She's In My Garage!

Skids

• Member Contributer

She's in my garage and here's a photo to prove she exists. I posted about her here and went to pick her up today.

Purchased last Oct, unseen by a guy who then rode 146 miles and decided he didn't want it so took it back. Not ridden since. 2014 model with the full GT Pack (yes, I know the touring screen is missing, it's in the topbox unfitted) plus factory cigar socket under the seat and a GPS power lead at the headstock. Balance of 3-year Honda warranty remaining and all for £3000 (US$4600) off list price.

P1000780_zpswcbzlpmn.jpg

P1000779_zps9asxjl7r.jpg

Whilst the weather is ok today, there's a risk of showers and the roads still have all the crap they put on them waiting to be lifted onto the bike by any water so she probably wont be ridden for a few weeks.

So far I've ordered a Skidmarx Fender Extender & rear Hugger, I have the RAM mount for the steering column for my TomTom Rider...

P1000778_zpshkdc7lx9.jpg

I'm prevaricating over whether I should get a rad guard (Beowulf) or not; do they make the engine run hotter and with a fender extender do I actually need one?

I'll also pop a Scottoiler Cramp Buster on now that I can measure the throttle grip diameter.

After all that, a DAM exhaust is probably next and I will look at fitting a HID Xenon bulb that I've bought for my 6th Gen and see if it make a significant difference. I'd love to go the whole hog and fit a projector as Volfy did here but I'm not sure I have the skills necessary to do a decent job and if the bulb retrofit works out better than OEM, then I may just leave it at that. A Givi or Cortech tanklock bag will also follow shortly and a new seat if Mrs Skids doesn't get on with this one on one of our rideouts this spring.

Roll on the better weather!

• Member Contributer

Class looking bike, I wish you good health and luck to enjoy it, always fancied getting a spin on a 1200 to see what they are like, the indicators are well positioned up in the mirrors,

I'd imagine with the fender extender you'd have no need for a rad guard.

• Member Contributer

Congrats on the new bike. I love the grey color...

Ahem, I think you'll find it's called Titanium.

• Member Contributer

Congrats on the new bike. I love the grey color...

I don't think it photographs as well as some of the other colors but I bet it's fantastic looking in person.

• Member Contributer

You're gonna love the torque and HP. I sure love those mirrors - there would be a run on them if there were a practical way to fit them to earlier models.

• Member Contributer

You're gonna love the torque and HP. I sure love those mirrors - there would be a run on them if there were a practical way to fit them to earlier models.

Same mirror as on the new 800 and though the fairings are different, perhaps there is a way.

Your going to love the VFR. I'm in the uk and have got a 2013 in the same colour. For the uk I would fit a rad gaurd and a front fender extender. I have the r&g rad gaurd fitted which made no difference to the running temp. I've seen vfr1200 with half the cooling fins missing. And a fender extender stopped the spray from coming up between the fairing and over the tank. Really looking forward to the better weather. Haven't ridden mine since November.

Congrats! Love that color. Wish it were available here. Yes, fender extenders are a must for me. I got carbon fiber ones off ebay.

I had that RAM mount and while it worked well enough, I replaced it with one that a member here on VFRD (huntingguns) machined. Much much better.

• Member Contributer

Skids

I like that crampbuster - just ordered one! On my long rides i do suffer from cramp and am hoping it will help when i do Europe in June, Cheers.

• Member Contributer

Congrats... Again... (Bastage)... Hehehe

:goofy:

Skids

I like that crampbuster - just ordered one! On my long rides i do suffer from cramp and am hoping it will help when i do Europe in June, Cheers.

They're excellent, I've ridden with them for years but a word of caution; it's very easy to accidentally open the throttle when yr trying to brake. When you unfold your fingers from the grip to move them to the brake lever, you can rotate your wrist a little to help and this will open the throttle just when you want to slow down. You can easily train yourself to not do it, or indeed it may not happen to you, perhaps it was just me, but I'd practice a bit in a car park or quiet road somewhere before going out on it.

Archived