Musiclover, Now With A Vfr800

MusicLover

Hi all!

I'm deeply into HIFI as some of you guess from my nic.

Linn/Naim/Lejonklou are the brands I own.

Now when most of my kids are teenagers it was time to get a bike agin. (last bike was a BMW 1000cc boxer)

It was hard to decide between VFR800 and a CBR600 but got my hands on a pristine 1998 VFR. Red of course :)

I love the engine note and love the "non VTECH" mechanical sound. :wub:

So...that's me folks!

And finally an humble advice. Skip the iPhone/spotify music and get a proper huge stereo and own records. Why only have a great sound when riding your VFR?

Rock On :musik20:

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from a TEAC, Sansui and Tannoy rider.

Latest album bought, RATM on green vinyl.

Do post a picture of your ride!

• Member Contributer

Hi MusicLover (not Abba I hope). Welcome to the forum.

Great choice of bike you probably have there, but you need to add some pictures to your post to prove it!

• Member Contributer

Welcome Aboard MusicLover! I'm sure you'll find this site one of the best on the Internet, so put on your favorite tunes and stick around and enjoy the show.

No worries - most of us are using a phone or laptop anyway! Looks great!

Hmmm, also my nic picture is rotated....and I tried uploading rotated pics, same result - all are same :wacko:

Solved it!

If I open a pic in a pic-editor SW and just store it (no modification needed), then no rotation, when I upload it to the forum.

Check your personal messages . . .

Thanks! Appreciated.

Pics on my bike now uploaded and this time they are perfect. (look a few posts above please)

And finally an humble advice. Skip the iPhone/spotify music and get a proper huge stereo and own records. Why only have a great sound when riding your VFR?

Rock On :musik20:

Hi MusicLover. I'm a novice rider and purchased my 1999 last year.

I have had Rhapsody since its inception. I am a lover of classic rock and a guitarist as well. Having a huge catalog at my fingertips, wherever I go, has been a great blessing. I recall debating paying $15.99 for an album and the cost is something I do not miss. Yes there are negatives to compressed music, but it has also brought great freedom to the people.

Perhaps you may make a recommendation: My Samsung TV audio makes a low frequency vibration, and I need to replace it with better sound. We have no room for a rack of any sort. The #1 thing I would like is crisp dialog so that I no longer have to blare a show or movie in order to understand the words being spoken. I have begun to consider a speaker bar for this purpose. Any suggestions?

Perhaps you may make a recommendation: My Samsung TV audio makes a low frequency vibration, and I need to replace it with better sound. We have no room for a rack of any sort. The #1 thing I would like is crisp dialog so that I no longer have to blare a show or movie in order to understand the words being spoken. I have begun to consider a speaker bar for this purpose. Any suggestions?

Hi and congrats on the '99!

Regarding the speaker bar, please consider Canton DM 75 (or if you prefer spending more - DM 90). Both are quite decent and are connected with your TV using optical cable.

Good luck!

Hi and congrats on the '99!

Regarding the speaker bar, please consider Canton DM 75 (or if you prefer spending more - DM 90). Both are quite decent and are connected with your TV using optical cable.

Good luck!

Thank you very much.

I do not find any online, but I see these are active products. We have a high-end audio dealer in town, I will see if I can get Canton there. Thanks!

Archived