The Veefalo Is A Chick Magnet

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

As a Belgian member found out;

one can "pull a bird" with a Veefalo...

He was riding "at a fair speed" when the bird came all over him....

She dropped down in his lap, his helmet a combination of cherry marmalade and penetrating oil....

11219504_819778914778720_5324528332233499614_o.jpg

post-8974-0-78746000-1431872243.jpg

• Member Contributer

Ouch.

Had one punch a hole in my 5th Gen fairing years ago. Luckily for me it only glanced off my shoulder.

It can be quite striking! ;)

Many years ago (southbound out of Maine on I-95 and trying to keep up, a Seagull Kamikazied into my helmet. Closure rate may have been 75 - 80 m/h. It felt like my head would come off. The most weird was 4 years ago. A squirrel lost its footing and landed in my lap. That wasn't fun either; but I did win an award @ our annual rally. A stuffed squirrel festooned with a 1st place blue ribbon and 5 nut cluster. R3~

• Member Contributer

A couple years ago I had a crow hit me in the upper left part of my chest. It didn't hurt too bad because it hit me at an angle as opposed to head-on (but I could still feel a slight pain a few hours later). I looked in my left rear view mirror and saw the bird on the road motionless (I'm sure it died instantly).

At least it didn't hit the shield on my helmet.

• Member Contributer

a grass hopper almost ruined a relationship with a hottie :blink:

one big one jumped looking for dinner and i hit it going triple digit in kanas, with my neck.

by the the the time i was in Malibu Ca the next day , i had a black and blue mark that looked like a hicky :dry:

i am just glad she was the level headed one, because i am pretty sure i would have hit a frying pan next.. :tongue2:

Hit a Blue Jay a few years ago, just a blue dot it hit the side of my helmet. No damage to helmet Blue Jay did not fair so well.

i had a bee get inside my helmet years ago...stung me around the ear several times

• Member Contributer

Went through a mile or two wide swarm of grasshoppers or locusts in Nevada years ago. The sky was almost dark with them, the stink of the dead ones on me and bike after was puke inducing. And went through a bee swarm about 5 years ago, several made it inside my jacket and stung. Good times.

I took a female robin to the headlight "at a fair speed", which resulted in a large mess and not so nice odor.

I know it was a female robin, because I found baby blue eggshell on my visor when I got to work and started cleaning it...

This looks a fun thread, birds are obviously very ballistic and the feathers clearly unable to absorb much of the force.

I hit an unshorn sheep once. There are a few around here and some of the fencing in the remote parts leaves a bit to be desired. Lucky I was travelling at less than 100 kph, came around a corner when confronted by a line of four of the woolly absconders. I went hard on the brakes so must have taken even more speed off before glancing one sheep on the left. It shot up the fairing, hit me in the leg and bounced across the road.

No damage to the bike, and I stayed on. I could not believe it, and looked in the rear vision mirrors to see the sheep get up and run off. Great brakes and very stable these VFR1200s.

• Member Contributer

i had a bee get inside my helmet years ago...stung me around the ear several times

The only time in my life I've been stung by a bee, I was on my bike. It stung me on the back of my neck.

Went through a mile or two wide swarm of grasshoppers or locusts in Nevada years ago. The sky was almost dark with them, the stink of the dead ones on me and bike after was puke inducing. And went through a bee swarm about 5 years ago, several made it inside my jacket and stung. Good times.

Look at this. Courtesy of a midsummer night's ride in Minnesota. My jacket and bike were just as bad.

post-8583-0-04775400-1432391114.jpg

Archived