8 Spoke Wheel

Tews19

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's one on ebay now. Be sure to verify condition with any seller and consider return policies if the wheel arrives bent, rashed or there are condition issues not apparent in the listing. I was browsing ebay in May and looked through the sold listings - there were 7 that sold in April, one for just $80, and one with some rash for $599! Best of luck. Cheers

I can't find one on eBay right now..

An Accord space saver spare will bolt right on!

But that would limit you to 55 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's one on ebay now. Be sure to verify condition with any seller and consider return policies if the wheel arrives bent, rashed or there are condition issues not apparent in the listing. I was browsing ebay in May and looked through the sold listings - there were 7 that sold in April, one for just $80, and one with some rash for $599! Best of luck. Cheers

Was on Ebay, I had it on my watch list.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261952084696?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Member Contributer

If the seller has a "Buy it now" price it may only be there a short time. It may take some diligence - they're highly sought after. Log in, then on your search click on "Sold Listings" and scroll back through them. IIRC 7 crossed ebay in April. Do your homework - a photo or 2 may not adequately document its condition.

• 3 weeks later...

what is this magnetic draw everyone has to the 8-spoke? i get a lot of comments on my stock 5-spoke. people think its off a duc. and i personally think the more minimalistic spoke pattern looks better. personal preference i know, but everyone seems to want to switch and I just dont get it. spend a fraction of the money powdercoating your 5-spoke and it will bring you just as much happiness.

what is this magnetic draw everyone has to the 8-spoke? i get a lot of comments on my stock 5-spoke. people think its off a duc. and i personally think the more minimalistic spoke pattern looks better. personal preference i know, but everyone seems to want to switch and I just dont get it. spend a fraction of the money powdercoating your 5-spoke and it will bring you just as much happiness.

RC30 Envy...

post-13109-0-12578800-1438107159.jpg

Wait, what...?

post-13109-0-57095400-1438107220.jpg

RC30 Envy...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Wait, what...?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

ahhhhh! just get an RC30 too! :biggrin:

67a40ebe06755ed9288753d5c1f828dc.jpg

New shoes for my middle child VFR and white socks!

e35da87dac7a885a255a420b04b4de55.jpg

White socks and Pilot Road 4s are da bomb!

5498038ae53fe45f8038c178077ca597.jpg

All my babies wear white...

• Member Contributer

That is one nice collection! The RWB's just beg for a white 8 spoke - just makes the whole package pop!

• Member Contributer

Agreed! But the 5 spoke looks almost as good when you paint it white.

That is one nice collection! The RWB's just beg for a white 8 spoke - just makes the whole package pop!

post-24302-0-62797400-1438142094.jpg

post-24302-0-64149900-1438142162.jpg

post-24302-0-59350700-1438142474.jpg

• Member Contributer

I just nabbed one recently. A friend is restoring a fridge and the parts bike had a straight one. He traded me for repairing/taking the dents out/welding/making nice a ratty Two Bros lh exit pipe for his bike. We are both happy

jg%20001.jpg

I bought a parts bike just to get one, its still sitting while I wait to wear out my rear tire. $300 for the whole bike, with a clean title and the rare 3rd gen centerstand plus the 8 spoke rear wheel, i couldnt resist. I dont know if id pay 300 for just the wheel, the 5 spoke doesn't look nearly that bad. With a good engine, the titled frame and the centerstand it should be easy to get my money back. Of course i got lucky checking craigslist at the right time, the deals are on there though.

• Member Contributer

I bought a parts bike just to get one, its still sitting while I wait to wear out my rear tire. $300 for the whole bike, with a clean title and the rare 3rd gen centerstand plus the 8 spoke rear wheel, i couldnt resist. I dont know if id pay 300 for just the wheel, the 5 spoke doesn't look nearly that bad. With a good engine, the titled frame and the centerstand it should be easy to get my money back. Of course i got lucky checking craigslist at the right time, the deals are on there though.

Centerstand, how much??

This brings up a question i have since the center stand is mentioned in this thread. On my 5th gen mine seems to bounce a lot. I can here it hitting the lower part of the bike. Is there something i should be looking for to fix this? Hearing ting ting ting while riding irks me

• Member Contributer

This brings up a question i have since the center stand is mentioned in this thread. On my 5th gen mine seems to bounce a lot. I can here it hitting the lower part of the bike. Is there something i should be looking for to fix this? Hearing ting ting ting while riding irks me

My 5th gen does this too... I even bought new springs and it still clunks on bumps, especially parking lot speed bumps...

I love the 8 spoker and I also love some of the minimalist rims... my frankenbike will have 3 spokers when done... the 10 spoker 8th gen are sweet too!

• Member Contributer

I had no idea until I tore it down at the end of 2013, but my '99 actually has two springs holding the c-stand. There's a smaller diameter one inside the larger one. Looks OE, but no idea really.

Or maybe it's my earplugs blocking out the sound.

• Member Contributer

Regarding the center stand springs, yes there are two springs on the 5th gen. Bought mine with no center stand. Found one on eBay for 30 bucks. Spent another 60 on the bolts/springs/misc hardware from bike bandit. They sent wrong bolts.

• Member Contributer

I had no idea until I tore it down at the end of 2013, but my '99 actually has two springs holding the c-stand. There's a smaller diameter one inside the larger one. Looks OE, but no idea really.

Yeah... I replaced both springs inner and outer, still clunks. I'm thinking maybe it's gummed up around the pivots and it never seats fully retracted and it just takes a little jarring to get it to separate and slap back into place...

• Member Contributer

Yeah... I replaced both springs inner and outer, still clunks. I'm thinking maybe it's gummed up around the pivots and it never seats fully retracted and it just takes a little jarring to get it to separate and slap back into place...

Your pipes aren't loud enough. Loud pipes stop clunks!

Archived