Hello From Minnesota

cavman69

cavman69-user name comes from serving in the 1st Cav Div, Vietnam '69-'70. been riding for almost 50 yrs, yeah, I'm old, and still going strong. my first bike was a Honda, 305 Super Hawk. my lastest is a '98 VFR. if any of you are from the Twin Cities, hope to see you at first Thursday at Dulano's Pizza.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to vfrd from across the pond!

We need ofcourse a picture of said VFR, cos w/o it, you donot exist.... :-)

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum from Richfield, MN. I am a regular at Dulono's Bike Night when there is no snow so hope to meet you there.

Thanks for your service.

Hello from Plymouth MN! I've never been to a first Thursday event. Hoping to make one this year.

This forum lots of good info along with devious ways to spend your hard earned cash.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Forum Fiend

Wow, you have a great collection of bikes. Hope the warm weather settles in for good up there soon. Show us a pic of that '98. I have a '99 myself which is the exact same bike. Wonderful machine. Also, thanks for your service as well. I have a son starting Air Force duty this summer out of Purdue AFROTC.

Welcome from Duluth!

Duluth is not a city I would want a bike in... It was hard enough keeping all 4 tires of my slushbox on the ground going down the hill back in college... I can only imagine trying to ride up and down that mountain with something lighter, faster, and more prone to stupid...

• Member Contributer

Welcome from Duluth!

Duluth is not a city I would want a bike in... It was hard enough keeping all 4 tires of my slushbox on the ground going down the hill back in college... I can only imagine trying to ride up and down that mountain with something lighter, faster, and more prone to stupid...

You trying to start something here Crakerjac? lol!

Roads up here are not so bad, least I don't have to contend with the traffic like you fellows in the TC's do :tour:

You fellows should come up for a Ely or Bayfield ride sometime.

• Member Contributer

I hope to be there Thursday April 2 and May 7. I have a red '01 with SebSpeed's Clear Clutch Cover. I've looked to meet up with other VFR riders there and it hasn't happened.

I think what is needed is a sigh for people to gather around. Like the Ducati crowd has in the past. (I say past because, with the demise of the Ducati dealer, there may not be one this year.)

No promises but I'll see what I can do.

The address is

607 West Lake St.

Minneapolis, MN 55408.

One half block east of Lyndale on Lake St. Big parking lot. Great pizza and last year the new owner introduced beer in the parking lot.

BTW: Knute is right! Highway 1 from Lake Superior to Ely is one of, perhaps THE best, road for riding in MN. Just watch out for deer. I've ridden it several times and never seen a deer but that means nothing. It is through the (nothing but trees) woods to gramma's house. The big bad wolves run and hide; the deer like to commit suicide by vehicle. And they like fifth gens. :wheel: :3:

Welcome Sir! A group photo of the bikes would be appreciated...

I'll see what I can do. it's something I have meaning to do anyway.

Archived