colors like the US version of the rc24

Is that not an RC30 :wink:

Archived