This Is A Costly Place

• Member Contributer

Even though there are no membership fee's here, it has been a very expensive place for me to hang out at due to all the money I spend on mods for my bike! :blink: lol

• Member Contributer

It's definitely easy to get carried away. I just ordered a new set of tires today. . . Ouch!

• Member Contributer

Well, that speeding ticket put a dent in my mod pot.

And after riding Kenny's 850 bucks 1986 VF500, I concluded that spending 600+ on Jamie Daugherty front suspension kit for redslut is just "too beaucoup".

So while vfrd tempts, it tempers too!!!

• Member Contributer

Even though there are no membership fee's here, it has been a very expensive place for me to hang out at due to all the money I spend on mods for my bike! :blink: lol

+1

• Member Contributer

My €700+ can arrived yesterday as did my new screen.

Very expensive this forum! :wink:

• Member Contributer

Actually VFRD saves me lots of $$$.... Mods < New bike!

Continual stream of Mods help keep 2016 RSV4 out of the garage

+1

And then of course having to mod the new bike

• Member Contributer

Or as George Best said

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

• Member Contributer

Actually VFRD saves lots of $$$

Mods < New bike!

Continual stream of mods help keep RSV4 out of the garage.... RSV4RdemoIMG_2835_zpsbb4d3622.jpg

Any forum = cash money, just how it is.

That is my favorite color on the Ape. I'm actually looking at the 1299s Pan very hard. Dealership is 2 miles from the house. Since my RC I miss having a twin but the Duck hole I'm scared to go down because it's a got damn pit of money. Aftermarket costs, well must be a Duck tax because they are much more expensive. Those bastages in Italy finally made a comfortable twin. Amazing to go to the bike show to check out the new R1 only to climb onboard and find it a complete rack then jump on a new Pan and it feels comfy, and like heaven. I'd probably be in the stealer dumping baby batter on one if I wouldn't get arrested. Confessions from a bike crack addict.

I want a new car in the next 12-18 months as I miss my STi. Ford built a new RS that I'm set to pick up but something tells me I'll be completely stupid and buy a 1299 instead and keep driving an appliance for a daily driver. It's a damn sicknesss especially when you'd rather have a new Ducati over a nagging wife.

• Member Contributer

When i bought my 5th gen i started to keep a log of goodies and prices. Given up now, getting scary.

• Member Contributer

When i bought my 5th gen i started to keep a log of goodies and prices. Given up now, getting scary.

I quit doing that. I know in the general ballpark, which I give my insurance company to insure the aftermarket bits but someone asks every now and then "How much you got in it" and I always answer that I quit counting. I refuse to count dollars on firearms either. Just the serial #'s for insurance purposes.

• Member Contributer

Firearms? Sometimes wish i could carry, bloody car drivers over here!

• Member Contributer

Firearms? Sometimes wish i could carry, bloody car drivers over here!

That's everywhere sir. F'in smart phones and social media are public enemy #1. They couldn't drive well before either.

• Member Contributer
F'in smart phones and social media are public enemy #1.

+1 to that. Where I live cell phone use (voice or texting) has become a primary traffic offense (meaning they can pull you over for it rather than it being secondary to some other reason they pulled you over). If I were a LEO, I could write multiple tickets for it daily on my commute.

Archived