N + 1

ScottyAdams

I have a soft spot for sportsers. Nice job on that one. I agree on your theory and also show my soft spot for V twins in general. I just had this jewel dropped off at my door this morning.

12032150_10207709170587005_8023112728392

I see the flat black has already started on the front fender. Somebody saw you coming.

On a serious note, it is kinda cool in an ugly sort of way. Nice find. Sure to be the only one at bike night.

There were plenty of cx's back in the day in England , a firm favorite with couriers

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Sweet, a motorcycle built by the famous T-Shirt company!

That's far and away the funniest thing thing I've come across all year. (All 16 hours of it).

Gotta love the N+1 theory.

I just wish i could push the practical applications further. Think Jay Lenos garage.

The limits of space and time are a problem, not to mention money. :wink:

• Member Contributer

I have to admit that I would like to test ride a V-rod, the porsche dsigned engine is intriguing.

I tried one once; it's slow.

I really like your cx650. I've had my cx500 for almost 5 years now, and it has been bullet proof. It always starts and runs no matter how much I lax on maintenance or how cold it is. Keep the oil and coolant fresh and it will run forever.

Just have to be careful about the timing chain guides. If they break, might as well get a new bike. That part is getting harder to find. I got lucky when I replace all of my engine seals 4 years ago, they were in good nic.

• Member Contributer

Sportster is the best bike Harley makes .

Saw a groovy Sportster in Woking, UK over the summer

11800129_10207279340201514_8669039515926

That looks quiet.

The CX was known as the plastic maggot this side of the pond.

Not a fan of either TBH.

But each to his/her own

Not a fan of either TBH.

But each to his/her own

It wasnt in the US because it didnt have any plastic. It was a naked bike only here. You guys had the cx500E and C650E with the fairings.

Not a fan of either TBH.

But each to his/her own

It wasnt in the US because it didnt have any plastic. It was a naked bike only here. You guys had the cx500E and C650E with the fairings.

true up to a point. I have a GL, not a CX. Plenty of Gl650s left the factory bound for america with a lot of plastic

here is a stock US market GL650 silverwing

5718d1382983752-1983-honda-gl650i-inters

Not a fan of either TBH.

But each to his/her own

Err no, the CX was naked in the main, some owners did put front fairings and screens on their bike.

It was called a maggott, 'cause it was fugly :goofy:

• Member Contributer

a702a209.jpg

Nothing wrong with a Polaris on a CX......

Or an R45 for that matter......

• Member Contributer

a702a209.jpg

a702a209.jpg

I never knew Freddie Mercury was into BMW's???

Sportster is the best bike Harley makes .

Saw a groovy Sportster in Woking, UK over the summer

11800129_10207279340201514_8669039515926

That looks quiet.

Grrrrrrr! One thing that REALLY annoys me here (and it's probably the same everywhere) is that it seems to be de rigeur for Hardley Ableson owners to have either "drag pipes" or (the latest trend) open headers. And said owners then cruise around, blipping the throttle, revving the snot out of their petroleum distillate fueled posing pouches, as if to scream. "Look at me! LOOOK AT MEEEE!!!"

And it seems that the cops and bike shops tacitly endorse this behaviour by treating it as normal, solely because it's so widespread. Here in UnZud, all vehicles have to have a 6-monthly/yearly Warrant of Fitness check, which would - by its legal provisions - automatically fail such noisy beasts. However, Hardley owners know that the same shops that sold them the drag pipes will happily rubber-stamp their WOF test and issue a new label. And so, the cycle is perpetuated....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived