Useful Tool: Extra Slim Jis Screwdiver

MadFrog

• Member Contributer

I just gave that set a long look. I really like the idea of the impact driver. It'll be there later!

My kit came with a #3 impact driver, I'm thinking of ordering a #2 impact driver. Buying stuff never ends does it?!

• Member Contributer

Interesting that the place I ended up buying the JIS driver set from on eBay is a place that caters to motorcyclist. Their name is RRR Tool Solutions (Repair your machine, Roll your tools and Ride) and they seem to have some cool tool sets.They even have a video that shows the difference between a phillips and JIS driver and how it works when torque is applied. I have no affliation to them but thought I'd pass this along. Their website is www.rrrtoolsolutions.com

Phillips vs JIS driver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boOo00Sg9Bk&feature=youtu.be

They also have this cool socket kit that looks interesting.

• Member Contributer

My 3 screwdrivers arrived at the weekend.

Good video, thanks.

I first read about JIS screwdrivers in Motorcycle Consumer news a few months back.

I wonder why the big 4 Japanese bike companies did not tell us about these years ago. :wink:

I got wise to JIS many years ago. No wonder I stripped out the clutch and brake cylinder screws, EACH AND EVERY TIME I CHANGED FLUIDS, on every bike I own, before I found out about JIS, and bought a set of them. What a PITA to have to buy screws and drill out the old ones every damn time.

And not a single mention in any owner's manual or service manual that I've ever seen on any Japanese bike I've ever owned. Why the "need to know" secrecy?

• Member Contributer

I just gave that set a long look. I really like the idea of the impact driver. It'll be there later!

My kit came with a #3 impact driver, I'm thinking of ordering a #2 impact driver. Buying stuff never ends does it?!

Now that I have them in hand, I agree with needing the #2 Impact. I'd prefer it over the #3.

So, do we need these for a 6th gen?!?!?!?

For any Japanese motorcycle (and for many other Japanese products too).

Has anyone seen a source for JIS screwdriver bits?

http://www.rjrcooltools.com/vessel.cfm

3-Piece-Quarter-Inch-Drive-.jpg

• Member Contributer

Has anyone seen a source for JIS screwdriver bits?

Apparently you missed my post or didn't see the link to the place I bought my kit from...

1427036483642-483940246.jpeg

http://shop.rrrtoolsolutions.com/Ratchet-Bit-Torx-Set-JIS-Premium-201512.htm

Archived