New Red Led Tail Lights... Ya Gotta Be Blind Not To See Me Stopping

• Member Contributer

Correct me if i'm mistaken, but the stock bulbs are clear, what is the advantage of red led over a regular white in this case? Bright is always good..

• Member Contributer

Correct me if i'm mistaken, but the stock bulbs are clear, what is the advantage of red led over a regular white in this case? Bright is always good..

White LEDs give off less light in the red wavelengths and will not be as bright as red LEDs. Always put the same color LED behind a tinted lens or the lens will filter out some of the light and reduce the brightness

• Member Contributer

Install process? Does it require a separate power unit?

Well we know it takes small hands! :goofy: Those actually look like they just plug into the existing bulb socket.

• Member Contributer

Install process? Does it require a separate power unit?

Well we know it takes small hands! :goofy: Those actually look like they just plug into the existing bulb socket.

Just wanted to check after the recent shi-ate I've been through with LED headlights. :wink:

They're plug n play and incredibly bright without being obnoxious....after just taking a refresher MSF course... highly recommended! :beer:

post-30875-0-31102000-1406886815.jpg

they also mate up well with white LED licence plate screws for a clean look... you can find them on fleabay from couple vendors for around 10 bucks

$(KGrHqV,!lcE-lETJkBLBPpp-mDQV!~~60_12.G

My girl installed these.... really helps to have small hands.... $32 fleabay score... much brighter than OEM

7443/7440 Red Projector 25W CREE High Power LED Brake Tail Stop Lights Bulbs

IxRyJBP.jpg

lawd-jesus-dat-ass-420x292.jpg

Nice Ass :beer:

is the difference between running and brake brightness is noticeable enough?

only LED tail I had was an integrated on my previous CBR600RR and u could barely see the difference at dark night, let alone in the sun shine

• Member Contributer

Good point that about taillights/brakelights difference, I'm wondering too with a top box fitted how visible the taillights are to a higher vehicle,being that the top box overhangs the rear end a bit.

• Member Contributer

Good point that about taillights/brakelights difference, I'm wondering too with a top box fitted how visible the taillights are to a higher vehicle,being that the top box overhangs the rear end a bit.

I have a GIVI E55 top case on my 2000 VFR800 and can certainly say that the tail light is still visible. I have LED tail lights and my brother says he can see my tail lights when he is behind me in his truck. His truck is a 2012 Dodge Ram3500 with an 8 inch lift kit and 35 inch tires. The floor of his box is 52 inches off the ground, so if he can still see the brake lights when behind me at a stop light and comment "Geez your freakin brake light is bright" I would say your good to go.

I am also going to add the brake light kit to the top case for some added insurance mind you. For $80 for the Givi brake light kit for my top case, it is cheap insurance.

I went a different path....2 LED strips together attached to me topbox rack, 1 wired to the tail lights as in picture, the second wired to the brake lights. When they are both on they are blinding.

I commute on the freeway, you can't have enough lights.

post-30372-0-32856500-1406938689.jpg

• Member Contributer

I have a GIVI E55 top case on my 2000 VFR800 and can certainly say that the tail light is still visible. I have LED tail lights and my brother says he can see my tail lights when he is behind me in his truck. His truck is a 2012 Dodge Ram3500 with an 8 inch lift kit and 35 inch tires. The floor of his box is 52 inches off the ground, so if he can still see the brake lights when behind me at a stop light and comment "Geez your freakin brake light is bright" I would say your good to go.

I am also going to add the brake light kit to the top case for some added insurance mind you. For $80 for the Givi brake light kit for my top case, it is cheap insurance.

You could save $75 and DIY. These LEDs have been running 2 years now with no problems.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/72076-added-brake-lights-to-my-givi-top-case/

• Member Contributer

I have the admore lighting led kit in my givi e55 case Zoomzoom and it's very good,indicators,taillights and brake lights.

If I do fit the top case on the vfr though I need another harness because the I'll be leaving the existing harness on the St1100.

and those little wiring kits aren't cheap.

Do these LEDs have resisters inside of them? I know some electrical systems are very sensitive to the draw from the bulbs, although on an older bike like this I doubt there are systems in place to monitor the bulbs.

Do these LEDs have resisters inside of them? I know some electrical systems are very sensitive to the draw from the bulbs, although on an older bike like this I doubt there are systems in place to monitor the bulbs.

If they're a plug & play, they should have a resistor appropriate for 12 volt system. Otherwise, they would burn up under power.

• Member Contributer

Just wanted to check after the recent shi-ate I've been through with LED headlights. :wink:

What problems did you have with LED headlights? :unsure:

Archived