Identify This Bike Please!

marriedman

Looks like a good kid book.

Is that green thing a Kawasaki?

It has the color. :happy:

• Member Contributer

I don't know, that back end looks different and I can't find the same paint scheme either

NS500...you were close.

yeah, where have I seen that paint scheme before...hmmm

• Member Contributer

NS500...you were close.

yeah, where have I seen that paint scheme before...hmmm

HA!! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

The bike is 83 RS500 but photo was printed backwards because the chain is actually on the left not the right...

post-3131-0-55721100-1404451649.jpg

• Member Contributer

"The Honda NS500 is a 500cc Grand Prix racing motorcycle of the early 1980s, powered by a two-stroke V3 engine. Created as a replacement for the innovative but unsuccessful four-stroke NR500, the bike went against Honda's preference for four-stroke machines but proved very effective and quickly won the 1983 500cc World Championshipwith Freddie Spencer on board.[1] Spencer was able to use the lower weight and superior handling of the NS500 to achieve higher cornering speeds, and getting on the power earlier leaving corners.[2]

After a relatively short lifespan the bike was replaced by the even more successful two-stroke V4 engine poweredNSR500."

Wiki !

• Member Contributer

I hesitate to correct Larry, but this seems to show Freddie Spencer's '83 NS500 does indeed have the chain on the left:

http://rmdmotors.com/freddie-spencers-ns500-nsr250/

You're correct... I meant to say left but made a mistake and said right...

• Member Contributer

In Canada we got the rs400 street bike looked very similar that was available but they always seemed pretty fragile or they lacked quality but perhaps we flogged the crap out of them . Local dealer bought a bunch of kits to make them 500cc and they worked well while they lasted seemed the cranks liked to let go in them . We also got rg500 's but they too had problems ,but a lot of fun to ride while they lasted .

marriedman, et al.:

If anyone is looking for a children's book on motorcycling "6218" by Michele Duff is terrific. The motorcycle is the main character! Nicely illustrated. I've given a few as gifts. She also wrote "Make Haste Slowly". Mad8 Publishing Company. When last we spoke she was riding an FZR400; I hope she still is. mad8@amtelco.net R3~

Archived